[Avon-theatre-news] AVON THEATER NEWS--NOV. 23rd, 2018

AVON THEATER 3 Skip at theAvon.com
Thu Nov 22 19:12:32 EST 2018

cid:image001.jpg at 01D1C668.61DC48E0
WEEK OF FRIDAY, NOV. 23rd thru THURSDAY, NOV. 29th ONLY!!
Check out our website at: www.TheAvon.com
Trouble Seeing the Pictures in the Newsletter??
Make sure your email browser is set to "html", not "text only".
  <https://www.facebook.com/TheAvonTheatre>
cid:image002.jpg at 01D1C668.61DC48E0
CLICK ABOVE TO GO TO OUR VITAL FACEBOOK PAGE!!
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
OUR 'QUICK LOOK' SHOWTIMES!!
RAPLHTIMES2.PNG
+++++++++++++++++++++
NEW FROM DISNEY!!
BRING THE WHOLE FAMILY!!
ralph_breaks_the_internet_wreckit_ralph_two_ver4.jpg
WRECK-IT RALPH 2: Ralph Breaks the Internet (PG)
In "Ralph Breaks the Internet," video-game bad guy Ralph (voice of John C.
Reilly) and best friend Vanellope von Schweetz (voice of Sarah Silverman)
leave the comforts of Litwak's arcade in an attempt to save her game, Sugar
Rush. Their quest takes them to the vast, uncharted world of the internet
where they rely on the citizens of the internet--the Netizens--to help
navigate their way. Lending a virtual hand are Yesss (voice of Taraji P.
Henson), the head algorithm and the heart and soul of the trend-making site
"BuzzzTube," and Shank (voice of Gal Gadot), a tough-as-nails driver from a
gritty online auto-racing game called Slaughter Race, a place Vanellope
wholeheartedly embraces--so much so that Ralph worries he may lose the only
friend he's ever had.
ralph_breaks_the_internet_wreckit_ralph_two_ver24.jpg
WRECK-IT RALPH 2: Ralph Breaks the Internet (PG)
FRI & SAT: (1:00) - (4:00) - 7:00

++++++++++++++++++++++++++
NEW FROM THE WORLD OF HARRY POTTER!!
fantastic_beasts_the_crimes_of_grindelwald_ver2.jpg
FANTASTIC BEASTS:
The Crimes of Grindewald (PG13)
At the end of the first film, the powerful Dark wizard Gellert Grindelwald
(Depp) was captured by MACUSA (Magical Congress of the United States of
America), with the help of Newt Scamander (Redmayne). But, making good on
his threat, Grindelwald escaped custody and has set about gathering
followers, most unsuspecting of his true agenda: to raise pure-blood wizards
up to rule over all non-magical beings. In an effort to thwart Grindelwald's
plans, Albus Dumbledore (Law) enlists his former student Newt Scamander, who
agrees to help, unaware of the dangers that lie ahead.

FANTASTIC BEASTS:
The Crimes of Grindewald (PG13)
FRI & SAT: (1:30) - (4:45) - 8:00

++++++++++++++++++++++
THE SEARING NEW ALL-STAR CRIME THRILLER!!
widows.JPG
WIDOWS (R)
>From the Academy Award (R)-winning director of "12 Years a Slave" and
co-writer and bestselling author Gillian Flynn ("Gone Girl") comes a
blistering, modern-day thriller set against the backdrop of crime, passion
and corruption. "Widows" is the story of four women with nothing in common
except a debt left behind by their dead husbands' criminal activities. Set
in contemporary Chicago, amid a time of turmoil, tensions build when
Veronica (Oscar (R) winner Viola Davis), Alice (Elizabeth Debicki), Linda
(Michelle Rodriguez) and Belle (Cynthia Erivo) take their fate into their
own hands.
Critics Consensus: Widows rounds up a stellar ensemble for a heist thriller
that mixes popcorn entertainment with a message - and marks another artistic
leap for the director.
WIDOWS (R)
FRI & SAT: (1:30) - (4:45) - 8:00

++++++++++++++++++++++

Skip&Marquee.jpg
I hope all of you gorged yourselves on turkey and the all assorted hoo-hah!
My family did our Thanksgiving dinner on Wednesday night, since we have to
work the theater on Thanksgiving day, and boy it was good!

Here's a little something to ponder:

Thanksgiving Day in 1916 was Nov. 23rd.

So, that means on Friday, Nov. 23rd, the Avon is 102 years old!
That also means on Saturday, we start its 103rd year!!
Nov281916.gif
The Avon's opening night: Nov. 23rd, 1916

Let's get ready for the ramp-up to Christmas.
Some of the year's BEST movies come out in the Christmas season!!

The ORIGINAL $5.00 TUESDAY!!
tightwad.JPG
The Avon Theater has been YOUR locally owned, family-operated 'hometown
theater' for 102 Years!!
As of April, 2018, we started our 20th Year!!
cid:image008.jpg at 01D1C668.61DC48E0- Skip Huston