[Avon-theatre-news] Avon Theater News JUNE 29th, 2018

AVON THEATER 3 Skip at theAvon.com
Tue Jun 26 22:30:46 EDT 2018

cid:image001.jpg at 01D1C668.61DC48E0
WEEK OF FRIDAY, JUNE 29th thru THURSDAY, JULY 5th ONLY!!
Check out our website at: www.TheAvon.com
Trouble Seeing the Pictures in the Newsletter??
Make sure your email browser is set to "html", not "text only".
  <https://www.facebook.com/TheAvonTheatre>
cid:image002.jpg at 01D1C668.61DC48E0
CLICK ABOVE TO GO TO OUR VITAL FACEBOOK PAGE!!
OUR 'QUICK LOOK' SHOWTIMES!!
ANTtimes.PNG
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
BIGGEST MOVIE ON EARTH!!
jurassic_world_fallen_kingdom_ver8.jpg

JURASSIC WORLD: The Fallen Kingdom(PG13)
It's been three years since theme park and luxury resort Jurassic World was
destroyed by dinosaurs out of containment. Isla Nublar now sits abandoned by
humans while the surviving dinosaurs fend for themselves in the jungles.
When the island's dormant volcano begins roaring to life, Owen (Chris Pratt)
and Claire (Bryce Dallas Howard) mount a campaign to rescue the remaining
dinosaurs from this extinction-level event. Owen is driven to find Blue, his
lead raptor who's still missing in the wild, and Claire has grown a respect
for these creatures she now makes her mission. Arriving on the unstable
island as lava begins raining down, their expedition uncovers a conspiracy
that could return our entire planet to a perilous order not seen since
prehistoric times.
Critics Consensus: Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom adds another set
piece-packed entry to the blockbuster franchise. .. genuinely thrilling
moments!!....

JURASSIC WORLD: The Fallen Kingdom (PG13)
jurassic_world_fallen_kingdom_ver3.jpgjurassic_world_fallen_kingdom_ver2.jpg
JURASSIC WORLD 2: The Fallen Kingdom (PG13)

EVEN BETTER IN NO-EXTRA-CHARGE 3D!!
JURASSIC WORLD 2: The Fallen Kingdom 3D (PG13)
FRI, SAT & SUN: 7:00 (NO Extra 3D Charges!)

++++++++++++++++++++++++++

FUN FOR THE WHOLE FAMILY!!

INCREDIBLES.JPG
INCREDIBLES 2 (PG)
Everyone's favorite family of superheroes is back in "Incredibles 2"--but
this time Helen (voice of Holly Hunter) is in the spotlight, leaving Bob
(voice of Craig T. Nelson) at home with Violet (voice of Sarah Vowell) and
Dash (voice of Huck Milner) to navigate the day-to-day heroics of "normal"
life. It's a tough transistion for everyone, made tougher by the fact that
the family is still unaware of baby Jack-Jack's emerging superpowers. When a
new villain hatches a brilliant and dangerous plot, the family and Frozone
(voice of Samuel L. Jackson) must find a way to work together again--which
is easier said than done, even when they're all Incredible.

INCREDIBLES 2 (PG)

++++++++++++++++++++++++++
IT'S BACK!! For a LIMITED ENCORE!!
>ALL SHOWS ONLY $5.00!!!<
book_club_ver2.jpg
BOOK CLUB (PG13)
Diane (Diane Keaton) is recently widowed after 40 years of marriage. Vivian
(Jane Fonda) enjoys her men with no strings attached. Sharon (Candice
Bergen) is still working through a decades-old divorce. Carol's (Mary
Steenburgen) marriage is in a slump after 35 years. Four lifelong friends'
lives are turned upside down to hilarious ends when their book club tackles
the infamous Fifty Shades of Grey. From discovering new romance to
rekindling old flames, they inspire each other to make their next chapter
the best chapter.

BOOK CLUB (PG13)
FRI: (4:00)
SAT & SUN: (1:00) - (4:00)
MON, TUES & WED: 6:30 (ENDS WEDNESDAY!!)
++++++++++++++++++++++++++
SNEAK PREMIERE!! THURS, JULY 5th 7:00 PM
antman_and_the_wasp_ver3.JPG
ANT-MAN AND THE WASP (PG13)

>From the Marvel Cinematic Universe comes a new chapter featuring heroes with
the astonishing ability to shrink: "Ant-Man and The Wasp." In the aftermath
of "Captain America: Civil War," Scott Lang (Rudd) grapples with the
consequences of his choices as both a Super Hero and a father. As he
struggles to rebalance his home life with his responsibilities as Ant-Man,
he's confronted by Hope van Dyne (Lilly) and Dr. Hank Pym (Douglas) with an
urgent new mission. Scott must once again put on the suit and learn to fight
alongside The Wasp as the team works together to uncover secrets from their
past.

ANT-MAN AND THE WASP (PG13)

SNEAK PREMIERE!! THURS, JULY 5th 7:00 PM
++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Skippy 2nd Grade.bmpSKIPPY2016.JPG
Skippy Huston
Yes, its true.
We're bringing BOOK CLUB back for a limited encore!
Look at the show times carefully, because it is not on a full schedule.

BOOK CLUB turned out to be a huge and pleasant surprise for us, and, as of
this writing it's the 2nd biggest movie of 2018 for us!! (Beat only by BLACK
PANTHER last winter).
We didn't want to let it go, but other movies were pushing their way in, so,
I made a pledge to myself to bring it back just as soon as possible!
PLUS, I'm putting ALL SHOWS of BOOK CLUB at only $5.00!!
That way, if you saw it once (or twice) already, you'll feel good about
bringing friends and seeing it AGAIN!!
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
I want to wish everyone a safe and groovy 4th of July.
Since it is mid-week, we aren't doing anything special until the next day,
July 5th, when we have our Sneak Premiere of Marvel's new ANT-MAN AND THE
WASP (PG13).
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Let's hope your picnics and fireworks and celebrations of our country's
fight for independence will remind and underscore how precious (and
sometimes fragile) this battle-born America is!
Somehow, we always seem to overcome adversity, because GOD LOVES AMERICA!!
The ORIGINAL $5.00 TUESDAY!!
tightwad.JPG
The Avon Theater has been YOUR locally owned, family-operated 'hometown
theater' for OVER 101 Years!!
As of April, 2018, we started our 20th Year!!
cid:image008.jpg at 01D1C668.61DC48E0- Skip Huston