[Avon-theatre-news] Avon Theater News-MARCH 2nd, 2018

AVON THEATER 3 Skip at theAvon.com
Wed Feb 28 21:03:29 EST 2018

cid:image001.jpg at 01D1C668.61DC48E0
WEEK OF FRIDAY, MARCH 2 thru THURSDAY, MARCH 8th ONLY!!
Check out our website at: www.TheAvon.com
Trouble Seeing the Pictures in the Newsletter??
Make sure your email browser is set to "html", not "text only".
  <https://www.facebook.com/TheAvonTheatre>
cid:image002.jpg at 01D1C668.61DC48E0
CLICK ABOVE TO GO TO OUR VITAL FACEBOOK PAGE!!
+++++++++++++++++++++
OUR "QUICK LOOK" SHOWTIMES
SPARROWtimes.PNG
+++++++++++++++++++++
BIGGEST MOVIE IN THE WORLD!!
3RD BIG WEEK!!
black_panther.JPG
BLACK PANTHER (PG13)

"Black Panther" follows T'Challa who, after the events of "Captain America:
Civil War," returns home to the isolated, technologically advanced African
nation of Wakanda to take his place as King. However, when an old enemy
reappears on the radar, T'Challa's mettle as King and Black Panther is
tested when he is drawn into a conflict that puts the entire fate of Wakanda
and the world at risk.

Critics Consensus: Black Panther elevates superhero cinema to thrilling new
heights while telling one of the MCU's most absorbing stories -- and
introducing some of its most fully realized characters.
black_panther_ver17.JPG

BLACK PANTHER (PG13)
++++++++++++++++++++++++
A Great New Comedy Hit!!
game_night_ver4.JPG
GAME NIGHT (R)

Jason Bateman and Rachel McAdams star as Max and Annie, whose weekly couples
game night gets kicked up a notch when Max's charismatic brother, Brooks
(Chandler), arranges a murder mystery party, complete with fake thugs and
faux federal agents. So when Brooks gets kidnapped, it's all part of the
game - right? But as the six uber-competitive gamers set out to solve the
case and win, they begin to discover that neither this game - nor Brooks -
are what they seem to be. Over the course of one chaotic night, the friends
find themselves increasingly in over their heads as each twist leads to
another unexpected turn. With no rules, no points, and no idea who all the
players are, this could turn out to be the most fun they've ever had... or
game over.

GAME NIGHT (R)

++++++++++++++++++++++++

JENNIFER LAWRENCE AS YOU'VE NEVER SEEN HER BEFORE!!
TOP-NOTCH SPY THRILLER!!

SPARROW1.JPG

RED SPARROW (R)

Dominika Egorova is many things. A devoted daughter determined to protect
her mother at all costs. A prima ballerina whose ferocity has pushed her
body and mind to the absolute limit. A master of seductive and manipulative
combat. When she suffers a career-ending injury, Dominika and her mother are
facing a bleak and uncertain future. That is why she finds herself
manipulated into becoming the newest recruit for Sparrow School, a secret
intelligence service that trains exceptional young people like her to use
their bodies and minds as weapons. After enduring the perverse and sadistic
training process, she emerges as the most dangerous Sparrow the program has
ever produced. Dominika must now reconcile the person she was with the power
she now commands, with her own life and everyone she cares about at risk,
including an American CIA agent who tries to convince her he is the only
person she can trust.

SPARROW.JPG

RED SPARROW (R)

++++++++++++++++++++++
SPECIAL PREMIERE!!
THURS, MARCH 8th at 7:00 PM!!
STANDARD 2D or EYE-POPPING 3D-YOUR CHOICE!
NO EXTRA CHARGE FOR 3D!!

WRINKLE.JPG
A WRINKLE IN TIME (PG)

Meg Murry (Storm Reid) is a typical middle school student struggling with
issues of self-worth who is desperate to fit in. As the daughter of two
world-renowned physicists, she is intelligent and uniquely gifted, as is
Meg's younger brother Charles Wallace (Deric McCabe), but she has yet to
realize it for herself. Making matters even worse is the baffling
disappearance of Mr. Murry (Chris Pine), which torments Meg and has left her
mother (Gugu Mbatha-Raw) heartbroken. Charles Wallace introduces Meg and her
fellow classmate Calvin (Levi Miller) to three celestial guides-Mrs. Which
(Oprah Winfrey), Mrs. Whatsit (Reese Witherspoon) and Mrs. Who (Mindy
Kaling)-who have journeyed to Earth to help search for their father, and
together they set off on their formidable quest. Traveling via a wrinkling
of time and space known as tessering, they are soon transported to worlds
beyond their imagination where they must confront a powerful evil. To make
it back home to Earth, Meg must look deep within herself and embrace her
flaws to harness the strength necessary to defeat the darkness closing in on
them.
WRINKLE2.JPG

A WRINKLE IN TIME (PG)

THURS, MARCH 8th: 7:00 PM (Standard 2D)
3D SHOWING: THURS, MARCH 8th: 7:00 PM
+++++++++++++++++++++++++

Skip pic.JPG
Skip Huston

Hiya Folks!

In this amazing information age, there are so many places you can get Avon
showtime info:
Our website (www.theavon.com), our Facebook page, Flixster, Fandango,
Google, Yahoo, and so many other resources, not to mention the good old
telephone to our hotline (422-8151)...
I've come to the conclusion this newsletter is rather redundant.

When we first started out, 19 years ago (we'll start our 20th year in April)
there was no way to get to you except by the newsletter. I felt a lot of
people read the newsletter for many years.
But, now?
It pains me to think how hard I work on this when so few are reading it.

I've been doing some covert tests recently, to try and see how many actually
DO read this.
Just last week, I put a glaring error ON PURPOSE to see how many would point
it out!
The only person who pointed it out was a former Decatur resident, who loves
the Avon, but hasn't actually been here in more than a decade!!
I frequently ask my film class if they've read my newsletter, and hardly any
hands go up.
To bring even more injury, I ask my own wonderful, loyal, one-of-a-kind
staff if THEY read it? No.
I don't even think my wife or daughter read it!

For those of you who DO read the newsletter, please discover our FaceBook
page. It's really popular and has over 10,000 followers!

But, for now, the newsletter is signing off.
You may still hear something from time to time when there is a program I
want to touch all bases on, but.
Good Night, and Good Luck!
It's BACK!! The ORIGINAL $5.00 TUESDAY!!
NO SILLY CLUBS TO JOIN!! NO CORPORATE HOO-HAH TO TRAVERSE!!
tightwad.JPG
The Avon Theater has been YOUR locally owned, family-operated 'hometown
theater' for OVER 100 Years!!
IN APRIL of 2018, We'll be in our 20th Year!!
cid:image008.jpg at 01D1C668.61DC48E0- Skip Huston