[Avon-theatre-news] Avon Theater News FEB. 9th, 2018

AVON THEATER 3 Skip at theAvon.com
Wed Feb 7 18:14:17 EST 2018

cid:image001.jpg at 01D1C668.61DC48E0
WEEK OF FRIDAY, FEB. 9th thru THURSDAY, FEB. 15th ONLY!!
Check out our website at: www.TheAvon.com
Trouble Seeing the Pictures in the Newsletter??
Make sure your email browser is set to "html", not "text only".
  <https://www.facebook.com/TheAvonTheatre>
cid:image002.jpg at 01D1C668.61DC48E0
CLICK ABOVE TO GO TO OUR VITAL FACEBOOK PAGE!!
++++++++++++++++++++
OUR "QUICK LOOK" SHOWTIMES!!
PARISTIMES.PNG
+++++++++++++++++++++
STARTS FRIDAY, FEB. 9th!!
Clint Eastwood delivers another American classic!!
fifteen_seventeen_to_paris.JPG
THE 15:17 TO PARIS (PG13)
In the early evening of August 21, 2015, the world watched in stunned
silence as the media reported a thwarted terrorist attack on Thalys train
#9364 bound for Paris, an attempt prevented by three courageous young
Americans traveling through Europe. The film follows the course of the
friends' lives, from the struggles of childhood through finding their
footing in life, to the series of unlikely events leading up to the attack.
Throughout the harrowing ordeal, their friendship never wavers, making it
their greatest weapon and allowing them to save the lives of the more than
500 passengers on board.

THE 15:17 TO PARIS (PG13)
(No Thurs Show due to Special Event)

+++++++++++++++
STARTS FRIDAY, FEB. 9th!
Just in time for a Family-Friendly Valentine's Day!
forever_my_girl.JPG
FOREVER MY GIRL (PG)

Forever My Girl tells the story of country music super-star Liam Page (Alex
Roe) who left his bride, Josie (Jessica Rothe), at the altar choosing fame
and fortune instead. However, Liam never got over Josie, his one true love,
nor did he ever forget his Southern roots in the small community where he
was born and raised. When he unexpectedly returns to his hometown for the
funeral of his high school best friend, Liam is suddenly faced with the
consequences of all that he left behind.

NOTE FROM SKIP: I decided to forego the more tawdry aspects of certain
Valentine's Day movies, and bring one in that the entire family could see
and love.
After all: Valentine's Day is for ALL your loved ones!

FOREVER MY GIRL (PG)

(No Thurs Show due to Special Event)

++++++++++++++++++++++++

HURRY!! ENDS WEDNESDAY, FEB. 14th!!

oscarman.bmp3 OSCAR NOMINATIONS!!
Including "Best Actress", "Best Supporting Actress"

i_tonya.JPG
I, TONYA (R)

Based on the unbelievable, but true events, I, TONYA is a darkly comedic
tale of American figure skater, Tonya Harding, and one of the most
sensational scandals in sports history. Though Harding was the first
American woman to complete a triple axel in competition, her legacy was
forever defined by her association with an infamous, ill-conceived, and even
more poorly executed attack on fellow Olympic competitor Nancy Kerrigan.
Featuring an iconic turn by Margot Robbie as the fiery Harding, a
mustachioed Sebastian Stan as her impetuous ex-husband Jeff Gillooly, a
tour-de-force performance from Allison Janney as her acid-tongued mother,
LaVona Golden, and an original screenplay by Steven Rogers, Craig
Gillespie's I, TONYA is an absurd, irreverent, and piercing portrayal of
Harding's life and career in all of its unchecked--and checkered--glory.
Critics Consensus: Led by strong work from Margot Robbie and Allison Janney,
I, Tonya finds the humor in its real-life story without losing sight of its
more tragic -- and emotionally resonant -- elements.

i_tonya_ver3.JPG

I, TONYA (R)

MON, TUES & WED: 6:30 (ENDS WEDNESDAY!!)

++++++++++++++++

SPECIAL PREMIERE THURS, FEB. 15th at 7:00 PM
2D or 3D-YOUR Choice!
But, no EXTRA charges for 3D!!
black_panther.JPG
BLACK PANTHER (PG13)

"Black Panther" follows T'Challa who, after the events of "Captain America:
Civil War," returns home to the isolated, technologically advanced African
nation of Wakanda to take his place as King. However, when an old enemy
reappears on the radar, T'Challa's mettle as King and Black Panther is
tested when he is drawn into a conflict that puts the entire fate of Wakanda
and the world at risk.

Critics Consensus: Black Panther elevates superhero cinema to thrilling new
heights while telling one of the MCU's most absorbing stories -- and
introducing some of its most fully realized characters.

BLACK PANTHER (PG13)
PREMIERE THURS, FEB. 15th at 7:00 PM!!

(Regular Showtimes Announced Next Week!)
++++++++++++++++++++++++

Skip pic.JPG
Skip Huston
I'm gonna rant, rave & ramble about the SAME thing we ALL are!!
I NEED SUMMER!!
-or-
At least SPRING!!
-or-
Maybe at least some warmer temps???

We've had pretty mild winters for the last few years, so we've bought and
paid for this one!
But, that doesn't mean I don't get to gripe about it!!
So there.
It's BACK!! The ORIGINAL $5.00 TUESDAY!!
NO SILLY CLUBS TO JOIN!! NO CORPORATE HOO-HAH TO TRAVERSE!!
tightwad.JPG
The Avon Theater has been YOUR locally owned, family-operated 'hometown
theater' for OVER 100 Years!!
IN APRIL of 2018, We'll be in our 20th Year!!
cid:image008.jpg at 01D1C668.61DC48E0- Skip Huston