[Avon-theatre-news] Avon Theater News AUG 10th, 2018

AVON THEATER 3 Skip at theAvon.com
Wed Aug 8 19:30:34 EDT 2018

SNEAK PREMIERE THURS, AUG. 9th 7:00 PM!!

ALL PREMIERE SEATS ONLY $5.00!!
2D or 3D-YOUR Choice-But, NO Extra 3D Charges!!

meg.JPGmeg_ver13.JPG

THE MEG (PG13)

cid:image001.jpg at 01D1C668.61DC48E0
WEEK OF FRIDAY, Aug. 10th thru THURSDAY, Aug. 16th ONLY!!
Check out our website at: www.TheAvon.com
Trouble Seeing the Pictures in the Newsletter??
Make sure your email browser is set to "html", not "text only".
  <https://www.facebook.com/TheAvonTheatre>
cid:image002.jpg at 01D1C668.61DC48E0
CLICK ABOVE TO GO TO OUR VITAL FACEBOOK PAGE!!
OUR 'QUICK LOOK' SHOWTIMES!!
CRAZYTIMES.PNG
+++++++++++++++++++++

A FAMILY TREAT!!
christopher_robin_ver3.JPG
Disney's CHRISTOPHER ROBIN (PG)
In the heatwarming live action adventure "Disney's Christopher Robin," the
young boy who loved embarking on adventures in the Hundred Acre Wood with a
band of spirited and loveable stuffed animals, has grown up and lost his
way. Now it is up to his childhood friends to venture into our world and
help Christopher Robin remember the loving and playful boy who is still
inside.
Disney's CHRISTOPHER ROBIN (PG)

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++
SNEAK PREMIERE THURSDAY, AUG. 9th at 7:00 PM!!
ALL PREMIERE SEATS ONLY $5.00!!
2D or 3D---YOUR CHOICE!!
NO Extra 3D Charges!!
meg.JPGmeg_ver13.JPG
THE MEG (PG13)
A deep-sea submersible--part of an international undersea observation
program--has been attacked by a massive creature, previously thought to be
extinct, and now lies disabled at the bottom of the deepest trench in the
Pacific... with its crew trapped inside. With time running out, expert deep
sea rescue diver Jonas Taylor (Jason Statham) is recruited by a visionary
Chinese oceanographer (Winston Chao), against the wishes of his daughter
Suyin (Li Bingbing), to save the crew--and the ocean itself--from this
unstoppable threat: a pre-historic 75-foot-long shark known as the
Megalodon. What no one could have imagined is that, years before, Taylor had
encountered this same terrifying creature.

THE MEG (PG13)
STARTS THURSDAY, AUG. 9th at 7:00 PM!!
ALL PREMIERE SEATS ONLY $5.00!!
In Standard 2D or Our Fabulous 3D!!
NO EXTRA 3D CHARGES!!
THE MEG (PG13)
STANDARD 2D TIMES:
FRI: 8:00
SAT: (2:00) - 8:00
SUN: (2:00)
MON thru THURS: 7:15

THE MEG 3D (PG13)
REALD 3D TIMES:
FRI, SAT, SUN: (5:00)
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++
HELD OVER ONE WEEK!!!
mamma_mia_here_we_go_again_ver3.jpg
MAMMA MIA! : Here We Go Again (PG13)
As the film goes back and forth in time to show how relationships forged in
the past resonate in the present, James will play the role of Young Donna.
Filling the roles of Young Rosie and Young Tanya are Alexa Davies (A
Brilliant Young Mind) and Jessica Keenan Wynn (Broadway's Beautiful). Young
Sam will be played by Jeremy Irvine (War Horse), while Young Bill is Josh
Dylan (Allied) and Young Harry is Hugh Skinner
Critics Consensus: Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again doubles down on just about
everything fans loved about the original -- and my my, how can fans resist
it?
MAMMA MIA! : Here We Go Again (PG13)

MON & TUES: 7:15
+++++++++++++++++++++++++
STARTS WED., Aug. 15th!!
You'll LOVE This One!!
It's BIG FAT GREEK WEDDING done Asian Style!
crazy_rich_asians.JPG
CRAZY RICH ASIANS (PG13)
"Crazy Rich Asians" follows native New Yorker Rachel Chu (Wu) as she
accompanies her longtime boyfriend, Nick Young (Golding), to his best
friend's wedding in Singapore. Excited about visiting Asia for the first
time but nervous about meeting Nick's family, Rachel is unprepared to learn
that Nick has neglected to mention a few key details about his life. It
turns out that he is not only the scion of one of the country's wealthiest
families but also one of its most sought-after bachelors. Being on Nick's
arm puts a target on Rachel's back, with jealous socialites and, worse,
Nick's own disapproving mother (Yeoh) taking aim. And it soon becomes clear
that while money can't buy love, it can definitely complicate things.

CRAZY RICH ASIANS (PG13)
WED & THURS: 7:15
(NEXT WEEK'S SHOWTIMES IN NEXT NEWSLETTER)
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Skippy 2nd Grade.bmpSKIPPY2016.JPG
Skippy Huston
So, its August, and the time we start to think about Back-to-School, Labor
Day, Halloween and.
My Fall Film Classes!
SEPT 20th to NOV. 8th "GREATEST LEADING MEN---Part Two"

More details coming in the next few weeks, but this series MAY profile the
likes of Gary Cooper, Russell Crowe, Paul Muni, Douglas Fairbanks, Sean
Connery, John Wayne and MORE!!

Stay tuned for details!
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
My heart is heavy with the loss of a great Avon customer, and a true friend,
Joseph "Marty" Martin.
Many of you knew him as the owner of Marty's Tire Service for the past 41
years.
He and his loving wife, Thelma, have been loyal customers of the Avon since
day one, and we will miss him every week when he isn't standing at the
box-office window.
But, my relationship with Marty goes beyond the 20 years at the Avon.
When Sue and I were first transferred here from Denver in late 1989 (that
was after I had been gone from Decatur since 1975, living in California,
Nevada, Utah and Colorado) I was looking for a mechanic that I could trust
to take care of our cars; someone honest.
Everyone said "Take it to Marty, he's Decatur's best kept secret".
That's when I found out that Marty did MUCH more car work than just tires!
I ended up using him exclusively for all my cars, and, actually BUYING 4
cars from him!

His sons will continue to run the business, but Marty's loss will leave a
big space.

We lost one of the good ones, folks!
The ORIGINAL $5.00 TUESDAY!!
tightwad.JPG
The Avon Theater has been YOUR locally owned, family-operated 'hometown
theater' for OVER 101 Years!!
As of April, 2018, we started our 20th Year!!
cid:image008.jpg at 01D1C668.61DC48E0- Skip Huston