[Avon-theatre-news] Avon Theater News OCT. 27th, 2017

AVON THEATER 3 Skip at theAvon.com
Wed Oct 25 18:45:14 EDT 2017

FREE HALLOWEEN MOVIE!!!
THURS, OCT. 26th at 7:00 PM
The Richland Community College Alumni Association presents.
YOUNGposter.jpg
NO TICKET NEEDED!!

cid:image001.jpg at 01D1C668.61DC48E0

WEEK OF FRIDAY, OCT. 27th thru THURSDAY, NOV. 2nd ONLY!!
Check out our website at: www.TheAvon.com

Trouble Seeing the Pictures in the Newsletter??
Make sure your email browser is set to "html", not "text only".
  <https://www.facebook.com/TheAvonTheatre>
cid:image002.jpg at 01D1C668.61DC48E0
CLICK ABOVE TO GO TO OUR VITAL FACEBOOK PAGE!!
++++++++++++++++++++++
OUR "QUICK LOOK" SHOWTIMES

THORTIMES.PNG
++++++++++++++++++++
A WONDERFUL TRUE STORY OF THE CLASSIC BOOKS!
IT'S ONLY AT THE AVON!!
CHRISROBIN.JPG
GOODBYE CHRISTOPHER ROBIN (PG)
GOODBYE CHRISTOPHER ROBIN gives a rare glimpse into the relationship between
beloved children's author A. A. Milne and his son Christopher Robin, whose
toys inspired the magical world of Winnie the Pooh. Along with his mother
Daphne, and his nanny Olive (Kelly Macdonald), Christopher Robin and his
family are swept up in the international success of the books; the
enchanting tales bringing hope and comfort to England after the First World
War. But with the eyes of the world on Christopher Robin, what will the cost
be to the family?

Critics Consensus: Goodbye Christopher Robin. offers valuable insight into
the darkness shadowing the creation of a classic children's tale.

GOODBYE CHRISTOPHER ROBIN (PG)
+++++++++++++++++++++++++
ENDS SOON!! HURRY!!
EVERYONE LOVES THIS ONE!!
IT'S ONLY AT THE AVON!!
VICTORIAANDABDUL.JPG
VICTORIA & ABDUL (PG13)
The extraordinary true story of an unexpected friendship in the later years
of Queen Victoria's (Academy Award winner Judi Dench) remarkable rule. When
Abdul Karim (Ali Fazal), a young clerk, travels from India to participate in
the Queen's Golden Jubilee, he is surprised to find favor with the Queen
herself. As the Queen questions the constrictions of her long-held position,
the two forge an unlikely and devoted alliance with a loyalty to one another
that her household and inner circle all attempt to destroy. As the
friendship deepens, the Queen begins to see a changing world through new
eyes and joyfully reclaims her humanity.
Critics Consensus: Victoria & Abdul reunites Dame Judi Dench with the role
of Queen Victoria -- which is all this period drama needs.

VICTORIA & ABDUL (PG13)
+++++++++++++++++++++++++

LIMITED SCHEDULE!! ENDS SOON!!
MOUNTAINposter.JPG
THE MOUNTAIN BETWEEN US (PG13)
Stranded after a tragic plane crash, two strangers must forge a connection
to survive the extreme elements of a remote snow covered mountain. When they
realize help is not coming, they embark on a perilous journey across
hundreds of miles of wilderness, pushing one another to endure and
discovering strength they never knew possible. The film is directed by
Academy Award nominee Hany Abu-Assad and stars Academy Award winner Kate
Winslet and Idris Elba.

THE MOUNTAIN BETWEEN US  (PG13)
FRI: 8:00
SAT: (2:00) - 8:00
SUN: (2:00)
MON, TUES & WED: 7:15

+++++++++++++++++++++++++
LIMITED SCHEDULE!! FRI, SAT & SUN ONLY!!
AN UNTOLD STORY OF THE WATERGATE SCANDAL!!
LIAM NEESON - DIANE LANE
IT'S ONLY AT THE AVON!!
mark_felt_the_man_who_brought_down_the_white_house.JPG
MARK FELT: The Man Who Brought Down the White House (PG13)
Mark Felt - The Man Who Brought Down the White House centers on "Deep
Throat", the pseudonym given to the notorious whistleblower for one of the
greatest scandals of all time, Watergate. The true identity of the secret
informant remained a mystery and source of much public curiosity and
speculation for more than 30 years. That is until, in 2005, special agent
Mark Felt shockingly revealed himself as the tipster. This unbelievable true
story chronicles the personal and professional life of the brilliant and
uncompromising Felt, who risked and ultimately sacrificed everything - his
family, his career, his freedom - in the name of justice.

MARK FELT: The Man Who Brought Down the White House  (PG13)
FRI, SAT & SUN: (5:00)

+++++++++++++++++++++++++
SNEAK PREMIERE!!
THURS, NOV. 2nd at 7:00 PM
In Standard 2D or Eye-Popping RealD 3D
YOUR CHOICE---But, NO EXTRA 3D CHARGES!!
THOR.JPG
THOR: Ragnarok (PG13)
In Marvel Studios' "Thor: Ragnarok," Thor is imprisoned on the other side of
the universe without his mighty hammer and finds himself in a race against
time to get back to Asgard to stop Ragnarok--the destruction of his
homeworld and the end of Asgardian civilization--at the hands of an
all-powerful new threat, the ruthless Hela. But first he must survive a
deadly gladiatorial contest that pits him against his former ally and fellow
Avenger--the Incredible Hulk!

Critics Consensus: Exciting, funny, and above all fun, Thor: Ragnarok is a
colorful cosmic adventure that sets a new standard for its franchise -- and
the rest of the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

THOR: Ragnarok  (PG13)
THURS, NOV. 2nd at 7:00 PM (2D or 3D)
(REGULAR SHOWTIMES ANNOUNCED NEXT WEEK)

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

SkippyHead1.bmp
Well, I survived the 2017 edition of the Midnight ROCKY HORROR PICTURE SHOWS
last weekend, but I'll tell you: I may be getting too old for the wild
midnight bacchanals. I have a young and energetic staff, and I may bow out
from these insane parties from now on and let the staff run them. They can
handle anything I throw at them anyway, so why am I dragging my 67 year old
butt out until 3 AM twice in October??
My wife stopped doing them years ago, and she is younger and in better
health & shape than I am!
So, if you are one of the hundreds that come every year, don't expect to see
me!
(I'm sure that doesn't rock your world anyway! HaHaHaHa)
Almost November, and the holiday movie season is coming soon!
Its been a pokey Summer, and not-so-hot Fall, but November, December,
January and February have some great promising things coming!
The Avon Theater has been YOUR locally owned, family-operated 'hometown
theater' for OVER 100 Years!!
NOW IN OUR 19th YEAR!!
cid:image008.jpg at 01D1C668.61DC48E0- Skip Huston