[Avon-theatre-news] Avon Theater News DEC. 1st, 2017

AVON THEATER 3 Skip at theAvon.com
Wed Nov 29 17:29:23 EST 2017

cid:image001.jpg at 01D1C668.61DC48E0
WEEK OF FRIDAY, DEC. 1st thru THURSDAY, DEC. 7th ONLY!!
Check out our website at: www.TheAvon.com
Trouble Seeing the Pictures in the Newsletter??
Make sure your email browser is set to “html”, not “text only”.
  <https://www.facebook.com/TheAvonTheatre>
cid:image002.jpg at 01D1C668.61DC48E0
CLICK ABOVE TO GO TO OUR VITAL FACEBOOK PAGE!!
++++++++++++++++++++
OUR “QUICK LOOK” SHOWTIMES
3BTIMES.PNG
+++++++++++++++++++++
ONE OF THE YEAR’S BEST!!
BIG OSCAR BUZZ FOR FRANCES McDORMAND!!
three_billboards_outside_ebbing_missouri_ver3.JPG
THREE BILLBOARDS Outside Ebbing, Missouri (R)
THREE BILLBOARDS OUTSIDE EBBING, MISSOURI is a darkly comic drama from
Academy Award winner Martin McDonagh (IN BRUGES). After months have passed
without a culprit in her daughter's murder case, Mildred Hayes (Academy
Award winner Frances McDormand) makes a bold move, painting three signs
leading into her town with a controversial message directed at William
Willoughby (Academy Award nominee Woody Harrelson), the town's revered chief
of police. When his second-in-command Officer Dixon (Sam Rockwell), an
immature mother's boy with a penchant for violence, gets involved, the
battle between Mildred and Ebbing's law enforcement is only exacerbated.
Critics Consensus: Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri deftly balances
black comedy against searing drama -- and draws unforgettable performances
from its veteran cast along the way.
THREEBILLBOARDSbanner.PNG
THREE BILLBOARDS Outside Ebbing, Missouri  (R)
FRI: (5:00) – 8:00
SAT: (2:00) – (5:00) – 8:00
SUN: (2:00) – (5:00)
MON thru THURS: 7:15
++++++++++++++++++++++++++
PERFECT FOR THE CHRISTMAS SPIRIT!!
THE INSIDE STORY OF DICKENS’ “A Christmas Carol”
man_who_invented_christmas.JPG
THE MAN WHO INVENTED CHRISTMAS (PG)
The Man Who Invented Christmas tells of the magical journey that led to the
creation of Ebenezer Scrooge (Christopher Plummer), Tiny Tim and other
classic characters from A Christmas Carol. Directed by Bharat Nalluri (MISS
PETTIGREW LIVES FOR A DAY), the film shows how Charles Dickens (Dan Stevens)
mixed real life inspirations with his vivid imagination to conjure up
unforgettable characters and a timeless tale, forever changing the holiday
season into the celebration we know today.
Critics Consensus: The Man Who Invented Christmas adds holiday magic to the
writing of A Christmas Carol, putting a sweetly revisionist spin on the
story behind a classic yuletide tale.
man_who_invented_christmas_ver2.JPG

THE MAN WHO INVENTED CHRISTMAS (PG)
FRI: (4:00) – 7:00
SAT: (1:00) – (4:00) – 7:00
SUN: (1:00) – (4:00)
MON thru THURS: 6:30

++++++++++++++++++++++++
BRING THE WHOLE FAMILY!!
NEW FROM PIXAR/DISNEY!!
cocoreworked.JPG
COCO (PG)
Despite his family's baffling generations-old ban on music, Miguel (voice of
newcomer Anthony Gonzalez) dreams of becoming an accomplished musician like
his idol, Ernesto de la Cruz (voice of Benjamin Bratt). Desperate to prove
his talent, Miguel finds himself in the stunning and colorful Land of the
Dead following a mysterious chain of events. Along the way, he meets
charming trickster Hector (voice of Gael García Bernal), and together, they
set off on an extraordinary journey to unlock the real story behind Miguel's
family history.

coco.JPG

COCO  (PG)
FRI: (*4:00 3D) – 7:00
SAT: (1:00) – (*4:00 3D) – 7:00
SUN: (1:00) – (*4:00 3D)
MON, TUES & WED: 6:30
*NO EXTRA 3D CHARGES!!

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

Skip&Marquee.jpg
Skip Huston
Well, there is certainly something for everyone this weekend!
>From hard-hitting dark, dark comedy with THREE BILLBOARDS OUTSIDE EBBING,
MISSOURI, to olde fashioned holiday spirit with THE MAN WHO INVENTED
CHRISTMAS, to the 2nd week of family favorite COCO (with a few shows in FREE
3D this weekend!).

The Oscar buzz on THREE BILLBOARDS is huge, with many saying this is Frances
McDormand’s best performance since her last Oscar-winning role in FARGO.
There is talk of a Best Supporting Actor nomination for Sam Rockwell too.

But, if you want some warm and snuggly olde fashioned holiday cheer, you
can’t beat THE MAN WHO INVENTED CHRISTMAS. This is the inside story of
Charles Dickens’ “A Christmas Carol”, which, if you know your history, was
the actual catalyst for the way we enjoy Christmas today. It’s a lot of fun.
Don’t miss it!

I hope all of you had a great Thanksgiving, and are ready for the ramp up
for Christmas and New Year’s.
Growing up, I always saw Thanksgiving as a kind of “practice” for Christmas,
but, as I get older I realize how naïve that was.
Its wonderful we have a day for the sole purpose of giving thanks for our
blessings.
I know I count my blessings every day, but some don’t.
They should.
The Avon Theater has been YOUR locally owned, family-operated 'hometown
theater' for OVER 100 Years!!
NOW IN OUR 19th YEAR!!
cid:image008.jpg at 01D1C668.61DC48E0- Skip Huston