[Avon-theatre-news] Avon Theater News NOV. 3rd, 2017

AVON THEATER 3 Skip at theAvon.com
Wed Nov 1 20:05:56 EDT 2017

cid:image001.jpg at 01D1C668.61DC48E0

WEEK OF FRIDAY, NOV. 3rd thru THURSDAY, NOV. 9th ONLY!!
Check out our website at: www.TheAvon.com

Trouble Seeing the Pictures in the Newsletter??
Make sure your email browser is set to "html", not "text only".
  <https://www.facebook.com/TheAvonTheatre>
cid:image002.jpg at 01D1C668.61DC48E0
CLICK ABOVE TO GO TO OUR VITAL FACEBOOK PAGE!!
++++++++++++++++++++
SNEAK PREMIERE!! ALL THURS PREMIERE SEATS ONLY $5.00!!
THURS, NOV. 2nd at 7:00 PM
In Standard 2D or Eye-Popping RealD 3D
YOUR CHOICE---But, NO EXTRA 3D CHARGES!!
THOR.JPG
THOR: Ragnarok (PG13)
In Marvel Studios' "Thor: Ragnarok," Thor is imprisoned on the other side of
the universe without his mighty hammer and finds himself in a race against
time to get back to Asgard to stop Ragnarok--the destruction of his
homeworld and the end of Asgardian civilization--at the hands of an
all-powerful new threat, the ruthless Hela. But first he must survive a
deadly gladiatorial contest that pits him against his former ally and fellow
Avenger--the Incredible Hulk!

Critics Consensus: Exciting, funny, and above all fun, Thor: Ragnarok is a
colorful cosmic adventure that sets a new standard for its franchise -- and
the rest of the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

THOR: Ragnarok  (PG13)
THURS, NOV. 2nd at 7:00 PM (2D or 3D)

3D SHOWTIMES! NO EXTRA 3D CHARGES!!
FRI: (*4:00 3D) - *7:00 3D
SAT: (*1:00 3D) - (*4:00 3D) - *7:00 3D
SUN: (*1:00 3D) - (*4:00 3D)

+++++++++++++++++++++++++
A WONDERFUL TRUE STORY OF THE CLASSIC BOOKS!
IT'S ONLY AT THE AVON!!
CHRISROBIN.JPG
GOODBYE CHRISTOPHER ROBIN (PG)
GOODBYE CHRISTOPHER ROBIN gives a rare glimpse into the relationship between
beloved children's author A. A. Milne and his son Christopher Robin, whose
toys inspired the magical world of Winnie the Pooh. Along with his mother
Daphne, and his nanny Olive (Kelly Macdonald), Christopher Robin and his
family are swept up in the international success of the books; the
enchanting tales bringing hope and comfort to England after the First World
War. But with the eyes of the world on Christopher Robin, what will the cost
be to the family?

Critics Consensus: Goodbye Christopher Robin. offers valuable insight into
the darkness shadowing the creation of a classic children's tale.

GOODBYE CHRISTOPHER ROBIN (PG)

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

SkippyHead1.bmp
Well, Halloween 2017 is a wrap!
Now, 'tis time to think about wonderful new movies coming this winter!
We are one class away from our latest film class, "Hollywood's Greatest
Leading Men-Vol. 1" being over!
Its hard to believe! But what a great time we've all had!
Now, we take a break for the holidays, and come back on January 18th, for
our next film class, "Hollywood's Greatest Leading Ladies-Vol. 1".
You'll hear much more about it when we are on the other side of Christmas.
I'm jumping the gun a little here, but next Friday, Nov. 10th, my blushing
bride, Susan, and I have been married 33 years!!
I bless the day I found her, and I'm HOPING she feels the same!
Come have some fun with "THOR: Ragnarok" (PG13) folks! The reviews are
excellent!
And don't forget you've got ONE LAST WEEK to see "Goodbye Christopher Robin"
(PG).
It's a really wonderful film!!
NEXT WEEK: The new, all-star version of "MURDER ON THE ORIENT EXPRESS"
(PG13)

MURDERON.JPG

The Avon Theater has been YOUR locally owned, family-operated 'hometown
theater' for OVER 100 Years!!
NOW IN OUR 19th YEAR!!
cid:image008.jpg at 01D1C668.61DC48E0- Skip Huston