[Avon-theatre-news] AVON THEATER NEWS---MARCH 17th, 2017

AVON THEATER 3 Skip at theAvon.com
Wed Mar 15 19:13:22 EDT 2017

PREMIERES THURSDAY, MARCH 16th at 7:00 PM
All Premiere Seats ONLY $5.00!!
NOTE: We prefer CASH for the $5.00 Premiere seats (no credit cards) unless
you are buying 4 or more tickets.
beauty_and_the_beast_ver6_xlg.jpg

cid:image001.jpg at 01D1C668.61DC48E0

WEEK OF FRIDAY, MARCH 17th thru THURSDAY, MARCH 23rd ONLY!!
Check out our website at: www.TheAvon.com

Trouble Seeing the Pictures in the Newsletter??
Make sure your email browser is set to "html", not "text only".
  <https://www.facebook.com/TheAvonTheatre>
cid:image002.jpg at 01D1C668.61DC48E0
CLICK ABOVE TO GO TO OUR FUN FACEBOOK PAGE!!
++++++++++++++++++++++++++
OUR "QUICK LOOK" SHOWTIME PANEL
BEASTtimes.PNG
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
DISNEY'S NEW PURE ENCHANTMENT!!

SHOWING ON TWO SCREENS!!
2D (Standard) or Eye-Popping 3D---YOUR Choice!!
.but, NO EXTRA 3D CHARGES!!
beauty_and_the_beast_xlg.jpg
BEAUTY & THE BEAST (PG)
Disney's "Beauty and the Beast" is a live-action re-telling of the studio's
animated classic which refashions the classic characters from the tale as
old as time for a contemporary audience, staying true to the original music
while updating the score with several new songs. "Beauty and the Beast" is
the fantastic journey of Belle, a bright, beautiful and independent young
woman who is taken prisoner by a beast in his castle. Despite her fears, she
befriends the castle's enchanted staff and learns to look beyond the Beast's
hideous exterior and realize the kind heart and soul of the true Prince
within. The film stars: Emma Watson as Belle; Dan Stevens as the Beast; Luke
Evans as Gaston, the handsome, but shallow villager who woos Belle; Oscar
(R) winner Kevin Kline as Maurice, Belle's eccentric, but lovable father;
Josh Gad as Lefou, Gaston's long-suffering aide-de-camp; Golden Globe (R)
nominee Ewan McGregor as Lumiere, the candelabra; Oscar nominee Stanley
Tucci as Maestro Cadenza, the harpsichord; Oscar nominee Ian McKellen as
Cogsworth, the mantel clock; and two-time Academy Award (R) winner Emma
Thompson as the teapot, Mrs. Potts. Directed by Oscar (R) winner Bill Condon
based on the 1991 animated film, "Beauty and the Beast" is produced by
Mandeville Films' David Hoberman and Todd Lieberman, with eight-time
Oscar-winning composer Alan Menken, who won two Academy Awards (R) (Best
Original Score and Best Song) for the 1991 animated film, providing the
score, which will include new recordings of the original songs written by
Menken and Howard Ashman, as well as several new songs written by Menken and
three-time Oscar winner Tim Rice. "Beauty and the Beast" will be released in
U.S. theaters on March 17, 2017.

Critics Consensus: With an enchanting cast, beautifully crafted songs, and a
painterly eye for detail, Beauty and the Beast offers a faithful yet fresh
retelling that honors its beloved source material.

NOTE FROM SKIP: This is everything you want it to be, folks!

BEAUTY & THE BEAST (PG)

BEAUTY & THE BEAST 3D (PG)
FRI: (*5:00 3D) - *8:00 3D
SAT: (*2:00 3D) - (*5:00 3D) - *8:00 3D
SUN: (*2:00 3D) - (*5:00 3D)
MON thru THURS: *7:15 3D
* NO EXTRA 3D CHARGES!!

HUGE NEW ADVENTURE!!
KONGPOSTER.JPG
KONG: SKULL ISLAND (PG13)
Warner Bros. Pictures and Legendary Pictures' "Kong: Skull Island"
reimagines the origin of the mythic Kong in a compelling, original adventure
from director Jordan Vogt-Roberts ("The Kings of Summer"). In the film, a
diverse team of explorers is brought together to venture deep into an
uncharted island in the Pacific - as beautiful as it is treacherous -
unaware that they're crossing into the domain of the mythic Kong. "Kong:
Skull Island" stars Tom Hiddleston ("The Avengers," "Thor: The Dark World"),
Samuel L. Jackson ("The Hateful Eight," "Avengers: Age of Ultron"), Oscar
winner Brie Larson ("Room," "Trainwreck"), John Goodman ("Transformers: Age
of Extinction," "Argo") and John C. Reilly ("Guardians of the Galaxy," "Step
Brothers"). To fully immerse audiences in the mysterious Skull Island,
director Jordan Vogt-Roberts and his cast and filmmaking team are filming
across three continents over six months, capturing its primordial landscapes
on Oahu, Hawaii - where filming commenced on October 2015 - on Australia's
Gold Coast, and finally in Vietnam, where filming will take place across
multiple locations, some of which have never before been seen on film.

Critics Consensus: Offering exhilarating eye candy, solid acting, and a
fast-paced story, Kong: Skull Island earns its spot in the movie monster's
mythos...

KONG: SKULL ISLAND (PG13)

Skip pic.JPG

It seems like it was only yesterday when I was drumming up enrollment for
our current film class, and here it is 8 weeks later, and, just as I
promised, Spring is just around the corner!
The last class of this series is Thursday, and then we take a break until
June 15th, when we return for the 16th year of our most popular "OVERLOOKED
FILMS" series.
The film classes make time go by so quickly!
++++++++++++++++++++++++
Get ready to fall in love again with Disney's new live-action version of
BEAUTY & THE BEAST. It has all the songs you remember, and even some ones
that are new to this version, but from the same composers.
Its gonna be a box office smasheroo, folks!!
We'll have the results of the Herald & Review's "Best of Decatur" annual
poll, very soon.
We are sworn to secrecy right now, as usual.BUT.we are happy! (hint hint)
The Avon Theater has been YOUR locally owned, family-operated 'hometown
theater' for 100 Years THIS YEAR!!
This weekend, I'm looking for ALL of you and, especially...YOU!!
cid:image008.jpg at 01D1C668.61DC48E0- Skip Huston