[Avon-theatre-news] AVON THEATER NEWS---JUNE 30th, 2017

AVON THEATER 3 Skip at theAvon.com
Wed Jun 28 13:50:14 EDT 2017

cid:image001.jpg at 01D1C668.61DC48E0

WEEK OF FRIDAY, JUNE 30th thru THURSDAY, JULY 6th ONLY!!
Check out our website at: www.TheAvon.com

Trouble Seeing the Pictures in the Newsletter??
Make sure your email browser is set to "html", not "text only".
  <https://www.facebook.com/TheAvonTheatre>
cid:image002.jpg at 01D1C668.61DC48E0
CLICK ABOVE TO GO TO OUR FUN FACEBOOK PAGE!!
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
OUR "QUICK LOOK" SHOWTIMES
PARISTIMES.PNG
++++++++++++++++++++++
STARTS FRIDAY, JUNE 30th!!
AN AVON DISCOVERY!!
PERFECT FOR THE AVON CROWD!!
paris_can_wait.JPG

PARIS CAN WAIT (PG)
When her director husband is occupied with work in Paris, an American woman
takes a jaunt with his business associate, a charming Gallic rogue who is
happy to squire her on a tour of some of the finest meals in Provence. The
first feature directed by Eleanor Coppola, wife of Francis and director of
the "Apocalypse Now" documentary "Hearts of Darkness".

PARIS CAN WAIT (PG)
MON: 7:15
TUES (July 4th): (1:00) - (4:00)
WED & THURS: 7:15

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

THE EPIC SAGA CONTINUES!!
TRANS5.JPG

TRANSFORMERS 5: The Last Knight (PG13)
The Transformers leap into action once more in this sequel from Paramount
Pictures and director Michael Bay.

TRANSFORMERS 5: The Last Knight (PG13)
MON: 6:30
TUES (JULY 4th): (12:30) - (3:45)
WED: 6:30 (ENDS WEDNESDAY!)
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
ALL SHOWS FRI, SAT & SUN ONLY $5.00!!
FAMILY WEEKEND SPECIAL!!
CARS3.JPG

CARS 3 (G)
Blindsided by a new generation of blazing-fast racers, the legendary
Lightning McQueen (voice of Owen Wilson) is suddenly pushed out of the sport
he loves. To get back in the game, he will need the help of an eager young
race technician, Cruz Ramirez (voice of Cristela Alonzo), with her own plan
to win, plus inspiration from the late Fabulous Hudson Hornet and a few
unexpected turns. Proving that #95 isn't through yet will test the heart of
a champion on Piston Cup Racing's biggest stage!

Critics Consensus: Cars 3 has an unexpectedly poignant story to go with its
dazzling animation, suggesting Pixar's most middle-of-the-road franchise may
have a surprising amount of tread left.

CARS 3 (G)

MON: 6:30
TUES (JULY 4th): (1:00) - (4:00)
WED & THURS: 6:30
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
STARTS JULY 7th!! You Will LOVE This One!
HERO.PNG

THE HERO (R)
Lee Hayden (Sam Elliott) is an aging Western icon with a golden voice, but
his best performances are decades behind him. He spends his days reliving
old glories and smoking too much weed with his former-co-star-turned-dealer,
Jeremy (Nick Offerman), until a surprise cancer diagnosis brings his
priorities into sharp focus. He soon strikes up an exciting, contentious
relationship with stand-up comic Charlotte (Laura Prepon), and he attempts
to reconnect with his estranged daughter, Lucy (Krysten Ritter), all while
searching for one final role to cement his legacy.

Critics Consensus: The Hero rests on Sam Elliott's understated performance,
which proves more than capable of carrying the film..

THE HERO (R)
(SHOWTIMES IN NEXT WEEK'S NEWSLETTER)
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

SKIPPY2016.JPG

Happy 4th of July, Avonians!!

Please note our holiday showtimes on Tuesday do not include a nighttime
show. We are only open in the afternoon for matinees so our staff (and YOU!)
can enjoy fireworks and festivities!
(I hope it doesn't RAIN!!)

The Avon Theater has been YOUR locally owned, family-operated 'hometown
theater' for OVER 100 Years!!
NOW IN OUR 19th YEAR!! Who woulda thunk it?
This weekend, I'm looking for ALL of you and, especially...YOU!!
cid:image008.jpg at 01D1C668.61DC48E0- Skip Huston