[Avon-theatre-news] AVON THEATER NEWS---JUNE 23rd, 2017

AVON THEATER 3 Skip at theAvon.com
Wed Jun 21 18:15:57 EDT 2017

STARTS THURSDAY, JUNE 22nd!!
SECRET PREMIERE THURS, JUNE 22nd 7:15 PM
ALL PREMIERE SEATS ONLY $5.00!!
THE EPIC SAGA CONTINUES!!
TRANSFORMERS 5: The Last Knight (PG13)

TRANS5.JPG

cid:image001.jpg at 01D1C668.61DC48E0

WEEK OF FRIDAY, JUNE 23rd thru THURSDAY, JUNE 29th ONLY!!
Check out our website at: www.TheAvon.com

Trouble Seeing the Pictures in the Newsletter??
Make sure your email browser is set to "html", not "text only".
  <https://www.facebook.com/TheAvonTheatre>
cid:image002.jpg at 01D1C668.61DC48E0
CLICK ABOVE TO GO TO OUR FUN FACEBOOK PAGE!!
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
OUR "QUICK LOOK" SHOWTIMES
TRANSFORMERtimes.PNG

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
PREMIERES THURSDAY, JUNE 22nd at 7:15 PM!!
TRANS5.JPG

TRANSFORMERS 5: The Last Knight (PG13)
The Transformers leap into action once more in this sequel from Paramount
Pictures and director Michael Bay.

TRANSFORMERS 5: The Last Knight (PG13)
PREMIERES THURS, JUNE 22nd at 7:15 PM!
ALL THURSDAY PREMIERE SEATS ONLY $5.00!
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

AN AVON DISCOVERY!!  You Will LOVE This One!
HENRY.JPG

THE BOOK OF HENRY (PG13)
Sometimes things are not always what they seem, especially in the small
suburban town where the Carpenter family lives. Single suburban mother Susan
Carpenter (Naomi Watts) works as a waitress at a diner, alongside feisty
family friend Sheila (Sarah Silverman). Her younger son Peter (Jacob
Tremblay) is a playful 8-year-old. Taking care of everyone and everything in
his own unique way is Susan's older son Henry (Jaeden Lieberher), age 11.
Protector to his adoring younger brother and tireless supporter of his often
self-doubting mother - and, through investments, of the family as a whole -
Henry blazes through the days like a comet. Susan discovers that the family
next door, which includes Henry's kind classmate, may be keeping a deep,
dark secret.

THE BOOK OF HENRY (PG13)
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
ALL SHOWS FRI, SAT & SUN ONLY $5.00!!
FAMILY WEEKEND SPECIAL!!
CARS3.JPG

CARS 3 (G)
Blindsided by a new generation of blazing-fast racers, the legendary
Lightning McQueen (voice of Owen Wilson) is suddenly pushed out of the sport
he loves. To get back in the game, he will need the help of an eager young
race technician, Cruz Ramirez (voice of Cristela Alonzo), with her own plan
to win, plus inspiration from the late Fabulous Hudson Hornet and a few
unexpected turns. Proving that #95 isn't through yet will test the heart of
a champion on Piston Cup Racing's biggest stage!

Critics Consensus: Cars 3 has an unexpectedly poignant story to go with its
dazzling animation, suggesting Pixar's most middle-of-the-road franchise may
have a surprising amount of tread left.

CARS 3 (G)

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

STARTS FRIDAY, JUNE 30th!!
AN AVON DISCOVERY!!
PERFECT FOR THE AVON CROWD!!
paris_can_wait.JPG

PARIS CAN WAIT (PG)
When her director husband is occupied with work in Paris, an American woman
takes a jaunt with his business associate, a charming Gallic rogue who is
happy to squire her on a tour of some of the finest meals in Provence. The
first feature directed by Eleanor Coppola, wife of Francis and director of
the "Apocalypse Now" documentary "Hearts of Darkness".

PARIS CAN WAIT (PG)
(Showtimes in Next Week's Newsletter)
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

SKIPPY2016.JPG

So, after weeks and weeks of filling this space with our film class info, I
am back to rant, rave & ramble!
Classes started last Thursday, and they are off to a great start.

I want to talk to you all about what is going to be a rather different Avon
summer this year.
We are really not very pleased with the summer blockbusters for 2017.
In fact, we are so displeased, we have decided to NOT play many of them and
play more of those "Avon movies"  you all know and love.
It seems every summer for the past many years, you have felt abandoned by
us.
You see us playing all this "mall fodder", and you wonder what happened to
those "Avon movies"!!
WELL.this summer you will see more of those indy and art films than any
summer in recent memory!
This week we have Naomi Watts in THE BOOK OF HENRY, truly a very different,
and pretty wonderful story.
Next week, we have Diane Lane and Alec Baldwin in the utterly charming (and
PG rated!) PARIS CAN WAIT.
The week after, we have Sam Elliott in THE HERO!
Soon, is Nicole Kidman in the new version of the Civil War story THE
BEGUILED.
And, that's just in the next few weeks!

Sure, you'll see some of the summer blockbusters playing here too.
BUT, you'll also see a lot more "Avon movies"!!

PLEASE SUPPORT THEM!!!

The Avon Theater has been YOUR locally owned, family-operated 'hometown
theater' for OVER 100 Years!!
NOW IN OUR 19th YEAR!! Who woulda thunk it?
This weekend, I'm looking for ALL of you and, especially...YOU!!
cid:image008.jpg at 01D1C668.61DC48E0- Skip Huston
COMING SOON!!
HERO.PNGBEGUILED.JPG