[Avon-theatre-news] AVON THEATER NEWS---JULY 7TH, 2017

AVON THEATER 3 Skip at theAvon.com
Wed Jul 5 19:04:50 EDT 2017

cid:image001.jpg at 01D1C668.61DC48E0

WEEK OF FRIDAY, JULY 7TH thru THURSDAY, JULY 13TH ONLY!!
Check out our website at: www.TheAvon.com

Trouble Seeing the Pictures in the Newsletter??
Make sure your email browser is set to "html", not "text only".
  <https://www.facebook.com/TheAvonTheatre>
cid:image002.jpg at 01D1C668.61DC48E0
CLICK ABOVE TO GO TO OUR FUN FACEBOOK PAGE!!
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
OUR "QUICK LOOK" SHOWTIMES

HEROTI,MES.PNG
++++++++++++++++++++++
STARTS JULY 7th!! You Will LOVE This One!
HERO.PNG

THE HERO (R)
Lee Hayden (Sam Elliott) is an aging Western icon with a golden voice, but
his best performances are decades behind him. He spends his days reliving
old glories and smoking too much weed with his former-co-star-turned-dealer,
Jeremy (Nick Offerman), until a surprise cancer diagnosis brings his
priorities into sharp focus. He soon strikes up an exciting, contentious
relationship with stand-up comic Charlotte (Laura Prepon), and he attempts
to reconnect with his estranged daughter, Lucy (Krysten Ritter), all while
searching for one final role to cement his legacy.

Critics Consensus: The Hero rests on Sam Elliott's understated performance,
which proves more than capable of carrying the film..

THE HERO (R)
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
IT'S BACK FOR ONE WEEK ONLY!!
ALL SHOWS ARE ONLY $5.00!!
The BIGGEST Movie of the Summer!!
WONDER.JPG

WONDER WOMAN (PG13)
The movie that thrilled millions this summer is BACK for one more week
ONLY!!
BUT, we're gonna make it even more special because ALL SEATS FOR ALL SHOWS
ONLY $5.00!!

WONDER WOMAN (PG13)
MON, TUES, WED: 6:30
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

$5.00 FAMILY SPECIAL!!
ALL SHOWS ONLY $5.00!!
This is the last week for CARS 3, so bring a bunch to see it for only $5.00
each!!
CARS3.JPG

CARS 3 (G)
Blindsided by a new generation of blazing-fast racers, the legendary
Lightning McQueen (voice of Owen Wilson) is suddenly pushed out of the sport
he loves. To get back in the game, he will need the help of an eager young
race technician, Cruz Ramirez (voice of Cristela Alonzo), with her own plan
to win, plus inspiration from the late Fabulous Hudson Hornet and a few
unexpected turns. Proving that #95 isn't through yet will test the heart of
a champion on Piston Cup Racing's biggest stage!

Critics Consensus: Cars 3 has an unexpectedly poignant story to go with its
dazzling animation, suggesting Pixar's most middle-of-the-road franchise may
have a surprising amount of tread left.

CARS 3 (G)

MON, TUES, WED: 6:30
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
SPECIAL PREMIERE, Thursday, July 13th at 7:00 PM
IN 2D Standard or FREE 3D!! YOUR Choice!!
APES.JPG

WAR FOR THE PLANET OF THE APES (PG13)
In War for the Planet of the Apes, the third chapter of the critically
acclaimed blockbuster franchise, Caesar and his apes are forced into a
deadly conflict with an army of humans led by a ruthless Colonel. After the
apes suffer unimaginable losses, Caesar wrestles with his darker instincts
and begins his own mythic quest to avenge his kind. As the journey finally
brings them face to face, Caesar and the Colonel are pitted against each
other in an epic battle that will determine the fate of both their species
and the future of the planet.

Critics Consensus: War for the Planet of the Apes combines breathtaking
special effects and a powerful, poignant narrative to conclude this rebooted
trilogy on a powerful -- and truly blockbuster -- note

WAR FOR THE PLANET OF THE APES (PG13)
PREMIERES THURS, JULY 13th at 7:00 PM
ALL PREMIERE SEATS $5.00
IN 2D (standard) or FREE 3D---YOUR Choice!!
(REGULAR SHOWTIMES IN NEXT WEEK'S NEWSLETTER)

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
STARTS FRIDAY, JULY 14th!!
Nicole Kidman - Kirsten Dunst - Colin Ferrell

THE BEGUILED (R)
BEGUILED.JPG

THE BEGUILED (R)
"The Beguiled" is an atmospheric thriller from acclaimed writer/director
Sofia Coppola. The story unfolds during the Civil War, at a Southern girls'
boarding school. Its sheltered young women take in an injured enemy soldier.
As they provide refuge and tend to his wounds, the house is taken over with
sexual tension and dangerous rivalries, and taboos are broken in an
unexpected turn of events.

Critics Consensus: The Beguiled adds just enough extra depth to its source
material to set itself apart, and director Sofia Coppola's restrained touch
is enlivened by strong performances from the cast.
(REGULAR SHOWTIMES IN NEXT WEEK'S NEWSLETTER)
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

SKIPPY2016.JPG

Well, I hope everyone had a great 4th of July!!
Every time I would get a little annoyed with the bangs and booms outside the
house, I would stop and remember why we celebrate this day, and, all of a
sudden, the bangs and booms were a welcome sound!
=====================
As we get into the middle of the summer movie season, please keep in mind we
only have 3 screens, and we sometimes have to skip a movie because we are
looking at the big programming scheme further down the road.

Since we are a "first run" theater, that means we can't bring in a major
movie for a few days, or even only a week.
The very minimum we have to hold a major film is 2 weeks. Once we have
committed to the studio, it's a lock.
Now, some of the art & indy films (commonly called "Avon movies") we can
bring in for just a week, which is another reason to not dilly dally when
there is a smaller film playing that you want to see! You could wait a week,
thinking it will still be there, and it will be gone!

Yes, it was MUCH harder when all we had was ONE screen before 2004, but
sometimes having just 3 screens can be really frustrating!
End of rant (for now).

The Avon Theater has been YOUR locally owned, family-operated 'hometown
theater' for OVER 100 Years!!
NOW IN OUR 19th YEAR!! Who woulda thunk it?
This weekend, I'm looking for ALL of you and, especially...YOU!!
cid:image008.jpg at 01D1C668.61DC48E0- Skip Huston