[Avon-theatre-news] AVON THEATER NEWS---FEB. 17th, 2017

AVON THEATER 3 Skip at theAvon.com
Wed Feb 15 17:55:57 EST 2017

cid:image001.jpg at 01D1C668.61DC48E0

WEEK OF FRIDAY, FEB. 17th thru THURSDAY, FEB. 23rd ONLY!!
Check out our website at: www.TheAvon.com

Trouble Seeing the Pictures in the Newsletter??
Make sure your email browser is set to "html", not "text only".
  <https://www.facebook.com/TheAvonTheatre>
cid:image002.jpg at 01D1C668.61DC48E0
CLICK ABOVE TO GO TO OUR FUN FACEBOOK PAGE!!
++++++++++++++++++++++++++
OUR "QUICK LOOK" SHOWTIME PANEL
FEB17TIMES.bmp
#1 MOVIE IN THE NATION!!
LEGOBATMAN.JPG
THE LEGO BATMAN MOVIE (PG)  104 Wonderful Family Minutes
In the irreverent spirit of fun that made "The LEGO (R) Movie" a worldwide
phenomenon, the self-described leading man of that ensemble - LEGO Batman -
stars in his own big-screen adventure: "The LEGO (R) Batman Movie." But
there are big changes brewing in Gotham, and if he wants to save the city
from The Joker's hostile takeover, Batman may have to drop the lone
vigilante thing, try to work with others and maybe, just maybe, learn to
lighten up.

Critics Consensus: The Lego Batman Movie continues its block-buster
franchise's winning streak with another round of dizzyingly funny -- and
beautifully animated -- family-friendly mayhem.

THE LEGO BATMAN MOVIE (PG)
MON, TUES & WED: 6:30 (NO THURS SHOWING)
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
2nd BIG WEEK!!
DARKER.PNG
FIFTY SHADES DARKER (R) 1 hr 58 Steamy Minutes
Daunted by the singular tastes and dark secrets of the handsome, tormented
young entrepreneur Christian Grey, Anastasia Steele has broken off their
relationship to start a new career with a Seattle Independent Publishing
House (SIP); but desire for Christian still dominates her every waking
thought, and when he proposes a new arrangement, Anastasia cannot resist.
They rekindle their searing sexual affair, and Anastasia learns more about
the harrowing past of her damaged, driven and demanding Fifty Shades.

FIFTY SHADES DARKER (R)
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

MATT DAMON EPIC ADVENTURE!!
GREATWALL.JPG
THE GREAT WALL (PG13) 1 hr 44
Starring global superstar Matt Damon and directed by one of the most
breathtaking visual stylists of our time, Zhang Yimou (Hero, House of Flying
Daggers), Legendary's The Great Wall tells the story of an elite force
making a valiant stand for humanity on the world's most iconic structure.
The first English-language production for Yimou is the largest film ever
shot entirely in China. The Great Wall also stars Jing Tian, Pedro Pascal,
Willem Dafoe and Andy Lau.

THE GREAT WALL (PG13)
FRI: (*5:00 3D) - 8:00
SAT: (2:00) - (*5:00 3D) - 8:00
SUN: (2:00) - (*5:00 3D)
MON thru THURS: 7:15
*NO EXTRA 3D CHARGES!!
++++++++++++++++++++

Skip pic.JPG
My wife, Susan, and I had the scare of our life this week when our daughter,
Melissa, was rushed to the hospital a few days ago with what appeared to be
a stroke!
She's only 36, and with a husband and two little girls that just adore her
(as does her Mom and Pop).
It was touch and go for 12 hours. Melissa couldn't even talk!
Then, it was finally diagnosed that this was all part of a massive sinus
infection!
She is fine now, and will be released from the hospital in a day or so.

My wife and I got the news she would be ok on Feb. 14th.Talk about the best
Valentine's Day present anyone could hope for!
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

One of the more bittersweet things about operating a long-term local
business, is we not only get to see many of our loyal customers move away,
or pass on, but we have to see our staffers move on to life-long careers.
Such is the case with our 5 year veteran, Bridget Spitzer, who, after much
notice, has now moved on to the next phase of her veterinarian schooling.
She was as sorry to leave as we were to see her go. We'll miss her. And all
of you will too.
Bon Voyage, Bridget!
Thanks for 5 wonderful years of Avon service!!
All those sick animals are getting a good doctor!

The Avon Theater has been YOUR locally & AMERICAN owned, family-operated
'hometown theater' for 100 Years THIS YEAR!!
This weekend, I'm looking for ALL of you and, especially...YOU!!
cid:image008.jpg at 01D1C668.61DC48E0- Skip Huston