[Avon-theatre-news] AVON THEATER NEWS---FEB. 10th, 2017

AVON THEATER 3 Skip at theAvon.com
Wed Feb 8 16:53:27 EST 2017

cid:image001.jpg at 01D1C668.61DC48E0

WEEK OF FRIDAY, FEB. 10th thru THURSDAY, FEB. 16th ONLY!!
Check out our website at: www.TheAvon.com

Trouble Seeing the Pictures in the Newsletter??
Make sure your email browser is set to "html", not "text only".
  <https://www.facebook.com/TheAvonTheatre>
cid:image002.jpg at 01D1C668.61DC48E0
CLICK ABOVE TO GO TO OUR FUN FACEBOOK PAGE!!
++++++++++++++++++++++++++
OUR "QUICK LOOK" SHOWTIME PANEL
LEGOBATMANTIMES.PNG
LEGOBATMAN.JPG
THE LEGO BATMAN MOVIE (PG)  104 Wonderful Family Minutes
In the irreverent spirit of fun that made "The LEGO (R) Movie" a worldwide
phenomenon, the self-described leading man of that ensemble - LEGO Batman -
stars in his own big-screen adventure: "The LEGO (R) Batman Movie." But
there are big changes brewing in Gotham, and if he wants to save the city
from The Joker's hostile takeover, Batman may have to drop the lone
vigilante thing, try to work with others and maybe, just maybe, learn to
lighten up.

Critics Consensus: The Lego Batman Movie continues its block-buster
franchise's winning streak with another round of dizzyingly funny -- and
beautifully animated -- family-friendly mayhem.

THE LEGO BATMAN MOVIE (PG)
FRI: (4:00) -(*5:00 3D) - 7:00
SAT & SUN: (1:00) - (4:00) -(*5:00 3D) - 7:00
MON, TUES & WED: 6:30
*NO EXTRA 3D CHARGES!!
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
IN TIME FOR VALENTINE!!
DARKER.PNG
FIFTY SHADES DARKER (R) 1 hr 58 Steamy Minutes
Daunted by the singular tastes and dark secrets of the handsome, tormented
young entrepreneur Christian Grey, Anastasia Steele has broken off their
relationship to start a new career with a Seattle Independent Publishing
House (SIP); but desire for Christian still dominates her every waking
thought, and when he proposes a new arrangement, Anastasia cannot resist.
They rekindle their searing sexual affair, and Anastasia learns more about
the harrowing past of her damaged, driven and demanding Fifty Shades.

FIFTY SHADES DARKER (R)
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

1 OSCAR NOMINATIONS
"Best Supporting Actor-Michael Shannon"
NOCTURNAL.JPG
NOCTURNAL ANIMALS (R) 1 hr 56 Mind-Boggling Minutes
Winner of the Grand Jury Prize at the 2016 Venice International Film
Festival. From writer/director Tom Ford comes a haunting romantic thriller
of shocking intimacy and gripping tension that explores the thin lines
between love and cruelty, and revenge and redemption. Academy Award nominees
Amy Adams and Jake Gyllenhaal star as a divorced couple discovering dark
truths about each other and themselves in NOCTURNAL ANIMALS.
Critics Consensus: Well-acted and lovely to look at, Nocturnal Animals
further underscores writer-director Tom Ford's distinctive visual and
narrative skill.
*SEE NOTE FROM SKIP BELOW!

NOCTURNAL ANIMALS (R)
ONE-WEEK-ONLY!!
FRI: 8:00
SAT & SUN: (2:00) - 8:00
MON, TUES, WED: 7:15
++++++++++++++++++++

Skip pic.JPG

Folks, we are presenting NOCTURNAL ANIMALS on a limited, one-week-only
schedule this coming week, and I wanted to mention a few things about this
movie.
Firstly, it is NOT for everyone! It has an intense and gripping quality that
may be too much for many people.
Secondly, it IS a hard-R, not necessarily for nudity and sexuality, but for
"adult" sensibilities.

What it IS is a dazzling jigsaw that you will end up thinking about, and
talking about (and even arguing about) for days afterward.

Amy Adams probably aced herself out of an Oscar nomination by splitting the
vote on two great performances this year. Her work in this is astounding,
but her work in "Arrival" was just as remarkable in a completely different
way.

Cult favorite actor Michael Shannon was nominated for Best Supporting Actor,
and it is very deserved.

The movie is beautiful to look at. Very well done. Settings just as opulent
or as dirt-bag as can be.
The cast is astounding, with many famous performers in cameos or small
supporting roles.
BUT.
It's NOT an easy watch.

Is it worth seeing? Absolutely!

But, keep in mind those caveats I mentioned.

Many of you may think I made too big a deal about these warnings, but I
think just as many will be grateful I urged you to steel yourself.

The Avon Theater has been YOUR locally & AMERICAN owned, family-operated
'hometown theater' for 100 Years THIS YEAR!!
This weekend, I'm looking for ALL of you and, especially...YOU!!
cid:image008.jpg at 01D1C668.61DC48E0- Skip Huston