[Avon-theatre-news] Avon Theater News SEPT. 1st, 2017

AVON THEATER 3 Skip at theAvon.com
Thu Aug 31 16:49:13 EDT 2017

cid:image001.jpg at 01D1C668.61DC48E0

WEEK OF FRIDAY, SEPT. 1st thru THURSDAY, SEPT. 7th ONLY!!
Check out our website at: www.TheAvon.com

Trouble Seeing the Pictures in the Newsletter??
Make sure your email browser is set to "html", not "text only".
  <https://www.facebook.com/TheAvonTheatre>
cid:image002.jpg at 01D1C668.61DC48E0
CLICK ABOVE TO GO TO OUR VITAL FACEBOOK PAGE!!
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
OUR "QUICK LOOK" SHOWTIMES

ITtimes.PNG
++++++++++++++++++++++
SPOOKY SPECIAL!!
ONE LAST WEEK OF ALL ANNABELLE SHOWS ONLY $5.00!
A HIGHLY-ACCLAIMED SPOOKY ONE!!
ANNAposter.JPG

ANNABELLE: CREATION (R)
A couple still grieving the death of their daughter take in children from a
local orphanage, but the family are soon terrorized by a demented doll known
as Annabelle. Anthony LaPaglia, Miranda Otto, Stephanie Sigman, Talitha
Bateman, and Lulu Wilson star in this horror sequel from director David F.
Sandberg (Lights Out).

Critics Consensus: Annabelle: Creation adds another strong chapter to the
Conjuring franchise - and offers further proof that freaky-looking dolls
remain reliably terrifying.

ANNABELLE: CREATION (R)
++++++++++++++++++++++++

HILARIOUS NEW CAPER COMEDY!!
logan_lucky.JPG
LOGAN LUCKY (PG13)
Trying to reverse a family curse, brothers Jimmy (Channing Tatum) and Clyde
Logan (Adam Driver) set out to execute an elaborate robbery during the
legendary Coca-Cola 600 race at the Charlotte Motor Speedway.

Critics Consensus: High-octane fun that's smartly assembled without putting
on airs, Logan Lucky marks a welcome end to Steven Soderbergh's retirement
-- and proves he hasn't lost his ability to entertain.

LOGAN LUCKY (PG13)
++++++++++++++++++++++++
HELD OVER AGAIN!!!
POSITIVELY ENDS VERY SOON!!
We know you ALL absolutely LOVE this movie, but we've held it now FOUR
times!
Don't take the chance of missing it!
HIGHLY ACCLAIMED TRUE STORY OF CANADIAN FOLK ARTIST MAUD LEWIS
MAUDIE.JPG

MAUDIE (PG13)
MAUDIE, based on a true story, is an unlikely romance in which the reclusive
Everett Lewis (Ethan Hawke) hires a fragile yet determined woman named
Maudie (Sally Hawkins) to be his housekeeper. Maudie, bright-eyed but
hunched with crippled hands, yearns to be independent, to live away from her
protective family and she also yearns, passionately, to create art.
Unexpectedly, Everett finds himself falling in love. MAUDIE charts Everett's
efforts to protect himself from being hurt, Maudie's deep and abiding love
for this difficult man and her surprising rise to fame as a folk painter.

Critics Consensus: Maudie's talented cast -- particularly Sally Hawkins in
the title role - breathe... depth into a story of a fascinating life and
talent.

MAUDIE (PG13)
FRI: 7:00
SAT: (1:00) - 7:00
SUN: (1:00)
MON thru THURS: 6:30
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
RICHARD GERE IN A CRITICALLY ACCLAIMED FILM!!
LIMITED ENGAGEMENT!!
NORMAN.JPG

NORMAN-The Moderate Rise and Tragic Fall of a New York Fixer (R)
Persistent wheeler-dealer Norman (Richard Gere) falls in with an Israeli
politician (Lior Ashkenazi) on the rise. When the politician is elected
prime minister, Norman rises in esteem with the New York Jewish community,
even though his social connections might only be a sham.

Critics Consensus: Norman's elegantly told story is brought brilliantly to
life by a quietly powerful performance from Richard Gere.

NORMAN - The Moderate Rise and Tragic Fall of a New York Fixer (R)
FRI, SAT & SUN: (4:00)
++++++++++++++++++++++++

SKIPPY2016.JPG

HAPPY LABOR DAY, FOLKS!!

Yes, we held MAUDIE again!! With the news media talking about what a crummy
summer its been (AMC Theater's stock down a whopping 45%!!) we decided
rather than play movies that few like, why not stick with some that EVERYONE
liked? In the case of MAUDIE?? Take a chance, and be glad you did! There has
not been ONE SOLITARY PERSON who has not raved about this one!
The acclaimed RICHARD GERE film NORMAN, is one we've had our eye on for a
few months now. We're giving it a "limited engagement" (the same thing we
did with MAUDIE when it first started) and we'll see what happens.

IF your taste runs to the spooky, ANNABELLE-CREATION is still at an ALL
SHOWS $5.00 special until Wednesday.

And LOGAN LUCKY?? Here is a movie that really needs to find its audience.
Some find it really good, and some are not so sure about this "hillbilly
heist" movie with a great cast and award-winning director.
I will tell you this: LOGAN LUCKY is WAY better than most of the other junk
playing out there!!
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Here is news about our newest Fall Film Class!!
STARTS: Thursday, Sept. 14th at 6:30
8 Weeks of: HOLLYWOOD'S GREATEST LEADING MEN-Vol 1
Those featured will be not only from the classic era of Hollywood, but some
current ones as well.
Classes will end on Thursday, Nov. 3rd. 8 weeks of Thursday night screenings
and discussions!
Cost is $80
This is the 18th year of the Avon Film Classes!!
We'll be shooting you more info in this newsletter over the next few weeks,
you can be sure!
PLEASE PAY AT OUR BOXOFFICE!! DO NOT MAIL!!

The Avon Theater has been YOUR locally owned, family-operated 'hometown
theater' for OVER 100 Years!!
NOW IN OUR 19th YEAR!!
cid:image008.jpg at 01D1C668.61DC48E0- Skip Huston