[Avon-theatre-news] AVON THEATER NEWS---April 21st, 2017

AVON THEATER 3 Skip at theAvon.com
Wed Apr 19 17:16:39 EDT 2017

THURS, APRIL 20TH!!
SPECIAL PREMIERE!!
See It At 7:00 PM!!
ALL PREMIERE SEATS ONLY $5.00!!
GIFT1.bmp
cid:image001.jpg at 01D1C668.61DC48E0

WEEK OF FRIDAY, APRIL 21st thru THURSDAY, APRIL 27th ONLY!!
Check out our website at: www.TheAvon.com
NOTE: PLEASE PAY CAREFUL ATTENTION TO THE
ABOVE EFFECTIVE DATES FOR THIS NEWSLETTER!!

Trouble Seeing the Pictures in the Newsletter??
Make sure your email browser is set to "html", not "text only".
  <https://www.facebook.com/TheAvonTheatre>
cid:image002.jpg at 01D1C668.61DC48E0
CLICK ABOVE TO GO TO OUR FUN FACEBOOK PAGE!!
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
OUR "QUICK LOOK SHOWTIME PANEL
GIFTTIMES.PNG
SPECIAL PREMIERE!!
THURS, APRIL 20th at 7:00 PM!!!
ALL PREMIERE SEATS ONLY $5.00!!

GIFT2.JPG

GIFTED (PG13)
Frank Adler (Chris Evans) is a single man raising a child prodigy - his
spirited young niece Mary (Mckenna Grace) - in a coastal town in Florida.
Frank's plans for a normal school life for Mary are foiled when the
seven-year-old's mathematical abilities come to the attention of Frank's
formidable mother Evelyn (Lindsay Duncan) whose plans for her granddaughter
threaten to separate Frank and Mary. Octavia Spencer plays Roberta, Frank
and Mary's landlady and best friend. Jenny Slate is Mary's teacher, Bonnie,
a young woman whose concern for her student develops into a connection with
her uncle as well.

Critics Consensus: Gifted isn't quite as bright as its pint-sized
protagonist, but a charming cast wrings respectably engaging drama

GIFTED (PG13)

FRI: (4:00) - 7:00
SAT: (1:00) - (4:00) - 7:00
SUN: (1:00) - (4:00)
MON thru THURS: 6:30
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
A STUNNING AND INSPIRATIONAL TRUE WWII EPIC!!

ZOO.JPG
THE ZOOKEEPER'S WIFE (PG13)
The real-life story of one working wife and mother who became a hero to
hundreds during World War II. In 1939 Poland, Antonina Żabińska (portrayed
by two-time Academy Award nominee Jessica Chastain) and her husband, Dr. Jan
Żabiński (Johan Heldenbergh of "The Broken Circle Breakdown"), have the
Warsaw Zoo flourishing under his stewardship and her care. When their
country is invaded by the Germans, Jan and Antonina are stunned - and forced
to report to the Reich's newly appointed chief zoologist, Lutz Heck (Daniel
Brühl of "Captain America: Civil War"). To fight back on their own terms,
Antonina and Jan covertly begin working with the Resistance - and put into
action plans to save lives out of what has become the Warsaw Ghetto, with
Antonina putting herself and even her children at great risk.

THE ZOOKEEPER'S WIFE (PG13)
FRI: (5:00) - 8:00
SAT: (2:00) - (5:00) - 8:00
SUN: (2:00) - (5:00)
MON thru THURS: 7:15
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
EVERYONE LOVES THIS ONE!!
GOING.JPG
GOING IN STYLE (PG13)
Oscar winners Morgan Freeman ("Million Dollar Baby"), Michael Caine ("The
Cider House Rules," "Hannah and Her Sisters") and Alan Arkin ("Little Miss
Sunshine") team up as lifelong buddies Willie, Joe and Al, who decide to
buck retirement and step off the straight-and-narrow for the first time in
their lives when their pension fund becomes a corporate casualty, in
director Zach Braff's comedy "Going in Style." Desperate to pay the bills
and come through for their loved ones, the three risk it all by embarking on
a daring bid to knock off the very bank that absconded with their money.

GOING IN STYLE (PG)
FRI: (4:00) - 7:00
SAT: (1:00) - (4:00) - 7:00
SUN: (1:00) - (4:00)
MON thru THURS: 6:30

STARTS FRIDAY, APRIL 28th!!
AN "AVON DISCOVERY!!"
ONE-WEEK-ONLY!!

KINGDOM1.bmp

A UNITED KINGDOM (PG13)
A UNITED KINGDOM is based on extraordinary true events. In 1947, Seretse
Khama, the King of Botswana, met Ruth Williams, a London office worker. They
were a perfect match, yet their proposed marriage was challenged not only by
their families but by the British and South African governments. The latter
had recently introduced the policy of apartheid and found the notion of a
biracial couple ruling a neighboring country intolerable. South Africa
threatened the British: either thwart the couple or be denied access to
South African uranium and gold and face the risk of South Africa invading
Botswana.

Critics Consensus: Well-acted, solidly crafted, and all-around worthy, A
United Kingdom presents an absorbing look at a singular true-life love
story.

A UNITED KINGDOM (PG13)
(Showtimes Announced in Next Newsletter)

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Skip pic.JPG
RANTS, RAVES & RAMBLINGS FROM THE HEAD HONCHO

It's that time of year when its wise to support and enjoy these last few
weeks of "Avon Movies", like THE ZOOKEEPER'S WIFE, GIFTED & A UNITED
KINGDOM, because very soon we will be in the Summer movie season, and you
know what that means!
That's right: Superheroes, sequels, remakes and various other blockbusters.
Don't turn your nose up at them, because it is the summer movies that enable
us to bring those great "Avon movies" in the Fall and Winter!
And, if you watch carefully, we will continue to slip an "Avon movie" in
when we can all summer long.
We always remember where our roots are!
We are starting our 19th year (!!!), and, for the first 5 years of that we
were a bona fide "Art Theater".
(Sometimes my art house sensibilities get the best of me in evaluating the
mainstream "mall movies"---I don't mean to be a film snob, but.)

The Avon Theater has been YOUR locally owned, family-operated 'hometown
theater' for OVER 100 Years!!
This weekend, I'm looking for ALL of you and, especially...YOU!!
cid:image008.jpg at 01D1C668.61DC48E0- Skip Huston