[Avon-theatre-news] AVON THEATER NEWS---NOV. 25th, 2016

AVON THEATER 3 Skip at theAvon.com
Wed Nov 23 17:21:20 EST 2016

cid:image001.jpg at 01D1C668.61DC48E0

WEEK OF FRIDAY, NOV. 25th thru THURSDAY, DEC. 1st ONLY!!
Check out our website at: www.TheAvon.com

Trouble Seeing the Pictures in the Newsletter??
Make sure your email browser is set to "html", not "text only".
  <https://www.facebook.com/TheAvonTheatre>
cid:image002.jpg at 01D1C668.61DC48E0
CLICK ABOVE TO GO TO OUR FUN FACEBOOK PAGE!!

+++++++++++++++++
OUR "QUICK LOOK" SHOWTIME GUIDE!!
HERE ARE SHOWTIMES FOR TONIGHT & THANKSGIVING DAY!
QUICK.bmp
Fri, Nov. 25th thru Thurs, Dec. 1st ONLY!!
MOOVEETURKEE.bmp
++++++++++++++++++++
GET READY FOR SHEER FAMILY JOY!!
moana_ver4.jpg
MOANA (PG)  103 Family Fun Minutes
Three thousand years ago, the greatest sailors in the world voyaged across
the vast Pacific, discovering the many islands of Oceania. But then, for a
millennium, their voyages stopped - and no one knows exactly why. From Walt
Disney Animation Studios comes "Moana," a sweeping, CG-animated feature film
about an adventurous teenager who sails out on a daring mission to save her
people. During her journey, Moana (voice of Auli'i Cravalho) meets the
mighty demigod Maui (voice of Dwayne Johnson), who guides her in her quest
to become a master wayfinder. Together, they sail across the open ocean on
an action-packed voyage, encountering enormous monsters and impossible odds,
and along the way, Moana fulfills the ancient quest of her ancestors and
discovers the one thing she's always sought: her own identity. Directed by
the renowned filmmaking team of Ron Clements and John Musker ("The Little
Mermaid," "Aladdin," "The Princess & the Frog"), produced by Osnat Shurer
("Lifted," "One Man Band"), and featuring music by Lin-Manuel Miranda, Mark
Mancina and Opetaia Foa'i, "Moana" sails into U.S. theaters on Nov. 23,
2016.
MOANA (PG)
FRI, SAT & SUN: (1:00) - (*5:00 3D) - 7:00
MON thru THURS: 6:30

*NO EXTRA 3D CHARGES!!
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++
BRAD PITT IN OLD-SCHOOL WWII ACTION/ROMANCE!!
ALLIED.jpg
ALLIED (R)  121 Gripping Minutes
The story of intelligence officer Max Vatan, who in 1942 North Africa
encounters French Resistance fighter Marianne Beausejour on a deadly mission
behind enemy lines. Reunited in London, their relationship is threatened by
the extreme pressures of the war.
Critics Consensus: Allied has its moments. made more profound by the
dazzling talent assembled on either side of the camera.
ALLIED (R)
FRI, SAT & SUN: (2:00) - (4:00) - 8:00
MON thru THURS: 7:15
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
#1 MOVIE IN THE WORLD!!
BEASTS1.jpg
FANTASTIC BEASTS and where to find them (PG13)  2 hr 12 min
The magic of Harry Potter lives on in this Warner Bros. spin-off penned by
{J.K. Rowling}, and intended as the first chapter in a whole new fantasy
film franchise.

Critics Consensus: Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them draws on Harry
Potter's rich mythology to deliver a spinoff that dazzles with
franchise-building magic all its own.

FANTASTIC BEASTS and where to find them (PG13)
FRI, SAT & SUN: (2:00) - (5:00) - 8:00
MON thru THURS: 7:15

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Skip pic.JPG
So, on Monday, Nov. 28th, The Avon Theatre is 100 years old!

When we first re-opened the theater in 1999, we only thought we'd see it to
100 years old in our wildest dreams!
Indeed, many locals gave us "6 months, tops" before we'd close it back down.
But, the old Avon wanted to live again.
Our stewardship of this wonderful place starts its 19th year in April!
The Twins annex was 12 years old last October!
I've watched my granddaughters, and many of our staff literally grow up at
the Avon.
I was in my late 40's when I took on this "fool hearty project", and now I
am 66.

Who can be praised for this old theater becoming so vital to our city again?
I think most would point their finger at me.
BUT, IT'S REALLY ALL OF YOU!!
It's the good people of Decatur, and my family, and my loyal and long-time
staff members.
And all those wonderful patrons over the years.
Some of them passed on, and some of them still coming since day one!
I am so grateful to all of you.
HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!
++++++++++++++++++++++
As I explained last week, the party we had envisioned is logistically
impossible to do in the manner I see fit.
So, starting on Monday, Nov. 28th, we will launch a series of special 100th
Anniversary sales on our movie passes!
We are also planning a special Christmas movie event, if we can secure a
date for it.
December is filling up with school parties, and corporate parties, and BIG
movies!
We'll announce the sales on our FaceBook page, and right here in our
newsletter, for those of you who don't do FaceBook.
Thanks, folks!
The Avon Theater has been YOUR locally owned & family-operated 'hometown
theater' for 100 Years THIS YEAR!!
This Thanksgiving weekend, I'm looking for ALL of you and,
especially...YOU!!
cid:image008.jpg at 01D1C668.61DC48E0- Skip Huston