[Avon-theatre-news] Avon Theater News--May 20th, 2016

AVON THEATER 3 Skip at theAvon.com
Wed May 18 14:30:36 EDT 2016

STARTS THURS, MAY 19th!!
"SECRET PREMIERE" at 7:15 PM
ALL PREMIERE SEATS ONLY $5.00!!
  NEIGHBORS.jpg

NEWSLETTERTOPPER.jpg

WEEK OF FRIDAY, MAY 20th thru THURSDAY, MAY 26th ONLY!!
Check out our website at: www.TheAvon.com

Trouble Seeing the Pictures in the Newsletter??
Make sure your email browser is set to "html", not "text only".
  <https://www.facebook.com/TheAvonTheatre> FBlogo1.jpg
CLICK ABOVE TO GO TO OUR FUN FACEBOOK PAGE!!

+++++++++++++++++++++
OUR "QUICK LOOK" SHOWTIME GUIDE!!
Fri, MAY 20th thru Thurs, MAY 26th ONLY!!
SHOWS!!MAY20.bmp
++++++++++++++++++++
STARTS THURS, MAY 19th!!
"SECRET PREMIERE" at 7:15 PM
ALL PREMIERE SEATS ONLY $5.00!!
MORE WILD & RAUNCHY FUN!!
NEIGHBORS.jpg
NEIGHBORS 2: SORORITY RISING (R)  1 hr 32 min
Mac (Seth Rogen) and Kelly (Rose Byrne) are ready to make the final move
into adulthood. But just as they thought they have reclaimed the
neighborhood, they learn that their new neighbors are even more out of
control than the last. To evict them, they will need help from their ex
neighbor (Zac Efron).
Neighbors 2: Sorority Rising. wrings a surprising amount of humor from a
recycled premise with a distaff twist.

NEIGHBORS 2: SORORITY RISING (R)
FRI: (5:00) - 8:00
SAT: (2:00)-(5:00)- 8:00
++++++++++++++++++++
BIGGEST MOVIE ON EARTH!!

CAPTAposter1AAA.jpg

CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR (PG13)  2 hr 26 min
Marvel's "Captain America: Civil War finds Steve Rogers leading the newly
formed team of Avengers in their continued efforts to safeguard humanity.
But after another incident involving the Avengers results in collateral
damage, political pressure mounts to install a system of accountability,
headed by a governing body to oversee and direct the team. The new status
quo fractures the Avengers, resulting in two camps-one led by Steve Rogers
and his desire for the Avengers to remain free to defend humanity without
government interference, and the other following Tony Stark's surprising
decision to support government oversight and accountability.

Critics Consensus: Captain America: Civil War begins the next wave of Marvel
movies with an action-packed superhero blockbuster boasting a decidedly
non-cartoonish plot and the courage to explore thought-provoking themes

CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR (PG13)
MON, TUES & WED: 6:30 (ENDS WEDNESDAY!!)
++++++++++++
NEW FROM TOM HANKS!!
HOLOGRAMquad.jpg
A HOLOGRAM FOR THE KING (R)  1 hr 38 min
Cultures collide when an American businessman (Tom Hanks) is sent to Saudi
Arabia to close what he hopes will be the deal of a lifetime. Baffled by
local customs and stymied by an opaque bureaucracy, he eventually finds his
footing with the help of a wise-cracking taxi driver (Alexander Black) and a
beautiful Saudi doctor (Sarita Choudhury).
 A Hologram for the King amiably ambles through a desert narrative, enhanced
by an oasis of a performance from the ever-dependable Tom Hanks.

A HOLOGRAM FOR THE KING (R)
FRI: (4:00) - 7:00
SAT: (1:00)-(4:00)- 7:00
SUN: (1:00) - (4:00)
MON, TUES & WED: 6:30 (ENDS WEDNESDAY!!)
++++++++++++++++++++
TWO "SECRET PREMIERES" ON THURS, MAY 26th at 7:00 PM!!
ALL PREMIERE SEATS ONLY $5.00!!!!!
XMENposter1.jpg  alice_through_the_looking_glass_ver8.jpg
Skip2.bmp
Almost time for the Avon's popular film classes to resume!!
This Summer marks the 16th year of our most popular screening and discussion
series: OVERLOOKED FILMS.

We'll give you 8 weeks from Thursday, June 16th to Thursday, Aug. 4th of
movies that flew "under the radar".
You may find your next favorite movie!!
(We never announce the selections beforehand because the choices are always
in flux according to what seems to appeal to any class group)

As always, the 8 week course is $80, and can be paid at our box office by
cash, check or credit card.

Class starts always at 6:30, and we give you plenty of notice if a
particularly long film will be presented.
Most of our selections will have you out by 9:00 PM.

Come join a whole lot of great folks with something in common with all of
you: They are FILM BUFFS!!
Flyers/enrollment forms should be available in our lobbies by Memorial Day
weekend, but you don't have to wait for that!
SIGN UP TODAY!!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
POPCORN-TO-GO!!
Did you know you can always pull up to the Avon and pick up just popcorn if
you want?
That's right!
Whenever we are open, just walk in and get some of the best popcorn in the
known universe!!
We not only don't mind, we find it a great compliment!
The Avon Theater has been YOUR locally owned & family-operated 'hometown
theater' for 100 Years THIS YEAR!!
This weekend, I'm looking for ALL of you and, especially...YOU!!
SkipTan.bmp- Skip Huston