[Avon-theatre-news] AVON THEATER NEWS--MAY 6th, 2016

AVON THEATER 3 Skip at theAvon.com
Wed May 4 16:19:12 EDT 2016

SECRET PREMIERE!!
THURS, MAY 5th at 7:00 PM!!
ALL PREMIERE SEATS ONLY $5.00
2D or 3D---YOUR Choice!
But, no extra 3D charges!!
CAPTAposter2.jpg

NEWSLETTERTOPPER.jpg

WEEK OF FRIDAY, MAY 6th thru THURSDAY, MAY 12th ONLY!!
Check out our website at: www.TheAvon.com

Trouble Seeing the Pictures in the Newsletter??
Make sure your email browser is set to "html", not "text only".
  <https://www.facebook.com/TheAvonTheatre> FBlogo1.jpg
CLICK ABOVE TO GO TO OUR FUN FACEBOOK PAGE!!
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
HELP WANTED!!
The Avon Theater is HIRING!!
Are you ready for a glamorous job in show-biz??
Qualifications:
* Must have own transportation
* Must be willing to work nights, weekends and all holidays
* Prefer a student, but will consider all ages
* If a student, we need one NOT leaving the area for college in the Fall
(High School, Richland, Millikin are OK!)
This is year-round employment, NOT only summer help!!
    APPLY IN-PERSON AT THE AVON THEATER ONLY!!
                           (NO PHONE CALLS OR EMAILS, PLEASE!)
See General Manager ASHLEY PETTY Tues thru Sat after 6PM

+++++++++++++++++++++
OUR "QUICK LOOK" SHOWTIME GUIDE!!
Fri, MAY 6th thru Thurs, MAY 12th ONLY!!
SHOWSMAY6thXXXX.png
++++++++++++++++++++
$5.00 SECRET PREMIERE!!

THURS, MAY 5th at 7:00 PM
CAPTAposter1AAA.jpg

CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR (PG13)  2 hr 26 min
Marvel's "Captain America: Civil War finds Steve Rogers leading the newly
formed team of Avengers in their continued efforts to safeguard humanity.
But after another incident involving the Avengers results in collateral
damage, political pressure mounts to install a system of accountability,
headed by a governing body to oversee and direct the team. The new status
quo fractures the Avengers, resulting in two camps-one led by Steve Rogers
and his desire for the Avengers to remain free to defend humanity without
government interference, and the other following Tony Stark's surprising
decision to support government oversight and accountability.

Critics Consensus: Captain America: Civil War begins the next wave of Marvel
movies with an action-packed superhero blockbuster boasting a decidedly
non-cartoonish plot and the courage to explore thought-provoking themes

CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR (PG13)
$5.00 SECRET PREMIERE!!
THURS, MAY 5th at 7:00 PM
2D or 3D---YOUR CHOICE!!
ALL PREMIERE SEATS ONLY $5.00!!
NO EXTRA 3D CHARGES EITHER!!
FRI: (*3:45 3D) - (4:45) - (*7:00 3D) - 8:00
SAT & SUN: (*12:30 3D) - (1:30) - (*3:45 3D) - (4:45) - (*7:00 3D) - 8:00
MON thru THURS: 6:30 - *7:15 3D
*NO EXTRA 3D CHARGES!!
++++++++++++
DISNEY'S NEW VISION!!
JUNGLEposter.jpg

THE JUNGLE BOOK (PG)  1 hr 45 min
An orphan boy is raised in the jungle with the help of a pack of wolves, a
bear, and a black panther.
A classic family tale now told in a new vision from Disney.
THE JUNGLE BOOK (PG)
FRI: (4:00) - 7:00
SAT & SUN: (1:00)-(4:00)- 7:00
MON thru THURS: 7:15 (ENDS THURS!!)
++++++++++++++++++++
Skip pic.JPG
The official Summer movie season starts this weekend with the release of the
ultra-blockbuster CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR (PG13).

As usual about this time, I caution you "Avon movie" fans to watch carefully
when a smaller release gets squeezed in with all the big stuff.

When you see one, do not delay! Get down to see it!!
Summer is the time of BIG movies, and we try to slip a few of the smaller
"Avon movies" in whenever we can, but they will only play a week!

Many of you understand we need the big blockbusters to make it viable to
bring the smaller "Avon movies" in for the rest of the year.

So, don't feel we have forgotten you, or left you behind.

We are just filling up the coffers for the Fall when the "Avon movies" come
back.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I appreciate all the referrals you have sent us for the "Help Wanted" ad,
but please remember we ONLY interview in person, and you can only apply in
person.

When I get all the phone calls of "Are you hiring?" and the endless
questions of "Can I apply online?", I'm very surprised how few read our
instructions!

So, remember to have a candidate READ the requirements and application
instructions.

They can only apply IN-PERSON and ONLY with our GM Ashley Petty when she is
here (again, in the instructions).
The Avon is a wonderful work environment, and most of our people stay for
many years; through high-school, college and even after that.
But, we are VERY particular of whom we hire.
Maybe that's why so many of you compliment us on our staff!
We never hire just to fill a slot. There are plenty of my family members who
can do that.
We hire someone for our TEAM, and we need to make sure the fit is perfect.

I honestly think schools should do more to teach job finding skills to their
students.

When someone walks in improperly dressed, and with no clue how to be in an
interview, I wonder if ANYONE is trying to teach these kids a single thing
about job-finding!

+++++++++++
POPCORN-TO-GO!!
Did you know you can always pull up to the Avon and pick up just popcorn if
you want?
That's right!
Whenever we are open, just walk in and get some of the best popcorn in the
known universe!!
We not only don't mind, we find it a great compliment!
The Avon Theater has been YOUR locally owned & family-operated 'hometown
theater' for 100 Years THIS YEAR!!
This weekend, I'm looking for ALL of you and, especially...YOU!!
SkipTan.bmp- Skip Huston
STARTS FRI, MAY 13th!!
HOLOGRAMquad.jpg