[Avon-theatre-news] AVON THEATER NEWS APRIL 1st, 2016

AVON THEATER 3 Skip at theAvon.com
Wed Mar 30 13:02:47 EDT 2016

NEWSLETTERTOPPER.jpg

WEEK OF FRIDAY, APRIL 1st thru THURSDAY, APRIL 7th ONLY!!
Check out our website at: www.TheAvon.com

Trouble Seeing the Pictures in the Newsletter??
Make sure your email browser is set to "html", not "text only".
  <https://www.facebook.com/TheAvonTheatre> FBlogo1.jpg
CLICK ABOVE TO GO TO OUR FUN FACEBOOK PAGE!!
+++++++++++++++++++++
OUR "QUICK LOOK" SHOWTIME GUIDE!!
Fri, APRIL 1st thru Thurs, APRIL 7th ONLY!!
TIMESAPRIL1.PNG
++++++++++++++++++++
BIGGEST MOVIE IN THE WORLD!!
BVSposter2.jpg
BATMAN v SUPERMAN: Dawn of Justice (PG13)  2 hr 31 min
Batman (Ben Affleck) and Superman (Henry Cavill) share the screen in this
Warner Bros./DC Entertainment co-production penned by David S. Goyer and
Chris Terrio, and directed by Zack Snyder. Amy Adams and Diane Lane return
as Lois Lane and Martha Kent, respectively.
BATMAN v SUPERMAN: Dawn of Justice (PG13)
FRI: *(4:45 3D) - 8:00
SAT & SUN: (1:30) -*(4:45 3D) - 8:00
MON thru THURS: 7:15

*NO EXTRA 3D CHARGES FOR OUR EXCELLENT 3D!!
++++++++++++++++++++
YOU'LL LOVE THIS ONE!!
GREEK2poster.jpg
MY BIG FAT GREEK WEDDING 2 (PG13)  1 hr 29 min
Gold Circle Entertainment and HBO present a Playtone production of My Big
Fat Greek Wedding 2, the long-awaited follow-up to the highest-grossing
romantic comedy of all time. Written by Academy Award (R) nominee Nia
Vardalos, who stars alongside the entire returning cast of favorites, the
film reveals a Portokalos family secret that will bring the beloved
characters back together for an even bigger and Greeker wedding. Kirk Jones
(Nanny McPhee, Waking Ned Devine) directs the next chapter of the film that
will be once again produced by Rita Wilson and Playtone partners Tom Hanks
and Gary Goetzman. Paul Brooks and Steven Shareshian return to executive
produce alongside Vardalos and Scott Niemeyer. Universal Pictures will
distribute the comedy domestically and in select international territories.
MY BIG FAT GREEK WEDDING 2 (PG13)
++++++++++++++++++++
SALLY FIELD IS BACK!!
hello_my_name_is_doris.jpg
HELLO, MY NAME IS DORIS (R-language)  1 hr 35 min
When Doris Miller meets John Fremont, her company's hip new art director,
sparks fly-at least for Doris. In the cluttered house she shared with her
late mother, Doris mines the Internet for information on her one-and-only,
guided by the 13-year-old granddaughter of her best pal Roz. When Doris
begins showing up at John's regular haunts, she wins over his Williamsburg
friends. Her new life brings Doris a thrilling perspective, but also creates
a rift between her and her longtime friends and family, who believe she's
making a fool of herself over a guy half her age. Eager for all the
experiences she has missed out on, Doris throws caution to the wind and
follows her heart for the very first time.

Hello, My Name Is Doris is immeasurably elevated by Sally Field's remarkable
performance in the title role, which overpowers a surfeit of stereotypical
indie quirk.

HELLO, MY NAME IS DORIS (R- language)
++++++++++++++++++++
SKIPFINAL.JPG
Even though we have won #1 in the "Best Movie Theater" category of the
Herald & Review's annual "Best of." Reader's Choice poll for the past 12
years in a row, it's not something we ever take for granted.
We are always pleased and touched to have such a honor awarded to us!

This year, we really had a surprise!
Not only did we win #1 in "Best Movie Theater", we ALSO won #1 "Best Theater
Venue", AND.#2 "Best Historic Site", AND.#2 "Best Way to Spend a Weekend"!!
We are truly flabbergasted!
To recap:

#1 "Best Movie Theater"

#1 "Best Theater Venue"

#2 "Best Historic Site"

#2 "Best Way to Spend a Weekend"

Our cup truly runneth over!!
Thanks to ALL of you who voted!
I was told the votes were in the multi-thousands!!
You can still see the list of winners by going to the Herald-Review's
website.
Click this link:
http://herald-review.com/contests/readers-choice-winners-the-best-of-central
-illinois/collection_039aa50f-3419-5352-aee6-118f6204b179.html

++++++++++++++++++++
Did you know you can always pull up to the Avon and pick up just popcorn if
you want?
That's right!
Whenever we are open, just walk in and get some of the best popcorn in the
known universe!!
We not only don't mind, we find it a great compliment!
+++++++++++
The Avon Theater has been YOUR locally owned & family-operated 'hometown
theater' for 100 Years THIS YEAR!!
This weekend, I'm looking for ALL of you and, especially...YOU!!
SkipTan.bmp- Skip Huston
COMING APRIL 15th!!
LIGHTposter.jpg
COMING APRIL 15th!!