[Avon-theatre-news] AVON THEATER NEWS---MARCH 4th, 2016

AVON THEATER 3 Skip at theAvon.com
Wed Mar 2 14:23:33 EST 2016

ZOOB.jpg
NEWSLETTERTOPPER.jpg

WEEK OF FRIDAY, MARCH 4th thru THURSDAY, MARCH 10th ONLY!!
Check out our website at: www.TheAvon.com

Trouble Seeing the Pictures in the Newsletter??
Make sure your email browser is set to "html", not "text only".
  <https://www.facebook.com/TheAvonTheatre> FBlogo1.jpg
CLICK ABOVE TO GO TO OUR FUN FACEBOOK PAGE!!
+++++++++++++++++++++
OUR "QUICK LOOK" SHOWTIME GUIDE!!
Fri, MARCH 4th thru Thurs, MARCH 10th ONLY!!
SHOWSMARCH4.bmp
++++++++++++++++++++
NEW FROM DISNEY!!
"Secret Premiere" Thurs, March 3rd at 7:00 PM ONLY!
ALL THURS PREMIERE SEATS ONLY $5.00!!
ZOOTOPIAposterA.jpg
ZOOTOPIA (PG) 108 family-friendly minutes
The modern mammal metropolis of Zootopia is a city like no other. Comprised
of habitat neighborhoods like ritzy Sahara Square and frigid Tundratown,
it's a melting pot where animals from every environment live together-a
place where no matter what you are, from the biggest elephant to the
smallest shrew, you can be anything. But when rookie Officer Judy Hopps
(voice of Ginnifer Goodwin) arrives, she discovers that being the first
bunny on a police force of big, tough animals isn't so easy.

The brilliantly well-rounded Zootopia offers a thoughtful, inclusive message
that's as rich and timely as its sumptuously state-of-the-art animation --
all while remaining fast and funny enough to keep younger viewers
entertained.

ZOOTOPIA (PG)
FRI: (4:00) - (*4:45 3D) - 7:00
SAT: (1:00) - (*1:45 3D) - (4:00) - (*4:45 3D) - 7:00
SUN: (1:00) - (*1:45 3D) - (4:00) - (*4:45 3D)
MON thru THURS: 6:30
*NO EXTRA CHARGE FOR OUR EXCELLENT 3D!!
++++++++++++++++++++
BIGGEST HIT MOVIE ON EARTH!!
DEADPOOLposterC.jpg
DEADPOOL (VERY R)   1 hr 40 min
Based upon Marvel Comics' most unconventional anti-hero, DEADPOOL tells the
origin story of former Special Forces operative turned mercenary Wade
Wilson, who after being subjected to a rogue experiment that leaves him with
accelerated healing powers, adopts the alter ego Deadpool. Armed with his
new abilities and a dark, twisted sense of humor, Deadpool hunts down the
man who nearly destroyed his life.
Fast, funny, and gleefully profane, the fourth-wall-busting Deadpool
subverts superhero film formula with wildly entertaining -- and decidedly
non-family-friendly -- results.
A NOTE FROM SKIP: This one is NOT for the kids, folks. It's not for anyone
who is offended at raunchy R-rated humor.
DEADPOOL (VERY R)
SPECIAL!! ALL SEATS FOR DEADPOOL ONLY $5.00!!
SUN: : (2:00) - (5:00)
MON thru THURS: 7:15
++++++++++++++++++++
HUGE ACTION ADVENTURE!!
GODSposterB.jpg
GODS OF EGYPT (PG13)   2 hr 7 min.
In this spectacular action-adventure inspired by the classic mythology of
Egypt, the survival of mankind hangs in the balance as an unexpected mortal
hero Bek [Brenton Thwaites] undertakes a thrilling journey to save the world
and rescue his true love. In order to succeed, he must enlist the help of
the powerful god Horus [Nikolaj Coster-Waldau] in an unlikely alliance
against Set [Gerard Butler], the merciless god of darkness, who has usurped
Egypt's throne, plunging the once peaceful and prosperous empire into chaos.

GODS OF EGYPT (PG13)

FRI & SAT: 7:45
SUN: NO SUNDAY SHOWING DUE TO SPECIAL EVENT
MON, TUES & WED: 7:15 (ENDS WEDNESDAY)
++++++++++++++++++++

Skip2.bmp

Well.Not to blow my own horn or anything (WHO? ME?) but you did all see that
I correctly called the Best Picture of the Year Oscar Winner, right?
(And those of you lucky enough to be in my film class last Thursday, got to
see the winner, which of course was "SPOTLIGHT").

All in all, it was a very entertaining Oscar show.
Some funny jokes.
Some embarrassing moments.
Some terrible songs.
Some va-va-voom dresses (particularly Rachel McAdams!).
Some long-overdue awards (I'm mostly thinking of the great great film
composer Ennio Morricone here.).
Some undeserved awards (aren't there always some?).
Some bombastic political agendas (as is the normal hoo-hah at the Oscars, so
what's new?).
And.a lot of movies many of you never saw! (Don't blame us! We played MOST
of them, and YOU didn't come!)
++++++++++++++++++++
Did you know you can always pull up to the Avon and pick up just popcorn if
you want?
That's right!
Whenever we are open, just walk in and get some of the best popcorn in the
known universe!!
We not only don't mind, we find it a great compliment!
The Avon Theater has been YOUR locally owned & family-operated 'hometown
theater' for 100 Years THIS YEAR!!
This weekend, I'm looking for ALL of you and, especially...YOU!!
SkipTan.bmp- Skip Huston

LOCAL.bmp