[Avon-theatre-news] AVON THEATER NEWS--JULY 1st, 2016

AVON THEATER 3 Skip at theAvon.com
Tue Jun 28 18:47:11 EDT 2016

PREMIERE THURS, JUNE 30th at 7:00 PM!!
ALL PREMIERE SEATS ONLY $5.00!!!
TARZANquad.jpg

cid:image001.jpg at 01D1C668.61DC48E0

WEEK OF FRIDAY, JULY 1st thru THURSDAY, JULY 7th ONLY!!
Check out our website at: www.TheAvon.com

Trouble Seeing the Pictures in the Newsletter??
Make sure your email browser is set to “html”, not “text only”.
  <https://www.facebook.com/TheAvonTheatre>
cid:image002.jpg at 01D1C668.61DC48E0
CLICK ABOVE TO GO TO OUR FUN FACEBOOK PAGE!!

+++++++++++++++++++++
OUR "QUICK LOOK" SHOWTIME GUIDE!!
Fri, JULY 1st thru Thurs, JULY 7th ONLY!!
TARZANTIMES.bmp
+++++++++++++++++
SPECIAL $5.00 PREMIERE!!
THURS, JUNE 30th at 7:00 PM!!
TARZANNEW.jpg
THE LEGEND OF TARZAN (PG13) 1hr 49 min
It has been years since the man once known as Tarzan (Alexander Skarsgård)
left the jungles of Africa behind for a gentrified life as John Clayton III,
Lord Greystoke, with his beloved wife, Jane (Margot Robbie) at his side.
Now, he has been invited back to the Congo to serve as a trade emissary of
Parliament, unaware that he is a pawn in a deadly convergence of greed and
revenge, masterminded by the Belgian, Captain Leon Rom (Christoph Waltz).
But those behind the murderous plot have no idea what they are about to
unleash.

THE LEGEND OF TARZAN (PG13)
SECRET PREMIERE THURS, JUNE 30th at 7:00 PM!
ALL PREMIERE SEATS ONLY $5.00!!
FRI: (5:00) – 8:00
SAT & SUN: (2:00) – (5:00) – 8:00
MON (July 4th): (2:00) – (5:00)
TUES & WED: 7:15
++++++++++++
ONE OF THE BIGGEST MOVIES OF THE SUMMER!!
NEW FROM DISNEY & PIXAR!!
cid:image006.jpg at 01D1C668.61DC48E0
FINDING DORY (PG)  1 hr 40 min
"Finding Dory" reunites the friendly-but-forgetful blue tang fish with her
loved ones, and everyone learns a few things about the true meaning of
family along the way. The all-new big-screen adventure dives into theaters
in 2016, taking moviegoers back to the extraordinary underwater world from
the original film.
FINDING DORY (PG)
FRI: (*4:15 3D) – 7:15
SAT & SUN: (1:15) – (*4:15 3D) – 7:15
MON (July 4th): (1:15) – (*4:15 3D)
TUES & WED: 6:30 (ENDS WEDNESDAY!!)
*NO EXTRA 3D CHARGES!!
++++++++++++
INDY2.jpg
INDEPENDENCE DAY: RESURGENCE (PG13) 120 min
We always knew they were coming back. After INDEPENDENCE DAY redefined the
event movie genre, the next epic chapter delivers global catastrophe on an
unimaginable scale. Using recovered alien technology, the nations of Earth
have collaborated on an immense defense program to protect the planet. But
nothing can prepare us for the aliens' advanced and unprecedented force.
Only the ingenuity of a few brave men and women can bring our world back
from the brink of extinction.

INDEPENDENCE DAY: RESURGENCE (PG13)
FRI: (4:00) – 7:00
SAT & SUN: (1:00) – (4:00) – 7:00
MON (July 4th): (1:00) – (4:00)
TUES & WED: 6:30 (ENDS WEDNESDAY!)
+++++++++++++++++
SPECIAL PREMIERE THURS, JULY 7th at 7:00 PM!!
ALL PREMIERE SEATS $5.00!!
2D or 3D
YOUR choice!! No Extra 3D Charges!!
PETS.jpg
THE SECRET LIFE OF PETS (PG)
For their fifth fully-animated feature-film collaboration, Illumination
Entertainment and Universal Pictures present The Secret Life of Pets, a
comedy about the lives our pets lead after we leave for work or school each
day. Comedy superstars Louis C.K., Eric Stonestreet and Kevin Hart make
their animated feature-film debuts in The Secret Life of Pets, which
co-stars Ellie Kemper, Lake Bell, Jenny Slate, Bobby Moynihan, Hannibal
Buress and Albert Brooks. Illumination founder and CEO Chris Meledandri and
his longtime collaborator Janet Healy produce the film directed by Chris
Renaud (Despicable Me, Despicable Me 2), co-directed by Yarrow Cheney and
written by Brian Lynch and Cinco Paul & Ken Daurio.

SPECIAL PREMIERE THURS, JULY 7th at 7:00 PM!!
ALL PREMIERE SEATS $5.00!!
2D or 3D
YOUR choice!! No Extra 3D Charges!!
+++++++++++++++++
SKIP2016.bmp
Skippy “Tarzan” Huston
I have to admit I’ve always been a Tarzan fan.
When I was a kid, I read all 24 of the Edgar Rice Burroughs books (which are
now 100 years old, and were brand NEW when the Avon first opened!).
I saw my first Tarzan movie, a silent made in 1918 (No, I wasn’t there for
the first-run! I saw it in 1955 on 8mm film) starring Elmo Lincoln (most
likely a distant relative of old Abe), and I have watched dozens and dozens
of them over the years!
Johnny Weissmuller?? Not my favorite Tarzan. (Ok, stop the hate mail!)
There have been so many actors playing Tarzan,  with some doing a good, to
passable, to awful job of it, all I can do is state MY favorite Tarzan to
date: Gordon Scott.
GordonScott.jpg
Gordon Scott, My all-time favorite Tarzan
until now?
Gordon Scott made 5 Tarzan movies, and two of those five are considered the
BEST of ALL of the Tarzan movies, “Tarzan’s Greatest Adventure” (1958),
which co-starred Sean Connery as a bad guy, and “Tarzan the Magnificent”
(1960), which co-starred another future Tarzan, Jock Mahoney (who was also
Sally Fields’ stepfather!).
But now we have another brand new look at the Lord of the Apes, as we
present the latest version starting this week: “THE LEGEND OF TARZAN”
(PG13).
Tarzan is played by a real favorite of the ladies, Alexander Skarsgard, and
Jane is played by the ultra wowser Margot Robbie.
This time, Jane is not quite the docile little woman either!

I have high hopes for this new incarnation of Tarzan, and, just as you, I
have not seen it yet
but, I will very soon!!
I will look for all of you this weekend!
TARZANNEWS.jpg
It should be noted that I was once kicked out of school for doing a Tarzan
yell in class.
It was a really good Tarzan yell, and I don’t think I’ll ever pull it off
that well again!
The administration at MacArthur High School should’ve given me a MEDAL for
that almost-perfect Tarzan yell

Not a suspension!
Some people just can’t appreciate art!

The Avon Theater has been YOUR locally owned & family-operated 'hometown
theater' for 100 Years THIS YEAR!!
This weekend, I'm looking for ALL of you and, especially...YOU!!
cid:image008.jpg at 01D1C668.61DC48E0- Skip Huston
SPECIAL PREMIERE THURS, JULY 7th at 7:00 PM!!
2D or 3D---YOUR Choice! (No Extra 3D Charges!!)
ALL PREMIERE SEATS ONLY $5.00!!
PETS2222.jpg