[Avon-theatre-news] AVON THEATER NEWS--JULY 22nd, 2016

AVON THEATER 3 Skip at theAvon.com
Wed Jul 20 18:59:05 EDT 2016

cid:image001.jpg at 01D1C668.61DC48E0

WEEK OF FRIDAY, JULY 22nd thru THURSDAY, JULY 28th ONLY!!
Check out our website at: www.TheAvon.com

Trouble Seeing the Pictures in the Newsletter??
Make sure your email browser is set to "html", not "text only".
  <https://www.facebook.com/TheAvonTheatre>
cid:image002.jpg at 01D1C668.61DC48E0
CLICK ABOVE TO GO TO OUR FUN FACEBOOK PAGE!!

+++++++++++++++++
OUR "QUICK LOOK" SHOWTIME GUIDE!!
Fri, JULY 15th thru Thurs, JULY 21st ONLY!!
JULYJULYJULY.bmp
+++++++++++++++++
STARTREK2016.jpg
STAR TREK BEYOND (PG13)
Captain Kirk and the crew of the Enterprise encounter an alien warrior race
when marooned on a distant planet after the destruction of their spaceship
in this thrilling sequel directed by Fast & Furious director Justin Lin.
Star Trek Beyond continues the franchise's post-reboot hot streak with an
epic sci-fi adventure that honors the series' sci-fi roots without skimping
on the blockbuster action.
STAR TREK BEYOND (PG13)
FRI: (*4:00 3D) - 8:00
SAT & SUN: (2:00) - (*4:00 3D) - 8:00
MON, TUES & WED: 7:15
* NO EXTRA 3D CHARGES!!
+++++++++++++++++
ICEAGE5.jpg
ICE AGE: COLLISION COURSE (PG)
Scrat's epic pursuit of the elusive acorn catapults him into the universe
where he accidentally sets off a series of cosmic events that transform and
threaten the Ice Age World. To save themselves, Sid, Manny, Diego, and the
rest of the herd must leave their home and embark on a quest full of comedy
and adventure, travelling to exotic new lands and encountering a host of
colorful new characters.
ICE AGE: COLLISION COURSE (PG)
FRI: (5:00) - *7:00 3D
SAT & SUN: (1:00) - (5:00) - *7:00 3D
MON thru THURS: 6:30
* NO EXTRA 3D CHARGES!!

+++++++++++++++++
PETS.jpg
THE SECRET LIFE OF PETS (PG)
For their fifth fully-animated feature-film collaboration, Illumination
Entertainment and Universal Pictures present The Secret Life of Pets, a
comedy about the lives our pets lead after we leave for work or school each
day. Comedy superstars Louis C.K., Eric Stonestreet and Kevin Hart make
their animated feature-film debuts in The Secret Life of Pets, which
co-stars Ellie Kemper, Lake Bell, Jenny Slate, Bobby Moynihan, Hannibal
Buress and Albert Brooks. Illumination founder and CEO Chris Meledandri and
his longtime collaborator Janet Healy produce the film directed by Chris
Renaud (Despicable Me, Despicable Me 2), co-directed by Yarrow Cheney and
written by Brian Lynch and Cinco Paul & Ken Daurio.
THE SECRET LIFE OF PETS (PG)
++++++++++++++++

SKIP2016.bmp
Skippy "Ray-Ban" Huston
It's hard to believe we're already on the downside of summer!
In just a few weeks, the kids will be back to school (including some of our
staff college students), and we'll settle in for another Fall.

I don't mind Fall.
In fact, I really always liked it, except.
After Fall comes Winter, and I hate that!

I tell myself every day that its still summer, we've really got a lot of
summer to go.(and we do!).
Most of you know I love the HOT weather, and even the humidity doesn't
bother me.
And that is a good thing because, as I write this the forecast is calling
for a heat wave this weekend!

PERFECT TIME TO GO TO THE MOVIES!!
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
We (or rather I) kind of dropped the ball on our big Summer hoop-de-doo of
our 100th anniversary.
We all just got busy, and before you know it, it was mid-summer and nothing
had been planned!
We actually still are planning something special, but it won't be until a
bit after summer.

Our actual anniversary is Nov. 28th, but the weather is a little
unpredictable then.

We'll get-r-done!!!

The Avon Theater has been YOUR locally owned & family-operated 'hometown
theater' for 100 Years THIS YEAR!!
This weekend, I'm looking for ALL of you and, especially...YOU!!
cid:image008.jpg at 01D1C668.61DC48E0- Skip Huston