[Avon-theatre-news] AVON THEATER NEWS---Dec. 16, 2016

AVON THEATER 3 Skip at theAvon.com
Wed Dec 14 19:24:02 EST 2016

cid:image001.jpg at 01D1C668.61DC48E0

WEEK OF FRIDAY, DEC. 16th thru THURSDAY, DEC. 22nd ONLY!!
Check out our website at: www.TheAvon.com

Trouble Seeing the Pictures in the Newsletter??
Make sure your email browser is set to "html", not "text only".
  <https://www.facebook.com/TheAvonTheatre>
cid:image002.jpg at 01D1C668.61DC48E0
CLICK ABOVE TO GO TO OUR FUN FACEBOOK PAGE!!

++++++++++++++++++++

THE BIGGEST MOVIE OF THE YEAR!!
In 2D or 3D---YOUR CHOICE!!
ROGUEbanner.bmp
rogue_one_a_star_wars_story_ver15.jpg
ROGUE ONE: A Star Wars Story (PG13)   133 Thrilling Minutes
>From Lucasfilm comes the first of the Star Wars standalone films, "Rogue
One: A Star Wars Story," an all-new epic adventure. In a time of conflict, a
group of unlikely heroes band together on a mission to steal the plans to
the Death Star, the Empire's ultimate weapon of destruction. This key event
in the Star Wars timeline brings together ordinary people who choose to do
extraordinary things, and in doing so, become part of something greater than
themselves.

ROGUE ONE: A Star Wars Story (2D STANDARD) (PG13)
MON & TUES: 7:15
WED & THURS: (2:00) - (5:00) - 8:00

ROGUE ONE: A Star Wars Story 3D (PG13)
FRI: (*5:00 3D) - *8:00 3D
SAT: (*2:00 3D) - (*5:00 3D) - *8:00 3D
SUN: (*2:00 3D) - (*5:00 3D)
MON: *6:30 3D
*NO EXTRA 3D CHARGES!!
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
THE CRITICS ARE RAVING ABOUT THIS ONE!!
manchester_by_the_sea_ver2.jpg
MANCHESTER BY THE SEA (R)  135 Dramatic Minutes
In Manchester by the Sea, the latest film from award-winning writer and
director Kenneth Lonergan, the life of a solitary Boston janitor is
transformed when he returns to his hometown to take care of his teenage
nephew. The story of the Chandlers, a working-class family living in a
Massachusetts fishing village for generations, Manchester by the Sea is a
deeply poignant, unexpectedly funny exploration of the power of familial
love, community, sacrifice and hope. After the death of his older brother
Joe (Kyle Chandler), Lee Chandler (Casey Affleck) is shocked to learn that
Joe has made him sole guardian of his nephew Patrick (Lucas Hedges). Taking
leave of his job, Lee reluctantly returns to Manchester-by-the-Sea to care
for Patrick, a spirited 16-year-old, and is forced to deal with a past that
separated him from his wife Randi (Michelle Williams) and the community
where he was born and raised. Bonded by the man who held their family
together, Lee and Patrick struggle to adjust to a world without him. In his
first film since 2011's acclaimed Margaret, Lonergan once again proves
himself a powerful and visionary storyteller as he seamlessly weaves past
and present together, crafting a tension-filled tale that deftly eschews
sentimentality in favor of penetrating emotional insight and deeply
affecting human relationships.
Critics Consensus: Manchester by the Sea delivers affecting drama populated
by full-bodied characters, marking another strong step forward for
writer-director Kenneth Lonergan.

MANCHESTER BY THE SEA (R)
MON & TUES: 6:30
WED & THURS: (12:30) - (3:45) - 7:00
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
STARTS TUES DEC. 20th!!
The BEST family film of the Holiday Season!!
sing_ver9.jpg
A koala impresario stages a grand singing competition for the world's
animals in order to save his elegant theater in this quirky animated
musical.
SING (PG)
TUES: 7:00
WED & THURS: (1:00) - (*4:00 3D) - 7:00
More show times starting Fri, Dec. 23rd

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Skip pic.JPG

As we go into the holiday season, be VERY careful on our showtimes!
We have extended our hours starting later in the week, so don't assume
because one day has certain showtimes, the other day will!
We have chosen what we feel is the best 3 movies for this Christmas 2016
season, and I hope you will like them!
There is certainly something for everyone!
The Avon Theater has been YOUR locally owned & family-operated 'hometown
theater' for 100 Years THIS YEAR!!
This weekend, I'm looking for ALL of you and, especially...YOU!!
cid:image008.jpg at 01D1C668.61DC48E0- Skip Huston