[Avon-theatre-news] AVON THEATER NEWS---SEPT. 25th, 2015

AVON THEATER 3 Skip at theAvon.com
Thu Sep 24 12:12:28 EDT 2015

NEWSLETTERTOPPER.jpg

WEEK OF FRIDAY, SEPT. 25th thru THURSDAY, OCT. 1st ONLY!!
Check out our website at: www.TheAvon.com

 <https://www.facebook.com/TheAvonTheatre> FBlogo1.jpg
CLICK ABOVE TO GO TO OUR FUN FACEBOOK PAGE!!
+++++++++++++++++++++
OUR "QUICK LOOK" SHOWTIME GUIDE!!
H&RSEPT25.JPG
+++++++++++++++++++++
AVON CROWDS WILL LOVE THIS ONE!!
INTERNposter.jpg
THE INTERN (PG13) 2 hr. 2 min.
A retired successful business owner and widower lands an internship at a
fashion website run by a young, career-driven woman. 70-year-old widower Ben
Whittaker (Robert De Niro) has discovered that retirement isn't all it's
cracked up to be. Seizing an opportunity to get back in the game, he becomes
a senior intern at an online fashion site, founded and run by Jules Ostin
(Anne Hathaway.

THE INTERN (PG13)

+++++++++++++++++++
HURRY!! ENDS WEDNESDAY!!
MAZEposter.jpg
Maze Runner: THE SCORCH TRIALS (PG13) 2 hr. 9 min.
In this next chapter of the epic "Maze Runner" saga, Thomas (Dylan O'Brien)
and his fellow Gladers face their greatest challenge yet: searching for
clues about the mysterious and powerful organization known as WCKD. Their
journey takes them to the Scorch, a desolate landscape filled with
unimaginable obstacles. Teaming up with resistance fighters, the Gladers
take on WCKD's vastly superior forces and uncover its shocking plans for
them all.

Maze Runner: The Scorch Trials offers an action-packed improvement over its
predecessor.

Maze Runner: THE SCORCH TRIALS (PG13)
+++++++++++++++++++
HURRY!! ENDS WEDNESDAY!!
WALKposter.jpg
A WALK IN THE WOODS (R) 1 hr. 38 min. Rated R for language (and that's all)
A PERSONAL NOTE FROM SKIP: I don't know what kind of burr got under some
critic's saddle, but this is a GREAT and VERY FUNNY movie!! I have seen it
FIVE TIMES, and it never gets old. We have had HUNDREDS come see it, and
LOVE IT! Don't worry about what some grumpy critics say (and many of them
LIKED it!), and pay no attention to the vapid pea-brains who think a comedy
has to have young people doing crazy things.THIS movie has old people doing
crazy things, and I am betting you will laugh yourself silly!

In this new comedy adventure, celebrated travel writer, Bill Bryson (Academy
Award winner Robert Redford), instead of retiring to enjoy his loving and
beautiful wife (Academy Award winner Emma Thompson), and large and happy
family, challenges himself to hike the Appalachian Trail - 2,200 miles of
America's most unspoiled, spectacular and rugged countryside from Georgia to
Maine. The peace and tranquility he hopes to find, though, is anything but,
once he agrees to being accompanied by the only person he can find willing
to join him on the trek - his long lost and former friend Katz (Academy
Award nominee Nick Nolte), a down-on-his-luck serial philanderer who, after
a lifetime of relying on his charm and wits to keep one step ahead of the
law - sees the trip as a way to sneak out of paying some debts and sneak
into one last adventure before its too late. The trouble is, the two have a
completely different definition of the word, "adventure". Now they're about
to find out that when you push yourself to the edge, the real fun begins.

A WALK IN THE WOODS (R)

+++++++++++++++++++

THURSDAY, OCT 1st @ 8:00PM SNEAK PREMIERE!!
3D or 2D---Your Choice!!
(But, no extra charge for our excellent 3D!)

MARTIANposterA.jpg
+++++++++++++++++++++
Skip pic.JPG

FAQ's:

Q: How can I get my business advertised on your screens?
A: It's actually very simple, within certain perimeters. If you have a
prepared 15 to 30 second DCP formatted prepared spot (30 seconds is our
maximum), and are a LOCAL business, you are ready to talk advertising with
us!
If you DON'T have a prepared spot, we can point you in the right direction
there too.
Ads on the Avon screen are at a premium because we will only allow 10 spots
maximum. We currently have 4, so time is of the essence here!
Call our advertising manager Bridget Spitzer at (217) 423-6688, and she will
explain how easily you can get on the Avon's 3 screens!!

Q: Do you ever have employment openings at the Avon Theater? It seems your
staff has been there forever!
A: We have been very blessed to have such tiny turnover in our staff. The
shortest term staffer has been with us 3 years! Some of them as long as 8 or
9 years!
But, yes, we do have an opening from time to time, but those are usually
filled by networking with current employees, or friends and relatives. We
are always accepting applications, but, at this point, there is a wait list.
That shouldn't deter you from still coming in and filling out an
application.

Q: Can one sign-up late for your film classes??
A: YES!! Just see our GM, Ashley, and she will prorate the tuition based on
what classes you have missed. We always welcome newcomers!

The Avon Theater has been YOUR locally owned & family-operated 'hometown
theater' for almost 100 Years!!
This weekend, I'm looking for you and you and...YOU!!
SkipTan.bmp- Skip Huston
HRReadersChoice2015.bmp