[Avon-theatre-news] AVON THEATER NEWS---OCT. 30th, 2015

AVON THEATER 3 Skip at theAvon.com
Thu Oct 29 14:07:49 EDT 2015

FREEHALLOWEEN2015B.JPG
FREE HALLOWEEN MOVIES!!
HALLOWEENTOWN (G) on OCT. 30th at 10:30 PM
TRICK r TREAT (R) on OCT. 31st at 10:30 PM
ALL FREE!! DOORS OPEN 10:00 PM!
NO TICKET NEEDED, JUST COME!

NEWSLETTERTOPPER.jpg

WEEK OF FRIDAY, OCT. 30th thru THURSDAY, NOV. 5th ONLY!!
Check out our website at: www.TheAvon.com

 <https://www.facebook.com/TheAvonTheatre> FBlogo1.jpg
CLICK ABOVE TO GO TO OUR FUN FACEBOOK PAGE!!
+++++++++++++++++++++
OUR "QUICK LOOK" SHOWTIME GUIDE!!
Fri, Oct. 30th thru Thurs, Nov. 5th ONLY!!
H&ROCT30th.bmp
+++++++++++++++++++++

An Early Oscar Favorite for Cate Blanchett!
FBTRUTH.JPG
TRUTH (R) 2 hr. 5 min.
On the morning of September 9, 2004, veteran CBS News producer MARY MAPES
(Cate Blanchett) believed she had every reason to feel proud of a broadcast
journalism job well done. By the end of the day, Mapes, CBS News, and the
venerable CBS News anchor DAN RATHER (Robert Redford) would be under harsh
scrutiny.
 Truth's terrific cast and compelling. dramatization of a nuanced real-life
tale.

TRUTHblurb.bmp

TRUTH (R)
+++++++++++++++++++++

.         AVON HALLOWEEN EXCLUSIVE!!
You Can't See This Scary & Funny One Anywhere Else in This Area!!
SCOUTSposterA.jpg
SCOUTS GUIDE TO THE ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE (R) 1 hr 30 min
Three scouts, on the eve of their last camp-out, discover the true meaning
of friendship when they attempt to save their town from a zombie outbreak.

SCOUTS GUIDE TO THE ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE (R)
MON, TUES & WED: 7:15 (ENDS WED)
+++++++++++++++++++++

TOM HANKS in a NEW Steven Spielberg Epic!!
BRIDEGEOFSPIESposterC.jpg
BRIDGE OF SPIES (PG13) 2 hr. 22 min.
Tom Hanks stars as the American attorney tasked with negotiating the release
of a U-2 spy plane pilot who was shot down over Russia at the height of the
Cold War in this historical drama from DreamWorks Studios.

 Bridge of Spies finds new life in Hollywood's classic Cold War espionage
thriller formula, thanks to reliably outstanding work from Steven Spielberg
and Tom Hanks.

BRIDGE OF SPIES (PG13)

+++++++++++++++++++++

janos.gif

So, all the Halloween revelry comes to an end this weekend.
We still have two free Halloween movies on Fri and Sat (details on the top
of this page), and a special week-long exclusive run of the new
horror-comedy "Scouts Guide to the Zombie Apocalypse" (which, for obvious
reasons, on our marquee we are calling "Scouts vs Zombies"---which actually
was the original title for it!).

My current film classes have their last meet of the year next week on Nov.
5th, and that will be it until the Winter 2016 classes start on Jan. 21st.

And, NOW we settle in for the Holiday Season 2015!

There are so many big movies coming in the next few months, it is
mind-boggling!
As usual, some of them we will have, and some of them we won't. The
limitations of only having 3 screens are felt most during the Holiday
Season. We know all of you understand, that with only 3 screens, we can't
play everything!
Sometimes, we will pick up something we skipped as a 2nd run, or sometimes
we breathe a sigh of relief when one we did NOT play turns out to be a dud!

Anyway, I hope you enjoy this last weekend of the Halloween season!
I know my staff and I are exhausted from all the special events. Our annual
"Rocky Horror Picture Show" costume bash was a huge success, but left all of
us either under the weather, comatose, cranky or all three!
But it was worth it!

So put the Jack-o-Lanterns away, and start thinking of turkey and Christmas
trees, because Thanksgiving and Christmas will be here before you know it!
The Avon Theater has been YOUR locally owned & family-operated 'hometown
theater' for almost 100 Years!!
This weekend, I'm looking for you and you and...YOU!!
Chaney%20Sr_,%20Lon%20(London%20After%20Midnight)_01.JPG- Skip Huston
STARTS NOV. 20th!!!
HUNGERposterA.jpg