[Avon-theatre-news] AVON THEATER NEWS---NOV. 13th, 2015

AVON THEATER 3 Skip at theAvon.com
Thu Nov 12 13:17:54 EST 2015

SNEAK PREMIERE THURS, NOV. 19th at 7:00 PM!!
HUNGERposterA.jpg
__________________
 NOW SHOWING!!  FUN FOR ALL AGES!!

 PEANUTSquad.jpg

NEWSLETTERTOPPER.jpg

WEEK OF FRIDAY, NOV. 13th thru THURSDAY, NOV. 19th ONLY!!
Check out our website at: www.TheAvon.com

 <https://www.facebook.com/TheAvonTheatre> FBlogo1.jpg
CLICK ABOVE TO GO TO OUR FUN FACEBOOK PAGE!!
+++++++++++++++++++++
OUR "QUICK LOOK" SHOWTIME GUIDE!!
Fri, NOV. 13th thru Thurs, Nov. 19th ONLY!!
NOVH&RSHOWS.JPG
+++++++++++++++++++++

FUN FOR ALL AGES!!
PEANUTSposterB.jpg
THE PEANUTS MOVIE 2D & 3D (G) 1 hr. 32 min.
Charlie Brown, Snoopy, Lucy, Linus and the rest of the beloved "Peanuts"
gang make their big-screen debut, like they've never been seen before, in
state of the art 3D animation. Charlie Brown, the world's most beloved
underdog, embarks upon an epic and heroic quest, while his best pal, the
lovable beagle Snoopy, takes to the skies to pursue his arch-nemesis, the
Red Baron. From the imagination of Charles M. Schulz and the creators of the
ICE AGE films, THE PEANUTS MOVIE will prove that every underdog has his day.

THE PEANUTS MOVIE 2D (G)
FRI: (4:00) – 7:00
SAT: (1:00 – (4:00) – 7:00
SUN: (1:00) – (4:00)
MON, TUES & WED: 6:30

THE PEANUTS MOVIE 3D (G)
NOTE: NO EXTRA 3D CHARGE FOR OUR EXCELLENT 3D!!
FRI: (4:45) – 7:45
SAT: (1:45) – (4:45) – 7:45
SUN: (1:45) – (4:45)
MON, TUES & WED: 7:15

+++++++++++++++++++++
NEW FROM GERMANY!
For All You Avon Art Film Fans!!
ONE-WEEK-ONLY!!
LABYRINTHposter.jpg
LABYRINTH OF LIES (R) 2 hr. 4 min. (German with English subtitles)
In "Labyrinth of Lies" the economic miracle is changing the life of Germans
in post-war Germany 20 years later. Most of them are sick of the war and
prefer to push their guilt to the back of their mind. When a journalist
(André Szymanski) identifies a teacher in the playground as a former guard
from Auschwitz, no one wants to take notice. But a young prosecutor
(Alexander Fehling) takes on the case and can't even be stopped by his boss.
During his research he realizes that some Germans claim that they never
heard the expression "Auschwitz," while others try to forget about it. As
the resolute prosecutor doesn't give up, the Attorney General Fritz Bauer
(Gert Voss) retains him to take charge of the investigations. Struggling
with an overload of information, the young attorney blunders into a
labyrinth of guilt and lies where he almost gets lost.
 Labyrinth of Lies artfully blends fact with well-intentioned fiction to
offer a thought-provoking look at how the lessons of history can be easily
lost or forgotten.

NOTE FROM SKIP: This will probably win the Best Foreign Film Oscar this
year!! From time to time, we still do play some of the “Avon Movies” that
established us in the first place. Many of you have asked for more of these
intelligent, not-for-the-mall-crowd movies, so PLEASE SUPPORT THIS BY COMING
TO SEE IT THIS WEEKEND!! It’s only playing for a WEEK!

LABYRINTH OF LIES (R)
FRI: (4:45)
SAT: (1:45) – (4:45)
SUN: (1:45)
MON, TUES & WED: 7:15 (ENDS WEDNESDAY!!)
+++++++++++++++++++++

TOM HANKS in a NEW Steven Spielberg Epic!!
5th BIG WEEK!! ENDS SUNDAY!!
BRIDEGEOFSPIESposterC.jpg
BRIDGE OF SPIES (PG13) 2 hr. 22 min.
Tom Hanks stars as the American attorney tasked with negotiating the release
of a U-2 spy plane pilot who was shot down over Russia at the height of the
Cold War in this historical drama from DreamWorks Studios.

 Bridge of Spies finds new life in Hollywood's classic Cold War espionage
thriller formula, thanks to reliably outstanding work from Steven Spielberg
and Tom Hanks.

BRIDGE OF SPIES (PG13)
FRI & SAT: 7:45
SUN: (4:45)

+++++++++++++++++++++

HERE IS THE BIG ONE!!
Premieres Thursday, Dec. 19th at 7:00 PM!!
HUNGERB.jpg
THE HUNGER GAMES: MOCKINGJAY Part 2 (PG13) 2 hr. 17 min.
With the nation of Panem in a full scale war, Katniss confronts President
Snow [Donald Sutherland] in the final showdown. Teamed with a group of her
closest friends including Gale [Liam Hemsworth], Finnick [Sam Claflin], and
Peeta [Josh Hutcherson] Katniss goes off on a mission with the unit from
District 13 as they risk their lives to liberate the citizens of Panem, and
stage an assassination attempt on President Snow who has become increasingly
obsessed with destroying her. The mortal traps, enemies, and moral choices
that await Katniss will challenge her more than any arena she faced in The
Hunger Games.

THE HUNGER GAMES: MOCKINGJAY Part 2  (PG13)
THURSDAY, NOV. 19th “SNEAK PREMIERE” AT 7:00 PM!!
(Next week’s Showtimes to be announced!)

+++++++++++++++++++++

Skip2.bmp

Well, not much to rant, rave or ramble about this week

I’ve been sick with a bad cold, or the flu or some kind of creeping crud
(there’s a lot of nasty stuff going around).
I do plan to be at the theater this weekend, since I’ve been assured I’m no
longer contagious.

I hope I see the loyal Avon crowd coming for “Labyrinth of Lies”; its
exactly the kind of movie you have all been asking for, and it will be a
long time before we have room for another one like it since the Holiday
blockbusters will soon start to fill up our screens until Spring!
The Avon Theater has been YOUR locally owned & family-operated 'hometown
theater' for almost 100 Years!!
This weekend, I'm looking for you and you and...YOU!!
SkipTan.bmp- Skip Huston
SNEAK PREMIERE!! THURS, DEC. 17th!!!
STARWARSposterA.jpg