[Avon-theatre-news] AVON THEATER NEWS---NOV. 6th, 2015

AVON THEATER 3 Skip at theAvon.com
Thu Nov 5 13:28:40 EST 2015

   STARTS FRIDAY!! FUN FOR ALL AGES!!

 PEANUTSquad.jpg

NEWSLETTERTOPPER.jpg

WEEK OF FRIDAY, NOV. 6th thru THURSDAY, NOV. 12th ONLY!!
Check out our website at: www.TheAvon.com

 <https://www.facebook.com/TheAvonTheatre> FBlogo1.jpg
CLICK ABOVE TO GO TO OUR FUN FACEBOOK PAGE!!
+++++++++++++++++++++
OUR "QUICK LOOK" SHOWTIME GUIDE!!
Fri, NOV. 6th thru Thurs, Nov. 12th ONLY!!
HRTIMESNOV2015XXXX.JPG
+++++++++++++++++++++

FUN FOR ALL AGES!!
PEANUTSposterB.jpg
THE PEANUTS MOVIE 2D & 3D (G) 1 hr. 32 min.
Charlie Brown, Snoopy, Lucy, Linus and the rest of the beloved "Peanuts"
gang make their big-screen debut, like they've never been seen before, in
state of the art 3D animation. Charlie Brown, the world's most beloved
underdog, embarks upon an epic and heroic quest, while his best pal, the
lovable beagle Snoopy, takes to the skies to pursue his arch-nemesis, the
Red Baron. From the imagination of Charles M. Schulz and the creators of the
ICE AGE films, THE PEANUTS MOVIE will prove that every underdog has his day.

THE PEANUTS MOVIE 2D & 3D (G)
NOTE: NO EXTRA 3D CHARGE FOR OUR EXCELLENT 3D!!
FRI: (4:00) - (4:45 3D) - 7:00
SAT: (1:00 - (1:45 3D) - (4:00) - (4:45 3D) - 7:00
SUN: (1:00) - (1:45 3D) - (4:00)
MON thru THURS: 6:30

+++++++++++++++++++++

TOM HANKS in a NEW Steven Spielberg Epic!!
4th BIG WEEK!! ENDS SOON!!
BRIDEGEOFSPIESposterC.jpg
BRIDGE OF SPIES (PG13) 2 hr. 22 min.
Tom Hanks stars as the American attorney tasked with negotiating the release
of a U-2 spy plane pilot who was shot down over Russia at the height of the
Cold War in this historical drama from DreamWorks Studios.

 Bridge of Spies finds new life in Hollywood's classic Cold War espionage
thriller formula, thanks to reliably outstanding work from Steven Spielberg
and Tom Hanks.

BRIDGE OF SPIES (PG13)
FRI: 6:00
SAT: (3:00) - 6:00
SUN: (3:00)
MON thru THURS: 6:30 (Probably Ends Thurs!)

+++++++++++++++++++++

An Early Oscar Favorite for Cate Blanchett!
FBTRUTH.JPG
TRUTH (R) 2 hr. 5 min.
On the morning of September 9, 2004, veteran CBS News producer MARY MAPES
(Cate Blanchett) believed she had every reason to feel proud of a broadcast
journalism job well done. By the end of the day, Mapes, CBS News, and the
venerable CBS News anchor DAN RATHER (Robert Redford) would be under harsh
scrutiny.
 Truth's terrific cast and compelling. dramatization of a nuanced real-life
tale.

TRUTHblurb.bmp

TRUTH (R)
FRI & SAT: (7:45
SUN: (4:45)
MON thru THURS: 7:15 (Probably Ends Thurs!)

+++++++++++++++++++++

Skip2.bmp

A PERSONAL NOTE FROM SKIP

Sometimes, I share with you some of the inside workings of our business so
you can better understand some of the trials and provocations our movie
industry presents.
In a nut shell, I can say this: "It ain't easy"!!

Because the Avon falls into a weird niche between a Twin theater and a Quad
(2 screens vs 4), we are frequently held up to rules that apply to the 4
screen theater, rather than the 2 screen.

As such, there are certain studios who make draconian demands on the length
of time we have to hold any particular movie, and it sometimes is totally
unacceptable!

Case in point: This week's release of the new James Bond movie "Spectre" was
offered to us by Sony (a studio we have never been very friendly with
anyway) with many tough codicils, including having to hold it through
Thanksgiving and into early December!

This was not anywhere near a possible deal to me!

We have too many good films booked for the holidays, and we can't hold up a
screen with a movie like "Spectre" that will have maybe 2 good weeks in it,
at best.

So, I did what Sony thought was the absolute unthinkable: I passed on it.

We've got a lot of really great movies coming, and I have to think of those
future upcoming movies when I only have 3 screens to work with.
I'm sure Sony feels the entire world is about James Bond and "Spectre", and
it is a mammoth series of films, but their myopic senses did not sway me in
the least.

Did I make the right decision? There is no yes or no here.
I made the only decision I could with just 3 screens to program .

Good news is: You don't have to go to Carmike here to see "Spectre"; make
the short drive to our friends at the theaters in Clinton or Taylorville,
and a tad longer drive to the Lincoln 4 in Lincoln, Illinois (a theater I
had much to do with the initial set-up). They will be glad to see you, and
you don't have to feel you were forced to go to Carmike.

OR.
Forego seeing "Spectre" altogether and come to the good ol' Avon for THE
PEANUTS MOVIE or TRUTH or BRIDGE OF SPIES.

YOUR choice!
But, I feel you were deserving an explanation.

Thanks!

-Skip
The Avon Theater has been YOUR locally owned & family-operated 'hometown
theater' for almost 100 Years!!
This weekend, I'm looking for you and you and...YOU!!
SkipTan.bmp- Skip Huston
STARTS NOV. 19th!!!
HUNGERposterA.jpg