[Avon-theatre-news] AVON THEATER NEWS---MAY 15th, 2015

AVON THEATER 3 Skip at theAvon.com
Wed May 13 13:36:55 EDT 2015

 PREMIERES THURS, MAY 14th at 7:00 PM ONLY!!
3D or 2D---YOUR Choice! NO EXTRA 3D CHARGE!
MAXbanner.jpg

NEWSLETTERTOPPER.jpg

WEEK OF FRIDAY, MAY 15th thru THURSDAY,  MAY 21st ONLY!!
Check out our website at: www.TheAvon.com

 <https://www.facebook.com/TheAvonTheatre> FBlogo1.jpg
CLICK ABOVE TO GO TO OUR FUN FACEBOOK PAGE!!
+++++++++++++++++++++
OUR "QUICK LOOK" SHOWTIME GUIDE!!
SHOWSMAY15.JPG
++++++++++++++++++++
MAXposterA.jpg
MAD MAX: FURY ROAD (R)   ACTION/ADVENTURE  (2 hrs.)--not including 8 to 12
min of previews).

Filmmaker George Miller gears up for another post-apocalyptic action
adventure with Fury Road, the fourth outing in the Mad Max film series.
Charlize Theron stars alongside Tom Hardy (Bronson), with Zoe Kravitz,
Adelaide Clemens, and Rosie Huntington Whiteley heading up the supporting
cast.

With exhilarating action and a surprising amount of narrative heft, Mad Max:
Fury Road brings George Miller's post-apocalyptic franchise roaring
vigorously back to life.

MAD MAX: FURY ROAD (R)
(Brackets denote $6.50 "Bargain Matinees")

FRI: (4:15 3D) - (5:00) - 8:00
SAT & SUN: (2:00) - (4:15 3D) - (5:00) - 8:00
MON thru THURS: 7:00
NO EXTRA 3D CHARGE!

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
WATERquad.jpg

THE WATER DIVINER (R)   Drama/Action  (1 hr 51 min --not including 8 to 12
min of previews)
After the Battle of Gallipoli, in 1915, an Australian farmer, Connor
(Russell Crowe), travels to Turkey to find his 3 missing sons. While staying
at a hotel in Istanbul, he meets Ayshe (Olga Kurylenko), the hotel manager.
And tries to find a way to Gallipoli.

A NOTE FROM SKIP: We were very fortunate to get this limited release movie
for the Avon. It has the sweep and epic feel of some of the David Lean
classics of old, yet has an immediate and art-house sensibility as well.
Two-time Oscar winner Russell Crowe not only stars in this, and it's his
first time as a director too. As the summer movie season begins, you will
see less and less of what we term "Avon movies" over the next few months,
and THIS one needs your support! After this and "Far From the Madding Crowd"
on May 22nd, it will be a long dry spell for you Avon art & indy fans! DON'T
MISS IT!!

THE WATER DIVINER (R)
(Brackets denote $6.50 "Bargain Matinees")

FRI: 7:15
SAT & SUN: (1:15) - 7:15
MON thru THURS: 6:15 (ENDS THURSDAY!)
++++++++++++++++++++
AVENGERSquadB.jpg
AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON (PG13)  Action/Thriller  (2 hr 21 min --not
including 8 to 12 min of previews)
When Tony Stark jumpstarts a dormant peacekeeping program, things go awry
and Earth's Mightiest Heroes, including Iron Man, Captain America, Thor, The
Incredible Hulk, Black Widow and Hawkeye, are put to the ultimate test as
they battle to save the planet from destruction at the hands of the
villainous Ultron.
Exuberant and eye-popping, Avengers: Age of Ultron serves as a. satisfying
sequel, reuniting its predecessor's unwieldy cast with a few new additions
and a worthy foe.
AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON (PG13)
(Brackets denote $6.50 "Bargain Matinees")

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Skip pic.JPG

AVON FILM CLASSES resume on THURSDAY JUNE 11th!!

As is our usual course offered in the Summer, we will be doing OVERLOOKED
FILMS Pt. 14!!
Join us for a screening and discussion session for 8 weeks from Thursday
June 11th to Thursday, July 30th.
We never divulge the movies to be shown, but they will be quality films that
you may or may not have ever heard of.

Classes start at 6:30 on Thursdays.

Tuition is $80 payable directly to THE AVON (not to Richland!).

You can either drop off your payment, or mail to the below address:

TMG LLC

130 S. Austin Ave.

Decatur, IL 62522

Don't mail payment to the theater, as we may never get it!

Checks should be made payable to: TMG LLC
Credit Cards payments are accepted for this, but we must add a 3% surcharge.
Tuition with a credit card is $82.40.
It's a great way to spend the summer with a bunch of nice people who are
film buffs just like YOU!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

The Avon Theater has been YOUR locally owned & family-operated 'hometown
theater' for almost 100 Years!!
This weekend, I'm looking for you and you and...YOU!!
Skippy.jpg- Skip Huston
++++++++++++++++
STARTS NEXT WEEK:
TOMORROWposterB.jpg