[Avon-theatre-news] AVON THEATER NEWS---MAY 8th, 2015

AVON THEATER 3 Skip at theAvon.com
Thu May 7 11:48:56 EDT 2015

  NEWSLETTERTOPPER.jpg

WEEK OF FRIDAY, MAY 8th thru THURSDAY,  MAY 14th ONLY!!
Check out our website at: www.TheAvon.com

 <https://www.facebook.com/TheAvonTheatre> FBlogo1.jpg
CLICK ABOVE TO GO TO OUR FUN FACEBOOK PAGE!!
+++++++++++++++++++++
OUR "QUICK LOOK" SHOWTIME GUIDE!!
HRshows0508.JPG
++++++++++++++++++++
WATERquad.jpg

THE WATER DIVINER (R)   Drama/Action  (1 hr 51 min --not including 8 to 12
min of previews)
After the Battle of Gallipoli, in 1915, an Australian farmer, Connor
(Russell Crowe), travels to Turkey to find his 3 missing sons. While staying
at a hotel in Istanbul, he meets Ayshe (Olga Kurylenko), the hotel manager.
And tries to find a way to Gallipoli.

A NOTE FROM SKIP: We were very fortunate to get this limited release movie
for the Avon. It has the sweep and epic feel of some of the David Lean
classics of old, yet has an immediate and art-house sensibility as well.
Two-time Oscar winner Russell Crowe not only stars in this, and it's his
first time as a director too. As the summer movie season begins, you will
see less and less of what we term "Avon movies" over the next few months,
and THIS one needs your support! After this and "Far From the Madding Crowd"
on May 22nd, it will be a long dry spell for you Avon art & indy fans! DON'T
MISS IT!!

THE WATER DIVINER (R)
(Brackets denote $6.50 "Bargain Matinees")

MON, TUES & WED: 6:15 (No Thursday show, but does return the following day)
++++++++++++++++++++
AVENGERSquadB.jpg
AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON (PG13)  Action/Thriller  (2 hr 21 min --not
including 8 to 12 min of previews)
When Tony Stark jumpstarts a dormant peacekeeping program, things go awry
and Earth's Mightiest Heroes, including Iron Man, Captain America, Thor, The
Incredible Hulk, Black Widow and Hawkeye, are put to the ultimate test as
they battle to save the planet from destruction at the hands of the
villainous Ultron.
Exuberant and eye-popping, Avengers: Age of Ultron serves as a. satisfying
sequel, reuniting its predecessor's unwieldy cast with a few new additions
and a worthy foe.
AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON (PG13)
(Brackets denote $6.50 "Bargain Matinees")

FRI: (4:15) - (4:30 3D) - 7:30
SAT & SUN: (1:00)- (1:15 3D) - (4:15) - (4:30 3D) - 7:30
MON thru THURS: 7:00
3D SHOWS: NO EXTRA 3D CHARGE!!
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
AGEposter.jpg
THE AGE OF ADALINE (PG13)   Fantasy/Romance  (1 hr 50 min --not including 8
to 12 min of previews)
After miraculously remaining 29 years old for almost eight decades, Adaline
Bowman (Blake Lively) has lived a solitary existence, never allowing herself
to get close to anyone who might reveal her secret. But a chance encounter
with charismatic philanthropist Ellis Jones (Michiel Huisman) reignites her
passion for life and romance. When a weekend with his parents (Harrison Ford
and Kathy Baker) threatens to uncover the truth, Adaline makes a decision
that will change her life forever.

THE AGE OF ADALINE (PG13)
(Brackets denote $6.50 "Bargain Matinees")

FRI, SAT & SUN: 7:45
MON, TUES & WED: 6:15 (ENDS WEDNESDAY!)
++++++++++++++++++++
MAXbanner.jpg

MAD MAX: FURY ROAD (R)   ACTION/ADVENTURE  (2 hrs.)--not including 8 to 12
min of previews).

Filmmaker George Miller gears up for another post-apocalyptic action
adventure with Fury Road, the fourth outing in the Mad Max film series.
Charlize Theron stars alongside Tom Hardy (Bronson), with Zoe Kravitz,
Adelaide Clemens, and Rosie Huntington Whiteley heading up the supporting
cast.

Incredible action that makes the Furious 7 characters look like driver's ed!
After 30 years, MAD MAX is back on the screen with the same acclaimed
director at the helm!

MAD MAX: FURY ROAD (R)
PREMIERES THURS, MAY 14th at 7:00 PM ONLY!!
3D or 2D---YOUR Choice! NO EXTRA 3D CHARGE!
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Skip pic.JPG

As we head into Summer 2015, it looks like an incredible movie summer!

BUT.
--As all of you know, Summer is the time we have to play as many of the big
"popcorn pictures" as possible.

That means some of the art & indy fare we are known for goes on a bit of a
hiatus.

This week's excellent THE WATER DIVINER, and May 22nd's FAR FROM THE MADDING
CROWD, will pretty much be the last of the art & indy films for a few
months.

PLEASE SUPPORT THEM!! They are both extraordinary movies, and the perfect
pair to keep you going until August when we can start to make our
programming again more like the Avon and less like the mall!

I know I am very anxious to see THE WATER DIVINER this weekend!!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

The Avon Theater has been YOUR locally owned & family-operated 'hometown
theater' for almost 100 Years!!
This weekend, I'm looking for you and you and...YOU!!
Skippy 2nd Grade.bmp- Skip Huston
++++++++++++++++
STARTS NEXT WEEK:
MAXposterA.jpg