[Avon-theatre-news] AVON THEATER NEWS---JUNE 19th, 2015

AVON THEATER 3 Skip at theAvon.com
Wed Jun 17 18:35:03 EDT 2015

 SNEAK 2D PREVIEW THURSDAY (JUNE 18th) at 7:00 PM ONLY!!
INSIDEposter.jpg

NEWSLETTERTOPPER.jpg

WEEK OF FRIDAY, JUNE 19th thru THURSDAY,  JUNE 25th ONLY!!
Check out our website at: www.TheAvon.com

 <https://www.facebook.com/TheAvonTheatre> FBlogo1.jpg
CLICK ABOVE TO GO TO OUR FUN FACEBOOK PAGE!!
+++++++++++++++++++++
OUR "QUICK LOOK" SHOWTIME GUIDE!!
NOTE A FRIDAY MATINEE HAS BEEN ADDED!!
SHOWS619.JPG
++++++++++++++++++++
SNEAK PREVIEW THURS, JUNE 18th at 7:00 PM ONLY!!
INSIDEposter.jpg

INSIDE OUT (PG)   ANIMATION/FAMILY  (1 hr. 42 min.--not including 8 to 12
min of previews).
Growing up can be a bumpy road, and it's no exception for Riley, who is
uprooted from her Midwest life when her father starts a new job in San
Francisco. Like all of us, Riley is guided by her emotions - Joy (Amy
Poehler), Fear (Bill Hader), Anger (Lewis Black), Disgust (Mindy Kaling) and
Sadness (Phyllis Smith). The emotions live in Headquarters, the control
center inside Riley's mind, where they help advise her through everyday
life. As Riley and her emotions struggle to adjust to a new life in San
Francisco, turmoil ensues in Headquarters. Although Joy, Riley's main and
most important emotion, tries to keep things positive, the emotions conflict
on how best to navigate a new city, house and school. -
 Inventive, gorgeously animated, and powerfully moving, Inside Out is
another outstanding addition to the Pixar library of modern animated
classics.
INSIDE OUT (PG)
SNEAK 2D PREVIEW THURS, JUNE 18th at 7:00 PM ONLY!!
2D SHOWTIMES:

FRI, SAT & SUN: (1:00) - (4:00) - 7:00
MON thru THURS: 6:30

INSIDE OUT (PG)
3D SHOWTIMES
FRI, SAT & SUN: (1:00)
NO EXTRA CHARGE FOR 3D!!
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
BIGGEST HIT IN THE WORLD!!
JURASSICposter.jpg

JURASSIC WORLD (PG13)   ACTION/ADVENTURE  (2 hrs. 3 min.--not including 8 to
12 min of previews).

Twenty-two years after the events of  <http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0107290>
Jurassic Park (1993), Isla Nublar now features a fully functioning dinosaur
theme park, Jurassic World, as originally envisioned by John Hammond. After
10 years of operation and visitor rates declining, in order to fulfill a
corporate mandate, a new attraction is created to re-spark visitor's
interest, which backfires horribly.
Jurassic World. works in its own right as an entertaining -- and visually
dazzling -- popcorn thriller.
JURASSIC WORLD (PG13)
2D SHOWTIMES:
FRI, SAT & SUN: (2:00) - (5:00) - 8:00
MON thru THURS: 7:15

JURASSIC WORLD 3D (PG13)
3D SHOWTIMES:
FRI, SAT & SUN: 7:00
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
HURRY!! ENDS SOON!!
SPYposter.jpg

SPY (R)   COMEDY/ACTION  (2 hrs.)--not including 8 to 12 min of previews).

Susan Cooper (Melissa McCarthy) is an unassuming, deskbound CIA analyst, and
the unsung hero behind the Agency's most dangerous missions. But when her
partner (Jude Law) falls off the grid and another top agent (Jason Statham)
is compromised, she volunteers to go deep undercover to infiltrate the world
of a deadly arms dealer, and prevent a global disaster.
Simultaneously broad and progressive, Spy offers further proof that Melissa
McCarthy and writer-director Paul Feig bring out the best in one another --
and delivers scores of belly laughs along the way.

SPY (R)
FRI, SAT & SUN: (4:00)
MON, TUES & WED: 6:30
+++++++++++++++++++++

Skip&Marquee.jpg

Wow! So it took the roar of dinosaurs to wake up the sleepy summer
box-office!!
And, boy did it wake up!
JURASSIC WORLD has broken records all over the world, and people are seeing
it over and over again!
(In case you didn't realize, "repeatability" is one of the most prime
factors in a bona fide hit!)

Now, coming right on its, er, tail, is the new Pixar movie (the first in 2
years) INSIDE OUT.

As of this writing, there are over 60 national critics who have reviewed
INSIDE OUT, and not a single review has NOT been positive! (Just wait, some
old grouch will have to spoil that record!)

And, Melissa McCarthy takes her final turn at the Avon in her hilarious and
raunchy (it IS R-rated, y'know) film SPY.

All in all, its gonna' be a great weekend at the Avon!

Also, please note we have added a matinee to Friday. This is a test to see
if this time can work, as we have rarely opened before 3:30 on Fridays. If
you like this earlier Friday matinee time, make sure you support it!
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
My new film class got off to a great start last Thursday, with a lot of
veteran students, and some newbies too!
YOU can still enroll! Come Thursday a bit before 6:30, and we will pro-rate
the tuition for the one class you missed.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

We are seeing a LOT of new customers, and they can't believe our low prices
and great quality and selections at the snack bar.
They also can't believe we don't charge extra for our excellent 3D.
And our ticket prices are astounding to them too!
I know I'm preaching to the choir here, but it's nice to see new people
discover what all of you have known for years!

The Avon Theater has been YOUR locally owned & family-operated 'hometown
theater' for almost 100 Years!!
This weekend, I'm looking for you and you and...YOU!!
SkipTan.bmp- Skip Huston

HRReadersChoice2015.bmp