[Avon-theatre-news] AVON THEATER NEWS---JULY 24th, 2015

AVON THEATER 3 Skip at theAvon.com
Thu Jul 23 12:40:53 EDT 2015

 STARTS FRIDAY!!
>From the Best-Selling Book!
PAPERposter.jpg

NEWSLETTERTOPPER.jpg

WEEK OF FRIDAY, JULY 24th thru THURSDAY,  JULY 30th ONLY!!
Check out our website at: www.TheAvon.com

 <https://www.facebook.com/TheAvonTheatre> FBlogo1.jpg
CLICK ABOVE TO GO TO OUR FUN FACEBOOK PAGE!!
+++++++++++++++++++++
OUR "QUICK LOOK" SHOWTIME GUIDE!!
H&RJULY24.bmp
+++++++++++++++++++
PAPERposter.jpg
PAPER TOWNS (PG13)
Adapted from the bestselling novel by author John Green ("The Fault in Our
Stars"), PAPER TOWNS is a coming-of-age story centering on Quentin and his
enigmatic neighbor Margo, who loved mysteries so much she became one. After
taking him on an all-night adventure through their hometown, Margo suddenly
disappears--leaving behind cryptic clues for Quentin to decipher. The search
leads Quentin and his quick-witted friends on an exhilarating adventure that
is equal parts hilarious and moving.Ultimately, to track down Margo, Quentin
must find a deeper understanding of true friendship--and true love.

PAPER TOWNS (PG13)
FRI: (5:00) - 8:00
SAT: 2:00) - (5:00) - 8:00
SUN: (2:00) - (5:00)
MON: 7:15
TUES & WED: 6:30

+++++++++++++++++++++
L&Mposter.jpg
LOVE & MERCY (PG13)
LOVE & MERCY presents an unconventional portrait of Brian Wilson, the
mercurial singer, songwriter and leader of The Beach Boys. Set against the
era defining catalog of Wilson's music, the film intimately examines the
personal voyage and ultimate salvation of the icon whose success came at
extraordinary personal cost.
Stars Paul Dano, Elizabeth Banks, John Cusack and Paul Giammati.

Critics Consensus: As unconventional and unwieldy as the life and legacy it
honors, Love & Mercy should prove moving for Brian Wilson fans while still
satisfying neophytes.

LOVE & MERCY (PG13)
FRI: (4:00) - 7:00
SAT: 1:00) - (4:00) - 7:00
SUN: (1:00) - (4:00)
MON: 6:30  (ENDS MONDAY!)

+++++++++++++++++++++
MINIONSposterC.jpg

MINIONS 2D (PG)
The story of Universal Pictures and Illumination Entertainment's Minions
begins at the dawn of time. Starting as single-celled yellow organisms,
Minions evolve through the ages, perpetually serving the most despicable of
masters. Continuously unsuccessful at keeping these masters-from T. rex to
Napoleon-the Minions find themselves without someone to serve and fall into
a deep depression. But one Minion named Kevin has a plan, and he-alongside
teenage rebel Stuart and lovable little Bob-ventures out into the world to
find a new evil boss for his brethren to follow. The trio embarks upon a
thrilling journey that ultimately leads them to their next potential master,
Scarlet Overkill (Academy Award  winner Sandra Bullock), the world's
first-ever female super-villain. They travel from frigid Antarctica to 1960s
New York City, ending in mod London, where they must face their biggest
challenge to date: saving all of Minionkind...from annihilation.
The Minions' brightly colored brand of gibberish-fueled insanity stretches
to feature length in their self-titled Despicable Me spinoff, with. often
hilarious results.

MINIONS 2D (PG)
2D SHOWTIMES:

MON, TUES & WED: 6:30 (ENDS WEDNESDAY)
++++++++++++++++++++
PREMIERES TUES, JULY 28th at 7:15 PM ONLY!!
VACATIONposterA.jpg
VACATION (R)
Ed Helms stars in the New Line Cinema reboot of the Vacation film series as
Rusty Griswald, the son of Chevy Chase's iconic character of the original
four films. Horrible Bosses' helmers John Francis Daley and Jonathan
Goldstein write and direct.
VACATION (R)
TUES, JULY 28th PREMIERE: 7:15 PM
WED & THURS: 7:15
(STARTS REGULAR RUN ON FRI, JULY 31st)
++++++++++++++++++++
PREMIERES THURS, JULY 30th at 8:00 PM ONLY!!
MIMPposter.jpg
MISSION IMPOSSIBLE 5: ROGUE NATION (PG13)
Ethan Hunt (Tom Cruise) returns for yet another top-secret assignment as hot
property screenwriter Drew Pearce (Iron Man 3, Pacific Rim) takes over
writing duties for the fifth installment of the phenomenally successful spy
franchise.
MISSION IMPOSSIBLE 5: ROGUE NATION (PG13)
THURS, JULY 30th PREMIERE: 8:00 PM
(STARTS REGULAR RUN ON FRI, JULY 31st)
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
SkippyHead1.bmp

Some rambling tidbits about finding our show listings:

If you are looking for our listings on your mobile devices (cell phones,
tablets etc.) we have found the most reliable app to be Fandango.com

While many of the others, Flixster, Yahoo, MovieFone et al will sometimes
have our listings, Fandango seems to always have us listed. It's a free app,
just download it to your device, search for theaters in your zip code, and
mark the Avon as a favorite. Very easy to do!
(Or, you can put OUR website www.theavon.com on your home screen, and always
get things from the source.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Are you happy we have started advertising on Fridays in the Decatur Herald &
Review?
We are the ONLY area theater to decide to go back and support the newspaper,
and I hope you check our listings every Friday when the newest movie reviews
are posted. For those of you who say "We don't get the paper", I can only
answer with "WHY???" Just like movie theaters, the newspapers, as we know
them, will someday be victims to progressive technology. Support them,
please.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
You can also get our listing on our powerful FaceBook page. We have found
one of the most incredible marketing tools of today is FaceBook. Check out
ours for special promos, and announcements of events. You don't have to join
FaceBook if you don't want to. Just go to FaceBook.com and search for The
Avon Theatre. You'll find us!
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
There is always the tried and true method of the telephone! Call our hotline
at 422-8151, and hear some crazy guy tell you what's playing and when! Those
of you who don't have computers, and don't get the paper, certainly have a
PHONE, right?
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
So, now you can see how frustrating it is when people tell us they can't
find our listings!

With our listings on mobile apps, our website, our FaceBook page,
newsletter, newspaper on Friday, and the phone.
What else can we do?

Go door to door?

Drop flyers on the city?

We have every base covered that we can control.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
It is with profound sadness and shock that our community lost 2 of our
shining stars in the past few weeks.
First, it was veteran Herald & Review reporter Bob Fallstrom, who would be
reading this very newsletter this week, if.

And less than a week ago, our Mayor, Mike McElroy, in a shocking sudden
death that our city is still feeling the seismic vibrations from.

Both men, I was proud to call friends.

It will be tough to fill the space in the place they once were.
God bless us all.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

The Avon Theater has been YOUR locally owned & family-operated 'hometown
theater' for almost 100 Years!!
This weekend, I'm looking for you and you and...YOU!!
SkipTan.bmp- Skip Huston
STARTS AUG. 7th!!
FAN4posterA.jpg
STARTS AUGUST 14th!!