[Avon-theatre-news] AVON THEATER NEWS---JULY 17th, 2015

AVON THEATER 3 Skip at theAvon.com
Thu Jul 16 12:07:50 EDT 2015

 STARTS FRIDAY, and ONLY at THE AVON!!
L&MposterB.jpg

NEWSLETTERTOPPER.jpg

WEEK OF FRIDAY, JULY 17th thru THURSDAY,  JULY 23rd ONLY!!
Check out our website at: www.TheAvon.com

 <https://www.facebook.com/TheAvonTheatre> FBlogo1.jpg
CLICK ABOVE TO GO TO OUR FUN FACEBOOK PAGE!!
+++++++++++++++++++++
OUR "QUICK LOOK" SHOWTIME GUIDE!!
H&RSHOWSJULY17.bmp
+++++++++++++++++++++
BEST NEW MOVIE IN TOWN!!
L&Mposter.jpg
LOVE & MERCY (PG13)
LOVE & MERCY presents an unconventional portrait of Brian Wilson, the
mercurial singer, songwriter and leader of The Beach Boys. Set against the
era defining catalog of Wilson's music, the film intimately examines the
personal voyage and ultimate salvation of the icon whose success came at
extraordinary personal cost.
Stars Paul Dano, Elizabeth Banks, John Cusack and Paul Giammati.

Critics Consensus: As unconventional and unwieldy as the life and legacy it
honors, Love & Mercy should prove moving for Brian Wilson fans while still
satisfying neophytes.

LOVE & MERCY (PG13)

+++++++++++++++++++++

BIGGEST MOVIE ON EARTH!!
MINIONSposterC.jpg

MINIONS 2D & 3D (PG)
The story of Universal Pictures and Illumination Entertainment's Minions
begins at the dawn of time. Starting as single-celled yellow organisms,
Minions evolve through the ages, perpetually serving the most despicable of
masters. Continuously unsuccessful at keeping these masters-from T. rex to
Napoleon-the Minions find themselves without someone to serve and fall into
a deep depression. But one Minion named Kevin has a plan, and he-alongside
teenage rebel Stuart and lovable little Bob-ventures out into the world to
find a new evil boss for his brethren to follow. The trio embarks upon a
thrilling journey that ultimately leads them to their next potential master,
Scarlet Overkill (Academy Award  winner Sandra Bullock), the world's
first-ever female super-villain. They travel from frigid Antarctica to 1960s
New York City, ending in mod London, where they must face their biggest
challenge to date: saving all of Minionkind...from annihilation.
The Minions' brightly colored brand of gibberish-fueled insanity stretches
to feature length in their self-titled Despicable Me spinoff, with. often
hilarious results.

MINIONS 2D (PG)
2D SHOWTIMES:

MINIONS 3D (PG)

NO EXTRA CHARGE FOR OUR EXCELLENT 3D!!

++++++++++++++++++++

SKIP&SUE.bmp
Mr. & Mrs. Head Honcho

So, score one for our beloved and loyal "Avon fans"!!
Instead of going the way most all the theaters would this week by playing
"Ant-Man", we decided it was time to bring in something for the people who
have kept us going all these years: the highly-acclaimed "LOVE & MERCY"!

This is one of those "Avon movies" we told you last Spring you would not see
much of until Fall.

But with LOVE & MERCY" (PG13) and the upcoming "MR. HOLMES" (PG), we get
back to serving YOU, our most important clientele!

Remember how The Beach Boys music shaped and defined your life?

You don't have to have been a kid in the 1960's; their music is iconic to
this day as new generations discover there is something much deeper working
there than just feel-good 'surfer music'.

-And the brilliant, tortured genius behind that sound was Brian Wilson.

This is an equally brilliant dramatic film, that plays with audacity and
succeeds.

The Avon is perpetuated by fine cinema fans, and this is one of those you
will  want to see!

Just so you can be assured, here in the midst of summer blockbuster (or
wanna be blockbuster) season, we don't forget who kept us going for 17 years
now!

DON'T MISS IT!!
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

The Avon Theater has been YOUR locally owned & family-operated 'hometown
theater' for almost 100 Years!!
This weekend, I'm looking for you and you and...YOU!!
Skippy.jpg- Skip Huston
STARTS JULY 24th:

PAPERposter.jpg
STARTS JULY 29th: