[Avon-theatre-news] AVON THEATER NEWS---Jan. 9th, 2015

AVON THEATER 3 Skip at theAvon.com
Wed Jan 7 16:57:40 EST 2015

Jan9DUO.JPG

NEWSLETTERTOPPER.jpg

WEEK OF FRIDAY, JAN. 9th thru THURSDAY,  JAN. 15th ONLY!!
Check out our NEW & REDESIGNED website at: www.TheAvon.com

FBtiny.bmp>>>Click this link: http://www.facebook.com/TheAvonTheatre
OUR "QUICK LOOK" SHOWTIME GUIDE!!
SHOWS0109.JPG
++++++++++++++++++++
ONE OF THE YEAR'S BEST!!
IMIGAMEquad.jpg

THE IMITATION GAME (PG13)   Mystery/Suspense/Drama  (1 hr 54 min--not
including 8 to 12 min of previews)
During the winter of 1952, British authorities entered the home of
mathematician, cryptanalyst and war hero Alan Turing (Benedict Cumberbatch)
to investigate a reported burglary. They instead ended up arresting Turing
himself on charges of 'gross indecency', an accusation that would lead to
his devastating conviction for the criminal offense of homosexuality -
little did officials know, they were actually incriminating the pioneer of
modern-day computing. Famously leading a motley group of scholars,
linguists, chess champions and intelligence officers, he was credited with
cracking the so-called unbreakable codes of Germany's World War II Enigma
machine. An intense and haunting portrayal of a brilliant, complicated man,
THE IMITATION GAME follows a genius who under nail-biting pressure helped to
shorten the war and, in turn, save thousands of lives.

With an outstanding starring performance from Benedict Cumberbatch
illuminating its fact-based story, The Imitation Game serves as an eminently
well-made entry in the "prestige biopic" genre.

THE IMITATION GAME (PG13)
(Brackets denote $6.50 "Bargain Matinees")

+++++++++++++++++++++
TAKEN3Quad.jpg

TAKEN 3 (PG13)   Action/Adventure  (1 hr 33 min --not including 8 to 12 min
of previews)
Liam Neeson returns as ex-covert operative Bryan Mills, whose reconciliation
with his ex-wife is tragically cut short when she is brutally murdered.
Consumed with rage, and framed for the crime, he goes on the run to evade
the relentless pursuit of the CIA, FBI and the police. For one last time,
Mills must use his "particular set of skills," to track down the real
killers, exact his unique brand of justice, and protect the only thing that
matters to him now - his daughter.

TAKEN 3 (PG13)
(Brackets denote $6.50 "Bargain Matinees")

+++++++++++++++++++++
HURRY!! ENDS SOON!!
UNBROKENposter.jpg
UNBROKEN (PG13)   Biography/Adventure  (2 hr 17 min--not including 8 to 12
min of previews)
Academy Award (R) winner Angelina Jolie directs and produces Unbroken, an
epic drama that follows the incredible life of Olympian and war hero Louis
"Louie" Zamperini (Jack O'Connell) who, along with two other crewmen,
survived in a raft for 47 days after a near-fatal plane crash in WWII-only
to be caught by the Japanese Navy and sent to a prisoner-of-war camp.
Director Jolie began shooting some of the most dramatic and challenging
scenes on Wednesday, October 16, on location far out at sea in Moreton Bay,
Australia, with Zamperini (O'Connell) and his fellow airmen-Phil (Domhnall
Gleeson) and Mac (Finn Wittrock)-having impossibly survived being adrift in
the open Pacific for several weeks. Working with cameras on a floating rig
in choppy waters and braving the elements, with actors dieting for months to
appear as depleted as their characters, Jolie completed a successful first
day of a location shoot that promises to be rigorous and uniquely
challenging. Adapted from Laura Hillenbrand's ("Seabiscuit: An American
Legend") enormously popular book, Unbroken brings to the big screen
Zamperini's unbelievable and inspiring true story about the resilient power
of the human spirit. Starring alongside O'Connell, Gleeson and Wittrock are
Garrett Hedlund and John Magaro as fellow POWs who find an unexpected
camaraderie during their internment,
UNBROKEN (PG13)
(Brackets denote $6.50 "Bargain Matinees")

MON thru WED: 6:30  (ENDS WEDNESDAY!)

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
ADVANCE PREVIEW THURS, JAN. 15th @ 7:00 PM!!
AMERICANSNIPERposter.jpg

AMERICAN SNIPER (R)   Drama/Action/Adventure  (2 hr 14 min --not including 8
to 12 min of previews)
>From director Clint Eastwood comes "American Sniper," starring Bradley
Cooper as Chris Kyle, the most lethal sniper in U.S. military history. But
there was much more to this true American hero than his skill with a rifle.
U.S. Navy SEAL sniper Chris Kyle is sent to Iraq with only one mission: to
protect his brothers-in-arms. His pinpoint accuracy saves countless lives on
the battlefield and, as stories of his courageous exploits spread, he earns
the nickname "Legend." However, his reputation is also growing behind enemy
lines, putting a price on his head and making him a prime target of
insurgents. Despite the danger, as well as the toll on his family at home,
Chris serves through four harrowing tours of duty in Iraq, becoming
emblematic of the SEAL creed to "leave no man behind." But upon returning
home, Chris finds that it is the war he can't leave behind.