[Avon-theatre-news] AVON THEATER NEWS---AUG. 28th, 2015

AVON THEATER 3 Skip at theAvon.com
Wed Aug 26 12:38:29 EDT 2015

 MAXbanner.jpg

NEWSLETTERTOPPER.jpg

WEEK OF FRIDAY, AUG. 28th thru THURSDAY,  SEPT. 3rd ONLY!!
Check out our website at: www.TheAvon.com

 <https://www.facebook.com/TheAvonTheatre> FBlogo1.jpg
CLICK ABOVE TO GO TO OUR FUN FACEBOOK PAGE!!
+++++++++++++++++++++
OUR "QUICK LOOK" SHOWTIME GUIDE!!

DECATUR LOVES THIS ONE!!

MR. HOLMES (PG)

FRI: (4:00) - 7:00
SAT: (1:00) - (4:00)  7:00

IT'S BACK FOR ALL WHO MISSED IT!!
PATRIOTIC FAMILY MOVIE!!

MAX (PG)
FRI: 7:00
SAT: (1:00) - 7:00

SUN: (1:00)
MON thru THURS: 7:00

HURRY!! ENDS SOON!!

THE MAN FROM U.N.C.L.E. (PG13)
FRI, SAT & SUN: (4:00)

+++++++++++++++++++
MRHposter.jpg
Mr. HOLMES (PG)
MR HOLMES is a new twist on the world's most famous detective. 1947, an
aging Sherlock Holmes returns from a journey to Japan, where, in search of a
rare plant with powerful restorative qualities, he has witnessed the
devastation of nuclear warfare. Now, in his remote seaside farmhouse, Holmes
faces the end of his days tending to his bees, with only the company of his
housekeeper and her young son, Roger. Grappling with the diminishing powers
of his mind, Holmes comes to rely upon the boy as he revisits the
circumstances of the unsolved case that forced him into retirement, and
searches for answers to the mysteries of life and love - before it's too
late.

 Mr. Holmes focuses on the man behind the mysteries, and while it may lack
Baker Street thrills, it more than compensates with tenderly wrought,
well-acted drama.

Mr. HOLMES (PG)

+++++++++++++++++++++
MAXposter.jpg
MAX (PG)
A military dog from Afghanistan is adopted by his late handler's grieving
family in the U.S., where his close bond with the soldier's brother leads to
a life-altering revelation in this family-friendly adventure from MGM and
director Boaz Yakin (who penned the screenplay alongside writer Sheldon
Lettich).

A MOVIE YOU'LL WANT TO STAND UP AND CHEER!!

MAX (PG)
FRI: 7:00

SAT: (1:00) - 7:00
SUN: (1:00)
MON thru THURS: 7:00

+++++++++++++++++++++
MANFROMposter.jpg
THE MAN FROM U.N.C.L.E. (PG13)
Henry Cavill ("Man of Steel") stars as Napoleon Solo opposite Armie Hammer
("The Social Network") as Illya Kuryakin in director Guy Ritchie's "The Man
from U.N.C.L.E.," a fresh take on the hugely popular 1960s television
series. Set against the backdrop of the early 1960s, at the height of the
Cold War, "The Man from U.N.C.L.E." centers on CIA agent Solo and KGB agent
Kuryakin. Forced to put aside longstanding hostilities, the two team up on a
joint mission to stop a mysterious international criminal organization,
which is bent on destabilizing the fragile balance of power through the
proliferation of nuclear weapons and technology. The duo's only lead is the
daughter of a vanished German scientist, who is the key to infiltrating the
criminal organization, and they must race against time to find him and
prevent a worldwide catastrophe.

THE MAN FROM U.N.C.L.E. (PG13)
FRI, SAT & SUN: (4:00) (ENDS SUNDAY)

++++++++++++++++++++
SKIP&SUE.bmp

Skip & Sue will celebrate their 31st wedding anniversary this November!

On Friday, August 28th, I will turn 65.
Its hard to believe.
When I reopened the long-closed and crumbling Avon Theater I was in my late
40's!!

In those past 17 years, I have seen so many thousands pass through our
doors, and I am honored by each and every one of you.

Someone asked me about retirement, and there is only one answer to that: NO
WAY.

I am blessed to have such a remarkable and expert staff, and, while I work
in my home office every day, I'm usually only working at the theater now on
weekends. THAT is about as close to retirement as I care to get!

We're all getting older, and health problems start to slow us down, but as
long as YOU keep coming, I'll be there to keep THE AVON running!

Now, let's get started on the next 17 years!!
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
NOTE: My new film classes, GREAT SCREEN TEAMS Part 2, will start on Thurs,
Sept. 17th. We'll have more details right here in the coming weeks. It's
gonna be a fun one!

The Avon Theater has been YOUR locally owned & family-operated 'hometown
theater' for almost 100 Years!!
This weekend, I'm looking for you and you and...YOU!!
SkipTan.bmp- Skip Huston
HRReadersChoice2015.bmp