[Avon-theatre-news] AVON THEATER NEWS--AUG 21st, 2015

AVON THEATER 3 Skip at theAvon.com
Wed Aug 19 11:13:41 EDT 2015

NEWSLETTERTOPPER.jpg

WEEK OF FRIDAY, AUG. 21st thru THURSDAY,  AUG. 27th ONLY!!
Check out our website at: www.TheAvon.com

 <https://www.facebook.com/TheAvonTheatre> FBlogo1.jpg
CLICK ABOVE TO GO TO OUR FUN FACEBOOK PAGE!!
+++++++++++++++++++++
OUR "QUICK LOOK" SHOWTIME GUIDE!!

YOU WILL LOVE THIS ONE!!

MR. HOLMES (PG)

FRI: (4:00) - 7:00
SAT: (1:00) - (4:00)  7:00

GREAT NEW '60's RETRO FUN!!

THE MAN FROM U.N.C.L.E. (PG13)

ACCLAIMED NEW THRILLER!!

THE GIFT (R)

+++++++++++++++++++
MRHposter.jpg
Mr. HOLMES (PG)
MR HOLMES is a new twist on the world's most famous detective. 1947, an
aging Sherlock Holmes returns from a journey to Japan, where, in search of a
rare plant with powerful restorative qualities, he has witnessed the
devastation of nuclear warfare. Now, in his remote seaside farmhouse, Holmes
faces the end of his days tending to his bees, with only the company of his
housekeeper and her young son, Roger. Grappling with the diminishing powers
of his mind, Holmes comes to rely upon the boy as he revisits the
circumstances of the unsolved case that forced him into retirement, and
searches for answers to the mysteries of life and love - before it's too
late.

 Mr. Holmes focuses on the man behind the mysteries, and while it may lack
Baker Street thrills, it more than compensates with tenderly wrought,
well-acted drama.

Mr. HOLMES (PG)

+++++++++++++++++++++
MANFROMposter.jpg
THE MAN FROM U.N.C.L.E. (PG13)
Henry Cavill ("Man of Steel") stars as Napoleon Solo opposite Armie Hammer
("The Social Network") as Illya Kuryakin in director Guy Ritchie's "The Man
from U.N.C.L.E.," a fresh take on the hugely popular 1960s television
series. Set against the backdrop of the early 1960s, at the height of the
Cold War, "The Man from U.N.C.L.E." centers on CIA agent Solo and KGB agent
Kuryakin. Forced to put aside longstanding hostilities, the two team up on a
joint mission to stop a mysterious international criminal organization,
which is bent on destabilizing the fragile balance of power through the
proliferation of nuclear weapons and technology. The duo's only lead is the
daughter of a vanished German scientist, who is the key to infiltrating the
criminal organization, and they must race against time to find him and
prevent a worldwide catastrophe.

THE MAN FROM U.N.C.L.E. (PG13)

++++++++++++++++++++
GIFTposter.jpg
THE GIFT  (R)
Simon and Robyn are a young married couple whose life is going just as
planned until a chance encounter with an acquaintance from Simon's high
school sends their world into a harrowing tailspin. Simon doesn't recognize
Gordo at first, but after a series of uninvited encounters and mysterious
gifts prove troubling, a horrifying secret from the past is uncovered after
more than 20 years. As Robyn learns the unsettling truth about what happened
between Simon and Gordo, she starts to question: how well do we really know
the people closest to us, and are past bygones ever really bygones?
 The Gift is wickedly smart and playfully subversive, challenging the
audience's expectations while leaving them leaning on the edges of their
seats.

THE GIFT (R)

+++++++++++++++++++++
Skip&Marquee.jpg

Some Avon FAQ's (frequently asked questions)
(Send yours to Manager at theAvon.com)

FAQ: Why is your popcorn so much better than anyone else I can find?
ANSWER: Most theater popcorn, and even other sources of popcorn like fairs,
carnivals, etc., use a very cheap and unhealthy coconut oil. At the Avon we
ONLY use healthy sunflower oil (from OEM ADM too!). This oil is the most
expensive popping oil, but it certainly is worth it! We tried them all in
our early days; coconut, canola, vegetable.but when we tried the sunflower
oil, we knew that was the key to a light and healthier tasting corn. Add to
that the fact that it is LOCALLY grown corn, and you have a great
combination!

FAQ: Is that really real butter you push so much?
ANSWER: You betcha! In fact, its better than just a store bought butter; its
CLARIFIED butter! That's why we have to charge extra for it, and that's why
it tastes like ambrosia! Don't be fooled by those "other guys" who offer
free "butter", when it's really a chemically-enhanced toxic sludge. J

FAQ: I heard someone say your fabulous caramel corn comes from Del's, is
that true?
ANSWER: Well, what a compliment it is when people ask that, but its all made
right in our kitchen by my daughter, Melissa (Huston) Rinchiuso. In fact,
some of the candy corn flavors she comes up with are world class!

FAQ: Are a whole lot of your staff girls your family? I notice you have very
little turn-over in employees, and even ones who leave for awhile, seem to
re-appear from time to time.
ANSWER: I would be proud to say ALL of our girls are my family, but, in
reality, I have a niece, Megan, who has worked there for years, my wife,
Sue, is there regularly, and my daughter, Melissa, works mostly behind the
scenes cooking our candy corn. That's it. The rest are long-term, loyal
staff. Even the ones you see re-appear, are staff who have gone off to
college, and return on breaks and summer. I guess they like working there!
So, you could say they are part of the Avon "family"!

FAQ: What's up with the parking garage across the street?
ANSWER: It is open to Avon customers all weekend long, and on weeknights
from 5PM. It really has not been a huge inconvenience once you know the
perimeters. But, here's a secret: Even when we have an event that is outside
those hour perimeters, ADM has NEVER towed anyone. It's all good!

FAQ: Where can I find your showtime listings on my phone? I notice you are
not on Flixster any longer.
ANSWER: There are many more options for showtimes on your phone than just
Flixster, who charge outrageous fees to be listed on their site. The best is
FANDANGO. Their app is free, and you should upload it to your phone and
refer it to it all the time. We are usually on Yahoo as well, along with our
FaceBook page, that always has our showtimes and so does our website. All of
those you can add to your phone. I'm sure there are others out there too.
Flixster is NOT the be-all, end-all, believe me!

FAQ: What's it all about?
ANSWER: Alfie.

Send me your FAQ's to Manager at theAvon.com and put in the subject line "FAQ"

The Avon Theater has been YOUR locally owned & family-operated 'hometown
theater' for almost 100 Years!!
This weekend, I'm looking for you and you and...YOU!!
SkipTan.bmp- Skip Huston
HRReadersChoice2015.bmp