[Avon-theatre-news] AVON THEATER NEWS---AUGUST 14th, 2015

AVON THEATER 3 Skip at theAvon.com
Wed Aug 12 16:00:11 EDT 2015

  MRHannouncement.JPG
NEWSLETTERTOPPER.jpg

WEEK OF FRIDAY, AUG. 14th thru THURSDAY,  AUG. 20th ONLY!!
Check out our website at: www.TheAvon.com

 <https://www.facebook.com/TheAvonTheatre> FBlogo1.jpg
CLICK ABOVE TO GO TO OUR FUN FACEBOOK PAGE!!
+++++++++++++++++++++
OUR "QUICK LOOK" SHOWTIME GUIDE!!

PERFECT FOR THE AVON CROWD!!

MR. HOLMES (PG)

FRI: (4:00) - 7:00
SAT: (1:00) - (4:00)  7:00

GREAT NEW '60's RETRO FUN!!

THE MAN FROM U.N.C.L.E. (PG13)

HURRY! ENDS THURS!!

FANTASTIC FOUR (PG13)

+++++++++++++++++++
MRHposter.jpg
Mr. HOLMES (PG)
MR HOLMES is a new twist on the world's most famous detective. 1947, an
aging Sherlock Holmes returns from a journey to Japan, where, in search of a
rare plant with powerful restorative qualities, he has witnessed the
devastation of nuclear warfare. Now, in his remote seaside farmhouse, Holmes
faces the end of his days tending to his bees, with only the company of his
housekeeper and her young son, Roger. Grappling with the diminishing powers
of his mind, Holmes comes to rely upon the boy as he revisits the
circumstances of the unsolved case that forced him into retirement, and
searches for answers to the mysteries of life and love - before it's too
late.

 Mr. Holmes focuses on the man behind the mysteries, and while it may lack
Baker Street thrills, it more than compensates with tenderly wrought,
well-acted drama.

Mr. HOLMES (PG)

+++++++++++++++++++++
MANFROMposter.jpg
THE MAN FROM U.N.C.L.E. (PG13)
Henry Cavill ("Man of Steel") stars as Napoleon Solo opposite Armie Hammer
("The Social Network") as Illya Kuryakin in director Guy Ritchie's "The Man
from U.N.C.L.E.," a fresh take on the hugely popular 1960s television
series. Set against the backdrop of the early 1960s, at the height of the
Cold War, "The Man from U.N.C.L.E." centers on CIA agent Solo and KGB agent
Kuryakin. Forced to put aside longstanding hostilities, the two team up on a
joint mission to stop a mysterious international criminal organization,
which is bent on destabilizing the fragile balance of power through the
proliferation of nuclear weapons and technology. The duo's only lead is the
daughter of a vanished German scientist, who is the key to infiltrating the
criminal organization, and they must race against time to find him and
prevent a worldwide catastrophe.

THE MAN FROM U.N.C.L.E. (PG13)

++++++++++++++++++++
FAN4posterA.jpg
FANTASTIC FOUR (PG13)
FANTASTIC FOUR, a contemporary re-imagining of Marvel's original and
longest-running superhero team, centers on four young outsiders who teleport
to an alternate and dangerous universe, which alters their physical form in
shocking ways. Their lives irrevocably upended, the team must learn to
harness their daunting new abilities and work together to save Earth from a
former friend turned enemy.

FANTASTIC FOUR (PG13)

MON thru THURS: 7:15 (ENDS THURSDAY!)

+++++++++++++++++++++
Skip&Marquee.jpg

School is back in session very soon!

It seems awfully early.

Back when I was in school (when we rode dinosaurs) I can't remember ever
getting out AFTER Memorial Day, or going back BEFORE Labor Day!

In any event, the city will be a bit quieter, and you'll see a gradual shift
in the movies to more serious or grounded fare, as we head into the 4th
quarter and Oscar Season.

There are some incredible things coming in the next few months, and I hope
you will join us!

My next film class, "GREAT SCREEN TEAMS---PART 2" starts on September 17th!
You can sign up now, or wait for more details in the coming weeks!

My birthday is Aug. 28th (I'll be brutally honest, for a change, and tell
you it's my 65th!!)
Start planning your gifts of cash and/or BMW's right now!!

The Avon Theater has been YOUR locally owned & family-operated 'hometown
theater' for almost 100 Years!!
This weekend, I'm looking for you and you and...YOU!!
SkipTan.bmp- Skip Huston
HRReadersChoice2015.bmp