[Avon-theatre-news] AVON THEATER NEWS---AUG. 7th, 2015

AVON THEATER 3 Skip at theAvon.com
Wed Aug 5 11:53:33 EDT 2015

 REGULAR RUN STARTS FRIDAY!!
(SNEAK PREMIERE TONIGHT AT 8:00 PM!!)
FAN4quad.jpg

NEWSLETTERTOPPER.jpg

WEEK OF FRIDAY, AUG. 7th thru THURSDAY,  AUG. 13th ONLY!!
Check out our website at: www.TheAvon.com

 <https://www.facebook.com/TheAvonTheatre> FBlogo1.jpg
CLICK ABOVE TO GO TO OUR FUN FACEBOOK PAGE!!
+++++++++++++++++++++
OUR "QUICK LOOK" SHOWTIME GUIDE!!

+++++++++++++++++++
FAN4posterA.jpg
FANTASTIC FOUR (PG13)
FANTASTIC FOUR, a contemporary re-imagining of Marvel's original and
longest-running superhero team, centers on four young outsiders who teleport
to an alternate and dangerous universe, which alters their physical form in
shocking ways. Their lives irrevocably upended, the team must learn to
harness their daunting new abilities and work together to save Earth from a
former friend turned enemy.

FANTASTIC FOUR (PG13)
FRI, SAT & SUN: (3:30) - 6:30
MON thru THURS: 7:15

+++++++++++++++++++++
MIPposterA.jpg
MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE Rogue Nation (PG13)
Ethan Hunt (Tom Cruise) returns for yet another top-secret assignment as hot
property screenwriter Drew Pearce (Iron Man 3, Pacific Rim) takes over
writing duties for the fifth installment of the phenomenally successful spy
franchise.
Mission: Impossible Rogue Nation continues the franchise's thrilling
resurgence -- and proves that Tom Cruise remains an action star without
equal..

MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE Rogue Nation (PG13)
FRI, SAT & SUN: (3:00) - 6:00
MON thru THURS: 6:30

+++++++++++++++++++++
VACATIONposterA.jpg
VACATION (R)
Ed Helms stars in the New Line Cinema reboot of the Vacation film series as
Rusty Griswald, the son of Chevy Chase's iconic character of the original
four films. Horrible Bosses' helmers John Francis Daley and Jonathan
Goldstein write and direct.

NOTE FROM SKIP: Here is a movie the critics tried their best to bury, but
audiences think is hysterically funny. Many are coming back more than once!
If you are looking for a good laugh, and remember these are very R-rated
(for language) laughs, don't be afraid to see VACATION. Another example
where the hoity-toity critics really got it wrong!!
VACATION (R)
FRI, SAT & SUN: (3:00) - 6:00
MON thru THURS: 6:30
++++++++++++++++++++

SkipOldPic.JPG
So, it's Decatur Celebration weekend!
For 30 years this free street festival has drawn throngs to our downtown,
with major musical acts and good food and drink.
It has also totally killed our business for the 17 years we've been open!

We tried closing for a few times during those 17 years, but that caused more
problems than it was worth.
(Since we are a "first-run" theater---and proud of it---we'd have to explain
to the studio hoo-hah's why we didn't play their movies that weekend, and
that is never a pleasant experience).

SO.We opted for a shortened schedule, in that we could comply with studio
regulations, but still weren't burning payroll while we were 'embargoed'
(LOL)
Pay careful attention to this weekend's showtimes. They are unlike most
weekends.

Come down for Celebration, but don't forget about us!
Check our showtimes, and remember we open app. 30 min. before any scheduled
show.
Drop in, say hello, buy some of our fabulous popcorn, and maybe watch a
movie to cool off and wait for the next big Celebration event you want to
attend.

It only happens once a year, as we've been telling ourselves for the past 17
years!!!
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

The Avon Theater has been YOUR locally owned & family-operated 'hometown
theater' for almost 100 Years!!
This weekend, I'm looking for you and you and...YOU!!
SkipTan.bmp- Skip Huston
STARTS AUGUST 14th!!
MRHposter.jpg
STARTS AUGUST 14th