[Avon-theatre-news] AVON THEATER NEWS---MAY 1st, 2015

AVON THEATER 3 Skip at theAvon.com
Thu Apr 30 12:25:43 EDT 2015

 AVENGERSlogo.JPG

 NEWSLETTERTOPPER.jpg

WEEK OF FRIDAY, MAY 1st thru THURSDAY,  MAY 7th ONLY!!
Check out our website at: www.TheAvon.com

 <https://www.facebook.com/TheAvonTheatre> FBlogo1.jpg
CLICK ABOVE TO GO TO OUR FUN FACEBOOK PAGE!!
+++++++++++++++++++++
OUR "QUICK LOOK" SHOWTIME GUIDE!!
HRSHOWSMAY1st.bmp
++++++++++++++++++++
AVENGERSbanner.jpg
AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON (PG13)  Action/Thriller  (2 hr 21 min --not
including 8 to 12 min of previews)
When Tony Stark jumpstarts a dormant peacekeeping program, things go awry
and Earth's Mightiest Heroes, including Iron Man, Captain America, Thor, The
Incredible Hulk, Black Widow and Hawkeye, are put to the ultimate test as
they battle to save the planet from destruction at the hands of the
villainous Ultron.
Exuberant and eye-popping, Avengers: Age of Ultron serves as a. satisfying
sequel, reuniting its predecessor's unwieldy cast with a few new additions
and a worthy foe.
AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON (PG13)
(Brackets denote $6.50 "Bargain Matinees")

FRI: (4:15) 2D or 3D - 7:30
SAT & SUN: (1:00) - (4:15) 2D or 3D - 7:30
MON thru THURS: 7:00
3D SHOWS: FRI, SAT & SUN: (4:15) NO EXTRA 3D CHARGE!!
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
AGEB.jpg
THE AGE OF ADALINE (PG13)   Fantasy/Romance  (1 hr 50 min --not including 8
to 12 min of previews)
After miraculously remaining 29 years old for almost eight decades, Adaline
Bowman (Blake Lively) has lived a solitary existence, never allowing herself
to get close to anyone who might reveal her secret. But a chance encounter
with charismatic philanthropist Ellis Jones (Michiel Huisman) reignites her
passion for life and romance. When a weekend with his parents (Harrison Ford
and Kathy Baker) threatens to uncover the truth, Adaline makes a decision
that will change her life forever.

THE AGE OF ADALINE (PG13)
(Brackets denote $6.50 "Bargain Matinees")

++++++++++++++++++++
DANNYquad.jpg

DANNY COLLINS (R)   Comedy/Drama  (1 hr 46 min --not including 8 to 12 min
of previews)
Al Pacino stars as aging 1970s rocker Danny Collins, who can't give up his
hard-living ways. But when his manager (Christopher Plummer) uncovers a 40
year-old undelivered letter written to him by John Lennon, he decides to
change course and embarks on a heartfelt journey to rediscover his family,
find true love and begin a second act.
Thanks to Al Pacino's stirring central performance - and excellent work from
an esteemed supporting cast -- Danny Collins manages to.deliver a heartfelt
tale of redemption.

DANNY COLLINS (R)
(Brackets denote $6.50 "Bargain Matinees")

FRI: 7:45
SAT & SUN: (1:45) - 7:45
MON thru THURS: 6:15
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

SkipTan.bmp

To 3D or not 3D??
Some of the arguments I've heard lately from customers against 3D come from
people who haven't seen 3D in several years, or whose only experience with
3D lately has caused headaches or blurred vision, not to mention those
outrageous extra charges!!

Well, let me make a few points here that really need to be made:

1.)           Our Avon Theater 3D has NO EXTRA CHARGES!

2.)           Our 3D is perfectly calibrated, and up to maximum brightness.
It's some of those "other guys" who don't maintain their 3D system properly.
Poor calibration or limited brightness will cause.voila!. Headaches and
blurred vision! We've NEVER had such complaints about the Avon's 3D. (We
hear it all the time about those theaters that charge a whopping extra
$3.50---or more--for their 3D!)

3.)           Some movies are best enjoyed in 3D! I can't imagine anyone
"getting" the movie GRAVITY without seeing it in 3D! Same goes for AVATAR,
THE LIFE OF PI & HUGO; all essential 3D films.

4.)           If you haven't seen 3D in a long time, you need to see how it
has changed. No more red and blue lens cardboard glasses, but nice plastic
clear lens frames that fit over existing glasses quite well. Plus the old
days of "pop out" 3D, like the 1950's films such as HOUSE OF WAX, have now
become more of an "immersion" experience than funny gimmicks.

This weekend is the ideal time to take 3D for a test drive with AVENGERS:
AGE OF ULTRON!

Come in and take a look (there is no extra charge at the Avon for 3D).

The Avon Theater has been YOUR locally owned & family-operated 'hometown
theater' for almost 100 Years!!
This weekend, I'm looking for you and you and...YOU!!
SkipJan31A.bmp- Skip Huston
HRReadersChoice2015.bmp