[Avon-theatre-news] AVON THEATER NEWS---SEPT. 19th, 2014

AVON THEATER 3 Skip at theAvon.com
Wed Sep 17 14:59:27 EDT 2014

WEEK OF FRIDAY, SEPT. 19th thru THURSDAY,  SEPT. 25th ONLY!!
Check out our NEW & REDESIGNED website at: www.TheAvon.com
 >>>Click this link: http://www.facebook.com/TheAvonTheatre
OUR "QUICK LOOK" SHOWTIME LIST!!

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++

THIS IS WHERE I LEAVE YOU (R) Comedy/Drama         (1hr 43 min--not including 8 to 12 min of previews)

The dramatic comedy "This is Where I Leave You" is directed by Shawn Levy, and based on the hilarious and poignant best-selling novel by Jonathan Tropper. It features a starring ensemble cast including Golden Globe winner Jason Bateman ("Arrested Development"); Golden Globe and Emmy Award winner Tina Fey ("30 Rock"); and two-time Oscar winner, multiple Golden Globe honoree and 2013 Emmy Award nominee Jane Fonda ("Klute," "Coming Home," HBO's "The Newsroom").
THIS IS WHERE I LEAVE YOU (R)
brackets denote $6.50 "Bargain Matinees")
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++

THE MAZE RUNNER (PG13)  Suspense/Action         (1hr 53 min--not including 8 to 12 min of previews)
When Thomas wakes up trapped in a massive maze with a group of other boys, he has no memory of the outside world other than strange dreams about a mysterious organization known as W.C.K.D. Only by piecing together fragments of his past with clues he discovers in the maze can Thomas hope to uncover his true purpose and a way to escape. Based upon the best-selling novel by James Dashner.
THE MAZE RUNNER (PG13)
brackets denote $6.50 "Bargain Matinees")
++++++++++++++++++++++

A TRIP TO ITALY    Comedy  1 hr 48 min hrs   (not including 8 to 12 min of previews)
In this witty and incisive film, comedians Steve Coogan and Rob Brydon-or semifictionalized versions thereof- have the pair on a culinary road trip, retracing the steps of the Romantic poets' grand tour of Italy and indulging in some sparkling banter and impersonation-offs. The characters enjoy mouthwatering meals in gorgeous settings from Liguria to Capri while riffing on subjects as varied as Batman's vocal register, the artistic merits of "Jagged Little Pill," and, of course, the virtue of sequels. Winterbottom trains his camera to capture the idyllic Italian landscape and the gastronomic treasures being prepared and consumed while keeping the film centered on the crackling chemistry between the two leads. The Trip to Italy effortlessly melds the brilliant comic interplay between Coogan and Brydon into quieter moments of self-reflection, letting audiences into their insightful ruminations on the nuances of friendship and the juggling of family and career.
A TRIP TO ITALY
(Showtimes in brackets denote $6.50 "Bargain Matinees")
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++

And so the Fall/Winter movie season begins!!
(And not a moment too soon, I might add!)

We've got something for everyone this weekend, with dysfunctional family comedy in THIS IS WHERE I LEAVE YOU, action & adventure in THE MAZE RUNNER, and for that loyal Avon arthouse crowd: A TRIP TO ITALY.

Looking at what's coming up, with powerhouse films like GONE GIRL, THE JUDGE, INTERSTELLAR, the latest entry of THE HUNGER GAMES series, and so on, and so on...
Maybe the Fall/Winter line-up can atone for Hollywood really letting us down this summer!!

But, let's face it, Summer 2014 was a pretty big dud all around!
What we know as "summer weather" really never arrived for more than a few days.

A hot-weather fan like me, is ready to let it go and get on with my 2nd favorite time of year: Fall!
(And let's hope all those doomsayers out there spreading hoo-hah about how THIS Winter weather will be worse than last are just fulla boloney!)

So, dear Avon fans, I say: ONWARD!!
The Avon Theater has been YOUR 'hometown theater' for almost 100 Years!!
This weekend, I'm looking for you and you and...YOU!!
-Skip Huston

THIS INCREDIBLE PROMOTION IS STILL GOING ON NOW...
-TUESDAYS UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE!!