[Avon-theatre-news] AVON THEATER NEWS---OCT. 10th, 2014

AVON THEATER 3 Skip at theAvon.com
Wed Oct 8 13:24:18 EDT 2014

STARTS FRI, OCT. 10th!!
"Perfect for the Avon crowd!!"

WEEK OF FRIDAY, OCT. 10th thru THURSDAY,  OCT. 16th ONLY!!
Check out our NEW & REDESIGNED website at: www.TheAvon.com
 >>>Click this link: http://www.facebook.com/TheAvonTheatre
OUR "QUICK LOOK" SHOWTIME LIST!!

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++

THE JUDGE (R) Drama         (2hr 21 min--not including 8 to 12 min of previews)

In "The Judge," Robert Downey Jr. stars as big city lawyer Hank Palmer, who returns to his childhood home where his estranged father, the town's judge (Robert Duvall), is suspected of murder. He sets out to discover the truth and along the way reconnects with the family he walked away from years before.
THE JUDGE (R)
brackets denote $6.50 "Bargain Matinees")
MON (Columbus Day): (4:00) - 7:15
TUES thru THURS: 7:15
++++++++++++++++++++++++++

GONE GIRL (R) Drama         (2 hr 29 min--not including 8 to 12 min of previews)
GONE GIRL - directed by David Fincher and based upon the global bestseller by Gillian Flynn - unearths the secrets at the heart of a modern marriage. On the occasion of his fifth wedding anniversary, Nick Dunne (Ben Affleck) reports that his beautiful wife, Amy (Rosamund Pike), has gone missing. Under pressure from the police and a growing media frenzy, Nick's portrait of a blissful union begins to crumble. Soon his lies, deceits and strange behavior have everyone asking the same dark question: Did Nick Dunne kill his wife?
GONE GIRL (R)
brackets denote $6.50 "Bargain Matinees")
MON (Columbus Day): (3:15) - 6:30
TUES, WED & THURS: 6:30
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++

MY OLD LADY (PG13)  Comedy/Drama         (1hr 47 min--not including 8 to 12 min of previews)
Mathias Gold (Kevin Kline) is a down-on-his-luck New Yorker who inherits a Parisian apartment from his estranged father. But when he arrives in France to sell the vast domicile, he's shocked to discover a live-in tenant who is not prepared to budge. His apartment is a viager - an ancient French real estate system with complex rules pertaining to its resale - and the feisty Englishwoman Mathilde Girard (Maggie Smith), who has lived in the apartment with her daughter Chloé (Kristin Scott Thomas) for many years, can by contract collect monthly payments from Mathias until her death.

" Kevin Kline and Maggie Smith carry the film capably whenever they're together onscreen."

MY OLD LADY (PG13)
(Brackets denote $6.50 "Bargain Matinees")
FRI:  (4:30) - 7:30
SAT & SUN: (1:30) - (4:30) - 7:30
MON (Columbus Day): (3:30) - 6:30
TUES & WED: 6:30
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++

LOTS of October stuff still coming!!

+ On FRI and SAT, Oct 10th & 11th and Oct. 17th & 18th, we have our annual FREE Halloween movies at 10:30 PM. These will (mostly) all be "family
 friendly". First round is here>>>>>

+ On FRI and SAT, Oct. 24th and 25th at MIDNIGHT, we will have our famous ROCKY HORROR PICTURE SHOW on our stage, and on our screen! The Millikin Shadow Cast will perform the movie while it is playing. Prop bags are sold on the premises, and costumes are definitely requested!! All Seats $10 (No Passes Please). This is NOT, I repeat NOT, "family friendly".

+ On Oct. 31st, HALLOWEEN NIGHT, our favorite Spookmeister, the famed author and former Decaturite TROY TAYLOR, will present a live seance on our stage to try and contact the spirit of Houdini! (And there may be plenty of other spirits who decide to say "Howdy" as well!) You can get ticket info by going to: www.HauntedDecatur.com

And, there is still MORE that hasn't been announced yet!!

We hope you will join us!!
The Avon Theater has been YOUR locally owned & operated 'hometown theater' for almost 100 Years!!
This weekend, I'm looking for you and you and...YOU!!
-Skip Huston

THIS INCREDIBLE DEAL IS STILL GOING ON NOW...
-TUESDAYS UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE!!