[Avon-theatre-news] AVON THEATER NEWS---OCT. 3rd, 2014

AVON THEATER 3 Skip at theAvon.com
Wed Oct 1 20:45:58 EDT 2014

WEEK OF FRIDAY, OCT. 3rd thru THURSDAY,  OCT. 8th ONLY!!
Check out our NEW & REDESIGNED website at: www.TheAvon.com
 >>>Click this link: http://www.facebook.com/TheAvonTheatre
OUR "QUICK LOOK" SHOWTIME LIST!!

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++

GONE GIRL (R) Drama         (2 hr 29 min--not including 8 to 12 min of previews)

GONE GIRL - directed by David Fincher and based upon the global bestseller by Gillian Flynn - unearths the secrets at the heart of a modern marriage. On the occasion of his fifth wedding anniversary, Nick Dunne (Ben Affleck) reports that his beautiful wife, Amy (Rosamund Pike), has gone missing. Under pressure from the police and a growing media frenzy, Nick's portrait of a blissful union begins to crumble. Soon his lies, deceits and strange behavior have everyone asking the same dark question: Did Nick Dunne kill his wife?
GONE GIRL (R)
brackets denote $6.50 "Bargain Matinees")
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++

THIS IS WHERE I LEAVE YOU (R) Comedy/Drama         (1hr 43 min--not including 8 to 12 min of previews)

The dramatic comedy "This is Where I Leave You" is directed by Shawn Levy, and based on the hilarious and poignant best-selling novel by Jonathan Tropper. It features a starring ensemble cast including Golden Globe winner Jason Bateman ("Arrested Development"); Golden Globe and Emmy Award winner Tina Fey ("30 Rock"); and two-time Oscar winner, multiple Golden Globe honoree and 2013 Emmy Award nominee Jane Fonda ("Klute," "Coming Home," HBO's "The Newsroom").
THIS IS WHERE I LEAVE YOU (R)
brackets denote $6.50 "Bargain Matinees")
MON thru WED: 7:00 (ENDS WEDNESDAY!!
++++++++++++++++++++++++++

THE MAZE RUNNER (PG13)  Suspense/Action         (1hr 53 min--not including 8 to 12 min of previews)
When Thomas wakes up trapped in a massive maze with a group of other boys, he has no memory of the outside world other than strange dreams about a mysterious organization known as W.C.K.D. Only by piecing together fragments of his past with clues he discovers in the maze can Thomas hope to uncover his true purpose and a way to escape. Based upon the best-selling novel by James Dashner.
THE MAZE RUNNER (PG13)
brackets denote $6.50 "Bargain Matinees")
SUN: (2:00) - (5:00) (ENDS SUNDAY!!)

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++

What an October we have for you!

+ Starting on Oct. 10th, Robert Duvall and Robert Downey, Jr. star in THE JUDGE

+ Also starting Oct. 10th: Maggie Smith and Kevin Kline in MY OLD LADY

+ On FRI and SAT, Oct 10th & 11th and Oct. 17th & 18th, we have our annual FREE Halloween movies at 10:30 PM. These will (mostly) all be "family friendly", and the schedule will be announced soon!

+ On FRI and SAT, Oct. 24th and 25th at MIDNIGHT, we will have our famous ROCKY HORROR PICTURE SHOW on our stage, and on our screen! The Millikin Shadow Cast will perform the movie while it is playing. Prop bags are sold on the premises, and costumes are definitely requested!! All Seats $10 (No Passes Please). This is NOT, I repeat NOT, "family friendly".

+ On Oct. 31st, HALLOWEEN NIGHT, our favorite Spookmeister, the famed author and former Decaturite TROY TAYLOR, will present a live seance on our stage to try and contact the spirit of Houdini! (And there may be plenty of other spirits who decide to say "Howdy" as well!) You can get ticket info by going to: www.HauntedDecatur.com

Soooooo, whatta October, huh?
And, there is still MORE that hasn't been announced yet!!

We hope you will join us!!
The Avon Theater has been YOUR 'hometown theater' for almost 100 Years!!
This weekend, I'm looking for you and you and...YOU!!
-Skip Huston

THIS INCREDIBLE DEAL IS STILL GOING ON NOW...
-TUESDAYS UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE!!

BOTH START FRIDAY, OCT. 10th!!