[Avon-theatre-news] AVON THEATER NEWS---NOV. 21st, 2014

AVON THEATER 3 Skip at theAvon.com
Thu Nov 20 13:34:34 EST 2014

 STARTS TONIGHT, NOV. 20th at 8:00 PM ONLY!!
                    One of the Year's BIGGEST!!

    MOCKINGquad.jpg
NEWSLETTERTOPPER.jpg

WEEK OF FRIDAY, NOV. 21st thru THURSDAY,  NOV. 27th ONLY!!
Check out our NEW & REDESIGNED website at: www.TheAvon.com

FBtiny.bmp >>>Click this link: http://www.facebook.com/TheAvonTheatre
OUR "QUICK LOOK" SHOWTIME GUIDE!!
SHOWS1121.JPG

+++++++++++++++++++++
HUNGERposter.jpg

The Hunger Games 3: MOCKINGJAY (PT 1) (PG13)   Action/Adventure  (2 hr 3
min--not including 8 to 12 min of previews)
The worldwide phenomenon of The Hunger Games continues to set the world on
fire with The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 1, which finds Katniss
Everdeen (Jennifer Lawrence) in District 13 after she literally shatters the
games forever. Under the leadership of President Coin (Julianne Moore) and
the advice of her trusted friends, Katniss spreads her wings as she fights
to save Peeta (Josh Hutcherson) and a nation moved by her courage. The
Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 1 is directed by Francis Lawrence from a
screenplay by Danny Strong and Peter Craig and produced by Nina Jacobson's
Color Force in tandem with producer Jon Kilik. The novel on which the film
is based is the third in a trilogy written by Suzanne Collins that has over
65 million copies in print in the U.S. alone.

The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 1 sets up the franchise finale with a
penultimate chapter loaded with tension, solid performances, and smart
political subtext.

The Hunger Games 3: MOCKINGJAY (PT 1) (PG13)
ADVANCE PREMIERE THURS, NOV. 20th at 8:00 PM ONLY!!
(Brackets denote $6.50 "Bargain Matinees")
MON, TUES & WED: 8:00 PM
THURS, Thanksgiving Day, (5:00) - 8:00
+++++++++++++++++++++
INTERSTELLARposter.jpg
INTERSTELLAR (PG13)  Adventure / Drama  (1 hr 59 min --not including 8 to 12
min of previews)

With our time on Earth coming to an end, a team of explorers undertakes the
most important mission in human history; traveling beyond this galaxy to
discover whether mankind has a future among the stars.

 Interstellar represents more of the thrilling, thought-provoking, and
visually resplendent filmmaking moviegoers have come to expect from
writer-director Christopher Nolan.
Oscar Winner Matthew McConaughey may be in the winner's circle again this
year for this incredible movie!!

INTERSTELLAR (PG13)
(Brackets denote $6.50 "Bargain Matinees")
FRI & SAT: (3:15) - 7:00
SUN: (3:15)
MON & TUES: 7:00

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++
STVposterB.jpg

St. VINCENT (PG13)   Comedy  (1 hr 43 min--not including 8 to 12 min of
previews)
Maggie (McCarthy), a single mother, moves into a new home in Brooklyn with
her 12-year old son, Oliver (Lieberher). Forced to work long hours, she has
no choice but to leave Oliver in the care of their new neighbor, Vincent
(Murray), a retired curmudgeon with a penchant for alcohol and gambling. An
odd friendship soon blossoms between the improbable pair. Together with a
pregnant stripper named Daka (Watts), Vincent brings Oliver along on all the
stops that make up his daily routine - the race track, a strip club, and the
local dive bar. Vincent helps Oliver grow to become a man, while Oliver
begins to see in Vincent something that no one else is able to: a
misunderstood man with a good heart.

St. VINCENT (PG13)
(Brackets denote $6.50 "Bargain Matinees")
MON & TUES: 7:00

+++++++++++++++++++++
PENGUINSposter.jpg

PENGUINS OF MADAGASCAR (PG)   Family  (1 hr 32 min--not including 8 to 12
min of previews)

Super spy teams aren't born...they're hatched. Discover the secrets of the
greatest and most hilarious covert birds in the global espionage biz:
Skipper, Kowalski, Rico and Private. These elitists of the elite are joining
forces with a chic undercover organization, The North Wind. Led by handsome
and husky Agent Classified (we could tell you his name, but then...you
know), voiced by Benedict Cumberbatch. Together, they must stop the
villainous Dr. Octavius Brine, voiced by John Malkovich, from destroying the
world as we know it.

PENGUINS OF MADAGASCAR (PG)
WED: 7:00 PM
THURS, Thanksgiving Day, (4:00) - 7:00
(REGULAR SHOWINGS START FRIDAY, NOV. 28th)
+++++++++++++++++++++
HORRIBLEbanner.jpg

HORRIBLE BOSSES 2 (R)   Comedy  (1 hr 48 min --not including 8 to 12 min of
previews)

The follow-up to the 2011 hit comedy "Horrible Bosses" reunites Jason
Bateman, Charlie Day and Jason Sudeikis as everyone's favorite working
stiffs: Nick, Dale and Kurt. Jennifer Aniston ("We're the Millers"), and
Oscar (R) winners Jamie Foxx ("Ray") and Kevin Spacey ("American Beauty,"
"The Usual Suspects") also reprise their "Horrible Bosses" starring roles,
while Chris Pine ("Star Trek: Into Darkness") and Oscar (R) winner Christoph
Waltz ("Django Unchained," "Inglourious Basterds") star as new adversaries
standing between the guys and their dreams of success.

HORRIBLE BOSSES 2 (R)
WED: 7:15 PM
THURS, Thanksgiving Day, (4:15) - 7:15
(REGULAR SHOWINGS START FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 28th)
+++++++++++++++++++++
Skip&Marquee.jpg

THE SECRET MOVIE PASS SALE---PART 2
We had a pre-season sale last weekend of our 4 movie pass for only $20, and
it was only announced on our FaceBook page and to the newsletter
subscribers.

IT WAS A SELL-OUT!!
So, this FRI, SAT & SUN, we will have one more pre-season sale of the 4
movie pass!!
We had to turn a lot away when we sold out last weekend, so here ya' go!

NOTE: This will be the LAST pre-season sale of our movie passes.
After this weekend, we will set the regular prices (which are still a good
deal!).

THIS FRI, SAT & SUN ONLY: Our 4 Movie Pass only $20!! While supplies last!!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

The Avon Theater has been YOUR locally owned & operated 'hometown theater'
for almost 100 Years!!
This weekend, I'm looking for you and you and...YOU!!
SkipTan.bmp-Skip Huston
++++++++++++++++++++

THIS INCREDIBLE DEAL IS STILL GOING ON NOW...
-TUESDAYS UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE!!

FBTightwad.JPG

We found out yesterday that there is a new book just out called
"LEGENDARY LOCALS OF DECATUR" by the Herald & Review's Huey Freeman, and I
am in it!!

It's for sale at Haines & Essicks and on Amazon.com
Here is the picture from my chapter:

SKIPANDGIRLS.JPG
Co-Manager Bridget Spitzer, The Head Honcho, and Team Leader Megan Markwell
(Honcho's niece)