[Avon-theatre-news] AVON THEATER NEWS---MARCH 28th, 2014

AVON THEATER 3 Skip at theAvon.com
Thu Mar 27 12:35:01 EDT 2014

EARLY PREMIERE THURSDAY, APRIL 3rd at 8:00 PM ONLY!!

WEEK OF FRIDAY, MARCH 28th thru THURSDAY,  APRIL 3rd  ONLY!!
Check out our funky-chic website at: www.TheAvon.com
 >>>Click this link: http://www.facebook.com/TheAvonTheatre

OUR "QUICK LOOK" SHOWTIME PANEL!!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

THE GRAND BUDAPEST HOTEL (R)   Comedy 1 hr 40 min  (not including 8 to 12 min of previews)
THE GRAND BUDAPEST HOTEL recounts the adventures of Gustave H, a legendary concierge at a famous European hotel between the wars, and Zero Moustafa, the lobby boy who becomes his most trusted friend. The story involves the theft and recovery of a priceless Renaissance painting and the battle for an enormous family fortune -- all against the back-drop ofa suddenly and dramatically changing Continent.
Typically stylish but deceptively thoughtful, The Grand Budapest Hotel finds Wes Anderson once again using ornate visual environments to explore deeply emotional ideas.
THE GRAND BUDAPEST HOTEL (R)
(Showtimes in brackets denote $6.50 "Bargain Matinees")
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

MUPPETS MOST WANTED (PG)  Family / Comedy  1 hrs. 42 min  (not including 8 to 12 min of previews)
Disney's "Muppets Most Wanted" takes the entire Muppets gang on a global tour, selling out grand theaters in some of Europe's most exciting destinations, including Berlin, Madrid, Dublin and London. But mayhem follows the Muppets overseas, as they find themselves unwittingly entangled in an international crime caper headed by Constantine-the World's Number One Criminal and a dead ringer for Kermit the Frog-and his dastardly sidekick Dominic, aka Number Two, portrayed by Ricky Gervais. The film stars Tina Fey as Nadya, a feisty prison guard, and Ty Burrell as Interpol agent Jean Pierre Napoleon.
MUPPETS MOST WANTED (PG)
(Showtimes in brackets denote $6.50 "Bargain Matinees")
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

DIVERGENT (PG13)  Action / Adventure 2 hr. 19 min  (not including 8 to 12 min of previews)
DIVERGENT is a thrilling action-adventure film set in a world where people are divided into distinct factions based on human virtues. Tris Prior (Shailene Woodley) is warned she is Divergent and will never fit into any one group. When she discovers a conspiracy by a faction leader (Kate Winslet) to destroy all Divergents, Tris must learn to trust in the mysterious Four (Theo James) and together they must find out what makes being Divergent so dangerous before it's too late. Based on the best-selling book series by Veronica Roth.
DIVERGENT (PG13)
(Showtimes in brackets denote $6.50 "Bargain Matinees")
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

CAPTAIN AMERICA: The Winter Soldier (PG13)  Action/Adventure 2 hr 16 min  (not including 8 to 12 min of previews)

Steve Rogers continues his journey as the super-powered American soldier who's grasping to find his place in a modern world after being frozen in ice since WWII with this Marvel Studios sequel. Chris Evans returns to star, with Community director/producers Joe and Anthony Russo helming.
CAPTAIN AMERICA: The Winter Soldier (PG13)
(Showtimes in brackets denote $6.50 "Bargain Matinees")
THURSDAY EARLY PREMIERE!! 8:00 PM ONLY!!
(Next Week's Showtimes To Be Announced)
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Mr. & Mrs. Head Honcho last summer
If all of you could witness the politics that happen behind-the-scenes of operating the Avon, you would understand why I compete so relentlessly against the "other guys" .
We truly have a "David and Goliath" scenario there, but I don't want to sound like a whiner every time they pull their usual brand of tricks...

My main frustration is we only have 3 screens against "their" 22.
That limits us in the movies we can play, and it creates a situation wherein many of you are forced to attend those other 2 theaters in order to see what you want.

If we had even just 2 screens more, I think the "other guys" would hate us even more than they do now! (If that's possible!)

And WHY do the "other guys" hate the Avon?
* Because we try to keep prices for tickets and concessions down?
* Because we won't tolerate cell phones, texting or disruptive behavior?
* Because we are locally-owned, so we KNOW we have to try harder to please you?
* Because we frequently OUT-SELL them on some movies?
* Because our quality and value on concessions is so much superior?
* Because our popcorn makes theirs look like hog-feed?
* Because have been voted the #1 "Best Place to See a Movie" for NINE YEARS IN A ROW?
...and on and on and on...

That's a lot of "becauses"!!

Just remember: The Avon is the only thing keeping "them" from raising their prices even more!
If we weren't around...the mind boggles at what they'd try to do!
(If you catch my drift)
BUY AND SPEND LOCALLY!!
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Come See Us this Weekend!!
The corn is popping; the REAL butter is melting; and we're looking for YOU!!
-Skip Huston
NO DOUBT ABOUT IT...
THE GREATEST CAST ON EARTH!!!

JULY 2013.