[Avon-theatre-news] AVON THEATER NEWS---JUNE 20th, 2014

AVON THEATER 3 Skip at theAvon.com
Thu Jun 19 12:45:22 EDT 2014

WEEK OF FRIDAY, JUNE 20th thru THURSDAY,  JUNE 26th ONLY!!
Check out our funky-chic website at: www.TheAvon.com
 >>>Click this link: http://www.facebook.com/TheAvonTheatre
OUR NEW "QUICK LOOK" SHOWTIME PANEL!!

 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++

JERSEY BOYS (R)   Musical Biogtaphy 2 hr 14  min  (not including 8 to 12 min of previews)

Clint Eastwood's big screen version of the Tony Award-winning musical tells the story of the four young men from the wrong side of the tracks in New Jersey who came together to form the iconic `60s rock group The Four Seasons. Their trials and triumphs are accompanied by the hit songs that influenced a generation, and are now being embraced by a new generation of fans through the stage musical.
JERSEY BOYS (R)
(Showtimes in brackets denote $6.50 "Bargain Matinees")
(No Thurs Showing due to Special Event)
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

THE IMMIGRANT (R)   Drama 2 hrs  (not including 8 to 12 min of previews)
In James Gray's THE IMMIGRANT, Ewa Cybulski (Marion Cotillard) and her sister sail to New York from their native Poland in search of a new start and the American dream. When they reach Ellis Island, doctors discover that Magda (Angela Sarafyan) is ill, and the two women are separated. Ewa is released onto the mean streets of Manhattan while her sister is quarantined. Alone, with nowhere to turn and desperate to reunite with Magda, Ewa quickly falls prey to Bruno (Joaquin Phoenix), a charming but wicked man who takes her in and forces her into prostitution. The arrival of Orlando (Jeremy Renner) - a dashing stage magician who is also Bruno's cousin - restores her self-belief and hopes for a brighter future, becoming her only chance to escape the nightmare in which she finds herself.
Beautiful visuals, James Gray's confident direction, and a powerful performance from Marion Cotillard combine to make The Immigrant a richly rewarding period drama
THE IMMIGRANT (R)
(Showtimes in brackets denote $6.50 "Bargain Matinees
(No Thurs Showing due to Special Event)
++++++++++++++++++++++

HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON 2 (PG)   Family/ Comedy 1 hr 45 min  (not including 8 to 12 min of previews)

DreamWorks Animation returns to the world of dragons and Vikings in this sequel to their successful 2010 outing How to Train Your Dragon. The original film followed the exploits of a Viking chief's son, who must capture a dragon in order to mark his passage into manhood and prove his worthiness to the tribe.
HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON 2 (PG)
(Showtimes in brackets denote $6.50 "Bargain Matinees")

(No Thurs Showing due to Special Event)
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++
ADVANCE SHOW THURS, JUNE 26th at 9:00 PM ONLY!!!
3D or 2D---YOUR CHOICE!!
NO EXTRA CHARGE FOR 3D!!

TRANSFORMERS: Age of Extinction (PG13)   Adventure/ Action 2 hr 37  min  (not including 8 to 12 min of previews)
The Transformers film series continues with this fourth entry from director Michael Bay and executive producer Steven Spielberg. Mark Wahlberg and Jack Reynor star.
TRANSFORMERS: Age of Extinction (PG13)
(Showtimes in brackets denote $6.50 "Bargain Matinees")
THURS, June 26th: 9:00 PM ONLY!!
3D or 2D YOUR CHOICE!! BUT...NO EXTRA 3D CHARGE!!
(Next Week's Showtimes To Be Announced!)
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I know, I know...It happens every summer...
We get loaded up with what Hollywood calls "tentpoles", and that means the 'Avon movies' our loyal patrons look for are few and far between.
I feel your pain, believe me!
Well...gues what?
THIS summer I decided to take the bull by the horns and wrangle in more of those beloved 'Avon movies', so we can see "our" Avon people again!!!!
Starting this weekend with the excellent THE IMMIGRANT, and in future weeks with Pierce Brosnan and Emma Thompson in THE LOVE PUNCH, and Michael Douglas and Diane Keaton in AND SO IT GOES, then in August with Helen Mirren in THE 100 FOOT JOURNEY

Then, also this weekend the movie of the Broadway sensation JERSEY BOYS!!
(A movie the Hollywood smarty-pants have sniffed at because it "skews to older people" Give me a break! What clueless morons!)

So...remember: We can't bring in these 'Avon movies' if YOU don't support them!
If you don't want to see Planet of the Apes Part 57, send a message by coming to see THE IMMIGRANT or JERSEY BOYS or THE LOVE PUNCH and the others I just detailed to you!
I'm counting on you!
The Avon Theater, your HOMETOWN theater, is waiting!!
I'm looking for you and you and...YOU!!
-Skip Huston

THIS INCREDIBLE PROMOTION IS GOING ON NOW...
-AND TUESDAYS ALL SUMMER!!