[Avon-theatre-news] AVON THEATER NEWS---JUNE 6th, 2014

AVON THEATER 3 Skip at theAvon.com
Thu Jun 5 11:24:18 EDT 2014

STARTS TONIGHT (THURSDAY, MAY 29th) AT 9:00 PM!!
One of the most anticipated films of the Summer!

WEEK OF FRIDAY, JUNE 6th thru THURSDAY,  JUNE 12th ONLY!!
Check out our groovy website at: www.TheAvon.com
 >>>Click this link: http://www.facebook.com/TheAvonTheatre

OUR NEW "QUICK LOOK" SHOWTIME PANEL!!

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

ADVANCE SHOWING!! THURS, JUNE 5th at 9:00 PM ONLY!!

THE FAULT IN OUR STARS (PG13)   Drama/ Comedy 2 hr 5 min  (not including 8 to 12 min of previews)

Hazel and Gus are two extraordinary teenagers who share an acerbic wit, a disdain for the conventional, and a love that sweeps them - and us - on an unforgettable journey. Their relationship is all the more miraculous, given that they met and fell in love at a cancer support group. THE FAULT IN OUR STARS, based upon the number-one bestselling novel by John Green, explores the funny, thrilling and tragic business of being alive and in love.
THE FAULT IN OUR STARS (PG13)
(Showtimes in brackets denote $6.50 "Bargain Matinees")
THURS, MAY 5th: 9:00
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++

MALEFICENT (PG)   Adventure/ family 1 hr 37  min  (not including 8 to 12 min of previews)

"MALEFICENT" explores the untold story of Disney's most iconic villain from the classic "Sleeping Beauty" and the elements of her betrayal that ultimately turn her pure heart to stone. Driven by revenge and a fierce desire to protect the moors over which she presides, MALEFICENT cruelly places an irrevocable curse upon the human king's newborn infant Aurora. As the child grows, Aurora is caught in the middle of the seething conflict between the forest kingdom she has grown to love and the human kingdom that holds her legacy. MALEFICENT realizes that Aurora may hold the key to peace in the land and is forced to take drastic actions that will change both worlds forever.
MALEFICENT (PG)
(Showtimes in brackets denote $6.50 "Bargain Matinees")
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++

The ultimate X-Men ensemble fights a war for the survival of the species across two time periods in X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST. The beloved characters from the original "X-Men" film trilogy join forces with their younger selves from the past, "X-Men: First Class," in order to change a major historical event and fight in an epic battle that could save our future.
(Showtimes in brackets denote $6.50 "Bargain Matinees")
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++
ADVANCE SHOWING!! THURS, JUNE 12th at 8:00 PM ONLY!!
3D or 2D---YOUR CHOICE!!
BUT---NO EXTRA CHARGE FOR 3D ON THURS, JUNE 12th!

HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON 2 (PG)   Family/ Comedy 1 hr 45 min  (not including 8 to 12 min of previews)

DreamWorks Animation returns to the world of dragons and Vikings in this sequel to their successful 2010 outing How to Train Your Dragon. The original film followed the exploits of a Viking chief's son, who must capture a dragon in order to mark his passage into manhood and prove his worthiness to the tribe.
HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON 2 (PG)
(Showtimes in brackets denote $6.50 "Bargain Matinees")
THURS, MAY 12th: 8:00 (3D or 2D---YOUR CHOICE!!)
(NEXT WEEK'S SHOWTIMES TO BE ANNOUNCED)
++++++++++++++++++++++

SUMMER "OVERLOOKED FILMS" CLASSES START THURSDAY, JUNE 12th!!
If you haven't signed-up for my Summer "Overlooked Films" classes, please do so soon!
Classes start on Thursday, June 12th at 6:30 (at the Avon) and go every Thursday until July 31st.

Cost is only $80, and is payable with cash or credit card directly at the Avon box-office, or...If you are mailing a check, make it out to:
Theater Management Group, LLC and do NOT mail to the theater, but mail to our main office at:
+++++++++++++++++++++
Theater Management Group, LLC
130 S. Austin Ave.
Decatur, Il 62522
+++++++++++++++++++++
Remember: These classes are NOT through Richland like previous years!
We are handling them directly for now.

I've been agonizing over the proposed class list of "Overlooked Films" (both new and older) for the past 6 months, and I think this may be the best line-up in the past 14 years of doing these classes!

I hope to see ALL of YOU in film class!!
The Avon Theater, your HOMETOWN theater, is waiting!!
I'm looking for you and you and...YOU!!
-Skip Huston

I've always thought this stylized pic called
"The Avon at 3 AM" was really cool.