[Avon-theatre-news] AVON THEATER NEWS---JULY 25th, 2014

AVON THEATER 3 Skip at theAvon.com
Wed Jul 23 12:46:46 EDT 2014

THIS "AVON MOVIE" STARTS FRIDAY!!

WEEK OF FRIDAY, JULY 25th thru THURSDAY,  JULY 31st ONLY!!
Check out our NEW & REDESIGNED website at: www.TheAvon.com
 >>>Click this link: http://www.facebook.com/TheAvonTheatre
OUR "QUICK LOOK" SHOWTIME PANEL!!

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++

AND SO IT GOES (PG13)   Adult Comedy 1 hr 34 min  (not including 8 to 12 min of previews)
There are a million reasons not to like realtor Oren Little (Michael Douglas), and that's just the way he likes it. Willfully obnoxious to anyone who might cross his path, he wants nothing more than to sell one last house and retire in peace and quiet -- until his estranged son suddenly drops off a granddaughter (Sterling Jerins) he never knew existed and turns his life upside-down. Clueless about how to care for a sweet, abandoned nine-year-old, he pawns her off on his determined and lovable neighbor Leah (Diane Keaton) and tries to resume his life uninterrupted. But little by little, Oren stubbornly learns to open his heart - to his family, to Leah, and to life itself - in this uplifting comedy from acclaimed director Rob Reiner.
AND SO IT GOES (PG13)
(Showtimes in brackets denote $6.50 "Bargain Matinees")
++++++++++++++++++++++

BEGIN AGAIN (R)    Drama/Music/Comedy 1 hr 41 min  (not including 8 to 12 min of previews)
The latest film from writer-director John Carney (ONCE), BEGIN AGAIN is a soul-stirring comedy about what happens when lost souls meet and make beautiful music together. Gretta (Keira Knightley) and her long-time boyfriend Dave (Adam Levine) are college sweethearts and songwriting partners who decamp for New York when he lands a deal with a major label. But the trappings of his new-found fame soon tempt Dave to stray, and a reeling, lovelorn Gretta is left on her own. Her world takes a turn for the better when Dan (Mark Ruffalo), a disgraced record-label exec, stumbles upon her performing on an East Village stage and is immediately captivated by her raw talent. From this chance encounter emerges an enchanting portrait of a mutually transformative collaboration, set to the soundtrack of a summer in New York City.
Writer-director John Carney's return to musical drama....thanks to charming work from its well-matched leads, Begin Again is difficult to resist!!
BEGIN AGAIN (R)
(Showtimes in brackets denote $6.50 "Bargain Matinees")
++++++++++++++++++++++

CHEF (R)   Comedy 1 hr 55 min  (not including 8 to 12 min of previews)

Chef Carl Casper (Jon Favreau) suddenly quits his job at a prominent Los Angeles restaurant after refusing to compromise his creative integrity for its controlling owner (Dustin Hoffman), he is left to figure out what's next. Finding himself in Miami, he teams up with his ex-wife (Sofia Vergara), his friend (John Leguizamo) and his son to launch a food truck. Taking to the road, Chef Carl goes back to his roots to reignite his passion for the kitchen -- and zest for life and love.
Chef's ensemble cast includes Dustin Hoffman, Robert Downey, Jr. and Scarlett Johansson!!
Chef's charming cast and sharp, funny script add enough spice to make this feel-good comedy a flavorful treat!!
CHEF (R)
(Showtimes in brackets denote $6.50 "Bargain Matinees")

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Its hard to believe my summer "Overlooked Films" classes are almost over!
It seems like only yesterday I was announcing I would start doing my classes again.
Now, over 50 of you have enjoyed the summer watching and discussing movies every Thursday night.

WELL...I'm thinking about resuming my very popular "AMERICANA AT THE MOVIES" series this Fall!

I'll let you know more details as they progress.
The Avon Theater has been YOUR 'hometown theater' for almost 100 Years!!
This weekend, I'm looking for you and you and...YOU!!
-Skip Huston

THIS INCREDIBLE PROMOTION IS GOING ON NOW...
-TUESDAYS ALL SUMMER!!