[Avon-theatre-news] AVON THEATER NEWS---JULY18th, 2014

AVON THEATER 3 Skip at theAvon.com
Wed Jul 16 10:55:42 EDT 2014

BOTH OF THESE "AVON MOVIES" START FRIDAY!!

WEEK OF FRIDAY, JULY 18th thru THURSDAY,  JULY 24th ONLY!!
Check out our NEW & REDESIGNED website at: www.TheAvon.com
 >>>Click this link: http://www.facebook.com/TheAvonTheatre

OUR "QUICK LOOK" SHOWTIME PANEL!!

++++++++++++++++++++++

BEGIN AGAIN (R)    Drama/Music/Comedy 1 hr 41 min  (not including 8 to 12 min of previews)

The latest film from writer-director John Carney (ONCE), BEGIN AGAIN is a soul-stirring comedy about what happens when lost souls meet and make beautiful music together. Gretta (Keira Knightley) and her long-time boyfriend Dave (Adam Levine) are college sweethearts and songwriting partners who decamp for New York when he lands a deal with a major label. But the trappings of his new-found fame soon tempt Dave to stray, and a reeling, lovelorn Gretta is left on her own. Her world takes a turn for the better when Dan (Mark Ruffalo), a disgraced record-label exec, stumbles upon her performing on an East Village stage and is immediately captivated by her raw talent. From this chance encounter emerges an enchanting portrait of a mutually transformative collaboration, set to the soundtrack of a summer in New York City.
Writer-director John Carney's return to musical drama....thanks to charming work from its well-matched leads, Begin Again is difficult to resist!!
BEGIN AGAIN (R)
(Showtimes in brackets denote $6.50 "Bargain Matinees")
++++++++++++++++++++++

CHEF (R)   Comedy 1 hr 55 min  (not including 8 to 12 min of previews)

Chef Carl Casper (Jon Favreau) suddenly quits his job at a prominent Los Angeles restaurant after refusing to compromise his creative integrity for its controlling owner (Dustin Hoffman), he is left to figure out what's next. Finding himself in Miami, he teams up with his ex-wife (Sofia Vergara), his friend (John Leguizamo) and his son to launch a food truck. Taking to the road, Chef Carl goes back to his roots to reignite his passion for the kitchen -- and zest for life and love.
Chef's ensemble cast includes Dustin Hoffman, Robert Downey, Jr. and Scarlett Johansson!!
Chef's charming cast and sharp, funny script add enough spice to make this feel-good comedy a flavorful treat!!
CHEF (R)
(Showtimes in brackets denote $6.50 "Bargain Matinees")
MON,TUES & WED: 7:15
 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++
FINAL WEEK!! HURRY!!

TAMMY (R)   Adult Comedy 1 hr 36 min  (not including 8 to 12 min of previews)
Tammy (Melissa McCarthy) is having a bad day. She's totaled her clunker car, gotten fired from her thankless job at a greasy burger joint and, instead of finding comfort at home, finds her husband getting comfortable with the neighbor in her own house. It's time to take her boom box and book it. The bad news is she's broke and without wheels. The worse news is her grandma, Pearl (Susan Sarandon), is her only option-with a car, cash, and an itch to see Niagara Falls. Not exactly the escape Tammy had in mind. But on the road, with grandma riding shot gun, it may be just what Tammy needs.
TAMMY (R)
(Showtimes in brackets denote $6.50 "Bargain Matinees")
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++

And the "Avon Movies" just keep a'comin'!
I'm determined to make the crowd that has kept us in business all these years happy!
I've purposely eschewed booking the "mall movies" in the last few weeks to bring you films that are more to YOUR liking.
And, realistically, good independent movies like BEGIN AGAIN and CHEF are just the kind of movies that THE AVON is famous for!

So, come to see these and don't let me down!
Show me I'm on the right track with all of YOU!
(Because YOU are the only reason we are now in our 16th year!!)
The Avon Theater has been YOUR 'hometown theater' for almost 100 Years!!
This weekend, I'm looking for you and you and...YOU!!
-Skip Huston

THIS INCREDIBLE PROMOTION IS GOING ON NOW...
-TUESDAYS ALL SUMMER!!