[Avon-theatre-news] AVON THEATER NEWS---FEB. 7th, 2014

AVON THEATER 3 Skip at theAvon.com
Thu Feb 6 13:48:13 EST 2014

WEEK OF FRIDAY, FEB. 7th thru THURSDAY,  FEB. 13th  ONLY!!
Check out our funky-chic website at: www.TheAvon.com
 >>>Click this link: http://www.facebook.com/TheAvonTheatre

OUR "QUICK LOOK" SHOWTIME PANEL!!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

THE LEGO MOVIE (PG)  Family / Comedy 1 hr 41 min  (not including 8 to 12 min of previews)
"The LEGO Movie" is the first-ever, full-length theatrical LEGO adventure. The original animated story follows Emmet (Chris Pratt) an ordinary, rules- following, perfectly average LEGO minifigure who is mistakenly identified as the most extraordinary person and the key to saving the world. He is drafted into a fellowship of strangers on an epic quest to stop an evil tyrant, a journey for which Emmet is hopelessly and hilariously underprepared.
Boasting beautiful animation, a charming voice cast, laugh-a-minute gags, and a surprisingly thoughtful story, The Lego Movie is colorful fun for all ages.
THE LEGO MOVIE (PG)
(Showtimes in brackets denote $6.50 "Bargain Matinees")
FRI: (4:00) - 7:00 (This show 3D)
SAT: (1:00) - (4:00) - 7:00 (This show 3D)
SUN:  (1:00) - (4:00)
MON thru THURS: 6:30
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

NEBRASKA (R)  Drama 1 hr 50 min  (not including 8 to 12 min of previews)
NOMINATED FOR SIX OSCARS INCLUDING "BEST PICTURE" & "BEST ACTOR"!!

Director Alexander Payne (Sideways, The Descendants) takes the helm for this black and white road trip drama starring Bruce Dern as a tempestuous Missouri father who's convinced he's won a million dollar magazine sweepstakes, and Will Forte as the son who grudgingly agrees to drive him to Nebraska to claim his winnings. Bob Odenkirk and Stacy Keach costar.
Elegant in its simplicity and poetic in its message, Nebraska adds another stirringly resonant chapter to Alexander Payne's remarkable filmography.
NEBRASKA (R)
(Showtimes in brackets denote $6.50 "Bargain Matinees")
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

LABOR DAY (PG13)  Romance / Drama 1 hr  51 min  (not including 8 to 12 min of previews)
"Labor Day" centers on 13-year-old Henry Wheeler, who struggles to be the man of his house and care for his reclusive mother Adele while confronting all the pangs of adolescence. On a back-to-school shopping trip, Henry and his mother encounter Frank Chambers, a man both intimidating and clearly in need of help, who convinces them to take him into their home and later is revealed to be an escaped convict. The events of this long Labor Day weekend will shape them for the rest of their lives.
LABOR DAY (PG13)
(Showtimes in brackets denote $6.50 "Bargain Matinees")
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

How does that old expression go?
"Somedays you eat the bear, and somedays the bear eats you" ??
Well, that can sum up the movie theater business pretty well!

After riding high with some major exclusive films like SAVING MR. BANKS, PHILOMENA & NEBRASKA, we got a shot of reality this week!
It seems, Sony Pictures, in their infinite wisdom, has decided to NOT go so "wide" with their film MONUMENTS MEN this opening weekend.
Whether this has something to do with them pulling it out of the original Christmas release, or the fact the early reviews of it are not that good, we'll never know...

The fact is, we promoted it for months, and were fairly certain we would have it this weekend!
BUT...here comes the good part:

It was decided by the poo-bahs at Sony that Decatur would only get TWO runs of it (Clinton and Lincoln, Illinois didn't get it at all).
So, they threw the first of the two runs to Hickory Point, and, it was a coin toss to see if The Avon or The Strand got the second print...
WE LOST THE COIN TOSS, FOLKS!

All I can ask is this:
If you MUST see it this weekend, then you'll be going out to those "other guys" with all the baggage that carries with it.
BUT...
If you can wait a few weeks, we will be do everything possible to get it in eventually.

It's up to YOU!
This was totally out of our hands, and its too bad the studio had to be Sony, which are known to be rather, uh, difficult to deal with.
If it were Warners, Fox, Paramount, Disney, Lions Gate, Weinstein, etc., we'd be opening MONUMENTS MEN this weekend!

I certainly hope you will WAIT to see it at the Avon, but, I do understand if you don't.

Thanks for listening, folks!
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Come See Us this Weekend!!
-I'll Be There, and I'm Looking for you and you and...YOU!
-Skip Huston
NO DOUBT ABOUT IT...
THE GREATEST CAST ON EARTH!!!

JULY 2013.
Who is the grooviest one in the picture?
Guess correctly and win absolutely nothing!! HaHaHa
(Hint: It ain't the dog!)