[Avon-theatre-news] AVON THEATER NEWS---FEB. 21st, 2014

AVON THEATER 3 Skip at theAvon.com
Wed Feb 19 12:16:13 EST 2014

WEEK OF FRIDAY, FEB. 21st thru THURSDAY,  FEB. 27th  ONLY!!
Check out our funky-chic website at: www.TheAvon.com
 >>>Click this link: http://www.facebook.com/TheAvonTheatre

OUR "QUICK LOOK" SHOWTIME PANEL!!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

THE LEGO MOVIE (PG)  Family / Comedy 1 hr 41 min  (not including 8 to 12 min of previews)
"The LEGO Movie" is the first-ever, full-length theatrical LEGO adventure. The original animated story follows Emmet (Chris Pratt) an ordinary, rules- following, perfectly average LEGO minifigure who is mistakenly identified as the most extraordinary person and the key to saving the world. He is drafted into a fellowship of strangers on an epic quest to stop an evil tyrant, a journey for which Emmet is hopelessly and hilariously underprepared.
Boasting beautiful animation, a charming voice cast, laugh-a-minute gags, and a surprisingly thoughtful story, The Lego Movie is colorful fun for all ages.
THE LEGO MOVIE (PG)
(Showtimes in brackets denote $6.50 "Bargain Matinees")
SUN:  (1:00) - (4:00)
MON thru THURS: 6:30
THE LEGO MOVIE 3D SHOWTIMES:
(Note: Only a $2.00 3D upcharge!!)
FRI: (4:15) 3D
SAT: (1:15) - (4:15) 3D
SUN: (1:15) 3D

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

3 DAYS TO KILL (PG13)  Action / Thriller 1 hr 40 min  (not including 8 to 12 min of previews)

In this heart pounding action-thriller, Kevin Costner is a dangerous international spy, who is determined to give up his high stakes life to finally build a closer relationship with his estranged wife and daughter, whom he's previously kept at arm's length to keep out of danger. But first, he must complete one last mission- even if it means juggling the two toughest assignments yet: hunting down the world's most ruthless terrorist and looking after his teenage daughter for the first time in ten years, while his wife is out of town.
3 DAYS TO KILL (PG13)
(Showtimes in brackets denote $6.50 "Bargain Matinees")
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

WINTER'S TALE (PG13)  Romance / Fantasy 2 hrs.  (not including 8 to 12 min of previews)
Set in a mythic New York City and spanning more than a century, "Winter's Tale" is a story of miracles, crossed destinies, and the age-old battle between good and evil. The film stars Colin Farrell ("Total Recall"), Jessica Brown Findlay (TV's "Downton Abbey"), and Oscar (R) winners Jennifer Connelly ("A Beautiful Mind"), William Hurt ("Kiss of the Spider Woman"), Eva Marie Saint ("On the Waterfront") and Russell Crowe ("Gladiator"). "Winter's Tale" also introduces young newcomers Ripley Sobo and Mckayla Twiggs (both from Broadway's "Once").
WINTER'S TALE (PG13)
(Showtimes in brackets denote $6.50 "Bargain Matinees")
FRI & SAT: 7:15
SUN: (4:15)
MON thru THURS: 6:30
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

As you will see in this weekend's Herald & Review "Reader's Choice" supplement, the good ol' Avon has been voted the #1 "Best Place to See a Movie" for the 9th year in a row!

I want to thank all of you for voting for us!

Its an honor that I can never claim singularly, though...
One of the biggest assets The Avon Theater has is its incredible staff!

I know, I know...I brag about them a lot...
But, I am truly blessed with the "supporting cast" that keeps everything clean and running smooth.

We get a kick out of the fact that many of you think that all of our girls (or at least some of them) are my daughters!
But, there is a deeper respect that assumption connotes...
Yes, one of those girls IS my daughter, but she is mostly behind the scenes cooking all of the fabulous caramel and candy corn flavors we have become known for.
And, one of those girls IS my niece, who is a "Huston" in every sense of the word.

But, mostly our girls are YOUR daughters; and the best and brightest we can find!

This award, this great honor, is for ALL of them, past and present.

The Avon is 98 years old this year, and to think of all the hundreds of people who have worked to make the place extraordinary since November of 1916; I am deeply grateful for every single one of them!
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Come See Us this Weekend!!
-I'll Be There, and I'm Looking for you and you and...YOU!
-Skip Huston
NO DOUBT ABOUT IT...
THE GREATEST CAST ON EARTH!!!

JULY 2013. (It was warm, too!)
I keep running this picture every week because I am so proud
we have such a wonderful staff!
Truly, there ain't a clinker in the bunch, folks!
Hi, Mom....I miss you.